Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That's why the diagnosis is now a spectrum instead of specific criteria. Like every behavior, it's defined in different strengths and self-difficulties. Not making it unduly difficult for people with Autism Spectrum Diagnosis to interact with the world makes it easier for everyone eventually. (Just everyone can use ramps)
Pretty sure Musk does not like dealing with politicians who have little to no understanding of engineering and would have preferred to not give the tour at all (or left it to someone else). But he is pragmatic and knows that playing ball with the suits is sometimes useful.
Pretty sure this guy has seen enough factories to not be just a talking head, but yes.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That's why the diagnosis is now a spectrum instead of specific criteria. Like every behavior, it's defined in different strengths and self-difficulties. Not making it unduly difficult for people with Autism Spectrum Diagnosis to interact with the world makes it easier for everyone eventually. (Just everyone can use ramps)
I just donā€™t want to claim anything one way or the other since I havenā€™t been tested.

Seems like a thing now to claim ā€œIā€˜m on the Spectrumā€ or ā€œI have Celiacā€œ or any number of diagnosis without ever being actually confirmed to be such.

Though I suppose if itā€™s a spectrumā€¦ weā€™re all on it right? Iā€™m not sure. Just donā€™t want to disparage or belittle those who struggle with something when I might or might not as well.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
You do know who Elon is right?

I meanā€¦ seriously. He has a meeting with a cabinet member who has Bidens ear and he takes the meeting like this.

1650076508563.png

Hair is WTF.

Jacket is funky as hell.

One boot untucked.

If yaā€™ll are thinking this truck is being designed by the captain of the high school football team you are smoking crack. Musk is the king of nerds. Heā€™s building a truck worthy of the king of nerds and doesnā€™t give AF what people think. Itā€™s a battle tank for a nerd king.

"If yaā€™ll are thinking this truck is being designed by the captain of the high school football team you are smoking crack."

...or

Wipers were missing on the first prototype. Either they forgot or adding wipers would have added complications to the look of the prototype- offending the designer.
I recall Elon dissatisfied with the wipers. These wipers are an afterthought and they are inconsistent with aerodynamic design priorities like recessed door handles.

When the hood is coplanar with the windshield it eliminates the pocket where wipers would normally park. Any wiper would need to be above the plane of the windshield/hood so for aerodynamics the wiper would need to retract below the plane of the windshield/hood which is possible but complicated(expensive).

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
"If yaā€™ll are thinking this truck is being designed by the captain of the high school football team you are smoking crack."

...or

Wipers were missing on the first prototype. Either they forgot or adding wipers would have added complications to the look of the prototype- offending the designer.
I recall Elon dissatisfied with the wipers. These wipers are an afterthought and they are inconsistent with aerodynamic design priorities like recessed door handles.

When the hood is coplanar with the windshield it eliminates the pocket where wipers would normally park. Any wiper would need to be above the plane of the windshield/hood so for aerodynamics the wiper would need to retract below the plane of the windshield/hood which is possible but complicated(expensive).
Thats what EM said. I can also guarantee that the current BAW is stuffing up laminar flow over that side of the windscreen and off the edge, which in turn affects the way the airflow rejoins behind the CT.

At a minimum it needs to be a lower profile and/or have aero parts.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Who needs wipes on planet Mars? It never rains up there.

slomobile

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Roboticist
Country flag
I like the BAW with Space X gas jet technology.

We have onboard compressed air. The compressor inlet is at partial vacuum.

Start with this idea https://www.vans.mercedes-benz.com/...ipment/list-reference/safety/wet-wiper-system

At the root of the wiper blade, a vacuum scupper collects used washer fluid to be recycled for use cleaning headlights and preventing fluid streaks on the body.

Moisture condenses out of compressed air in the tank making that air drier. A series of compressed air jets on the back side of the wiper dries and heats, defogging the exterior windshield without affecting interior climate. An interior air wiper option performs rapid defog without running AC, or enhances the AC drying effect.

In the event of ice encapsulating the wiper against the windshield, air pressure applied at the boundary helps cleave the ice sheet away from the glass. Significantly lowering manual effort and time till driving in ice storm conditions.

If we want to get really fancy, we can target specific tough stains by only activating individual air and water jets as they pass a stain identified by camera. Like the compressed air blowers that reject CV identified defects from the production stream in some factories.
The positive air pressure on backside aids wiper seal, thus scrubbing, against glass. The wiper could rapidly go back and forth only at the location of the stain(bug) till it is gone.

While washing is commanded, the compressor outlet pressurizes the headspace above fluid in the main washer tank. The regulated air pressure delivers fluid at a constant rate while the overpressure is delivered behind the main wiper.
Compressor inlet evacuates the headspace in an intermediate washer tank which draws fluid from the scupper, and fills the intermediate tank.

Between main wash pressurizations, the intermediate tank is pressurized, squirting recycled fluid onto the headlights. If this does happen to produce blue staining on the body, the fact that it comes from the "eyes" of the cybertruck will render it "cute" thus not a problem.

PS. Yes, I know that methanol based washer fluid does not stain stainless steel. Lets just call that marketing.
Unfortunately, as much as I like this idea, the noise and power consumption of the air compressor compared to an electric fluid pump are unfavorable.

Deleted member 3316

Why not stow the BAW at the apex of the roof? It could be visually seamless and also have the strength to push off snow from the top of the vehicle and a second wiper could make it symmetrical and wipe the rear window.
Currently it appears the glass extends all the way to the apex of the roofline. If the windscreen is shortened it would provide enough space to make the wiper arm from 30X steel, maintaining the aesthetic and also making it ridiculously strong, (wipe deer, Kangaroo or zombies off the windscreen)

It could be the standard single point pivot or the double bar linear motor described in the patent.

johnm6875

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Y & CT
Country flag

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Why not stow the BAW at the apex of the roof? It could be visually seamless and also have the strength to push off snow from the top of the vehicle and a second wiper could make it symmetrical and wipe the rear window.
Currently it appears the glass extends all the way to the apex of the roofline. If the windscreen is shortened it would provide enough space to make the wiper arm from 30X steel, maintaining the aesthetic and also making it ridiculously strong, (wipe deer, Kangaroo or zombies off the windscreen)

It could be the standard single point pivot or the double bar linear motor described in the patent.
Dual overlapping at the center wipers that come from above would clear the cameras. Some loss of coverage at the bottom center but manageable?
Might be a lot of drag. Having a forward facing cavity will not be very efficient.
Sponsored

Last edited: