g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Forget about a Vault cover solar panel, we need one on the B.A.Dash.
How about a solar dash, as you say, and little risers that jack it up to cover the window when parked! A little A/C hose in the panel could cool it and the car!! Do something with that B.A. dash!

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
What did you expect? It looks damned near identical to launch night.

Here is the OG truck with the “Big Ass Dash” 2+ years ago.

1685067730577.jpeg

Good to see the posers starting to wash out.
I think of the dash as the back of the frunk. You may call it the BAF.

bootcoder

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Ford Excursion
Occupation
Software Eng
Country flag
CyberTruck deserves a CyberYoke, sure you lose the heat feature but how cool would a polished aluminum yoke be?

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
The more I think about it, the more the lack of stalks might become a dealbreaker. I'm happy they dropped the yoke, but I could have just about lived with that if it had stalks. That's the real control issue I had. Touch buttons are bad enough for operations like indicating (try doing that when the wheel is turned), but the lack of a direction changer is going to be horrible when towing stuff, when your focus is going to be on looking around and back at the trailer, not on the touch screen. Plus when working it's common to have gloves on, and hands dirty, so fiddling with a touch screen or even touch buttons gets very awkward.

I have zero trust in this being solvable with AI, which seems to be the fanboy answer to everything. AI cannot read our minds and intentions. Plus, if you had ever driven a Tesla you would know the AI is far from ideal. Hell, they still haven't got automatic wipers or automatic dipped lights to work properly.

It might sound crazy to consider something so simple as having stalks to be a dealbreaker, compared to the many potential positives (especially if they keep the original prices), but equally it's crazy to drop something so simple and functional.

Royal Fish

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I haven't heard anybody complain about the visibility in a Toyota Prius And the window is slanted about the same as CT
Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 1685090480031
Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 1685090600601

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CYBRTRK :-(
1685022042085.png

Mirror Dump Latch Compartment.
I always thought these rectangles on the vertical A-Pillars were for tweeter speakers, but looking close-up, they are covered in the same fabric as the rest of the trim which suggests they’re removable panels, as you mentioned.

My thoughts are, these slots must be designed to fit small screens for both left and right rear view cameras, as an option!

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
With a BAD, comes....a BAF! If the frunk extends out under that BAD, we are going to have a ton of storage up front. I hope that Tesla will rubberize the frunk and put in drain plugs to allow us to stash a decent sized cooler up there. If not, I guess my electric chainsaw and other hand tools will go up there.

With the yacht floor design under the screen (very similar to the original Model S), it is going to allow for Tesla and 3rd parties to develop modular consoles and give you options for customizing that space. I have a 3rd party console in the S85D that I love (and never remove) because it added 2 actually useful cupholders to the S. That was one area that Tesla really dropped the ball on the original S: the front passengers had to utilize a cupholder in their center armrest and it is extremely awkward to use.

I'm also wondering regarding all of the discussion of the dash/hood visibility: it appears to me that the angle of the windshield/hood on the CT is steeper than most (all?) other trucks out there and that should contribute to a much improved view from the front seats. There should be no need to use a camera at low speeds to see what is within 3 feet of the hood of a CT, unlike so many of the large trucks that have hit the market in the last few years.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
order # 112857526

so what does that mean??
log into tesla.com with the id/pw you used for your reservation... app on the phone or on the web either works..
open the cybertruck if it doesn't open on it's own.. your reservation number is in the app.