Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
I'd like to see a better cord management solution then through a window jam.
There is a little door above the passenger's side front door that has a wiring loom access for the Lightbar. You can feel it and see it while standing beside the CT if it is at Entry Height. The images I added are frrom Jay Leno's Garage YouTube Channel during a recent video with Jay, at the link. It is at about 29 minutes in the video where Jay is once again joined by Tesla's Head of Design, Franz von Holzhausen who along with Tesla's Vice President of Vehicle Engineering, Lars Moravy, they lookmat the little spring loaded port.

Tesla Cybertruck Lightbar accessory spotted on Cybertruck! đź’ˇ Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1305.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Lightbar accessory spotted on Cybertruck! đź’ˇ Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1306.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Lightbar accessory spotted on Cybertruck! đź’ˇ Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1307.JPG
Sponsored

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Man, I am glad this is included with FS Beasts. What's your price estimates? I say $4500 or greater

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
People claim they are good for avoiding kangaroos. But they just stare at the headlights so why wouldn't they just stare at the lightbar too.
We would have to import kangaroos to justify the light bar then.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Apples to oranges. That's an led light bar. Tesla has claimed (recently) that theirs is a laser light bar. This means they are using LEP modules (Laser Excited Phosphor) instead of LED .

1708110987297.png
Exactly, I was going off the LEP (laser) nomenclature, as opposed to LED. I don't think you would get 500 yards full illumination off 48V LED, tbh.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
The wires are probably for the Starlink
In one of the Sandy Munro videos with Tesla engineers, they said it’s for lightbar or any other accessories that need power outlet. I’m glad they thought this through.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A LEP is just a fancy name for a type of LED. LED lasers are still LEDs.

White LEDs work because you have directed photons from a blue LED into a layer of phosphorescent paint. The width and intensity of the LED semiconductor determines the angle and spread of the photons emitted as electrons shift state in the diode.

They may or may not be brighter, but they're mostly just tinier semiconductors.

-Crissa

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Arriving at a public campground at night made me appreciate the importance of the lightbar.

i might install one since my use case is an RV puller for our road trips.

I was able to have it attached to my overhead rack but I don't plan to have a rack so waiting for Tesla to have it as accessory could be my only option.

MikeF

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Apples to oranges. That's an led light bar. Tesla has claimed (recently) that theirs is a laser light bar. This means they are using LEP modules (Laser Excited Phosphor) instead of LED .

1708110987297.png
agordon117, I would prefer the 50" Hella Lightbar at about 7% of the cost of the BajaDesigns Laser LEP Bar that has a 1 degree spot beam versus the more useful wider beam of the 50" Hella at 300 meters.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
agordon117, I would prefer the 50" Hella Lightbar at about 7% of the cost of the BajaDesigns Laser LEP Bar that has a 1 degree spot beam versus the more useful wider beam of the 50" Hella at 300 meters.
I'm not arguing the benefit of lep vs led (though I would say an array of both would probably be most ideal), just pointing out that tesla said theirs is a laser light bar, and there's really only one close point of comparison to that.

Also, offroad lights that are floods are everywhere. Projecting a flat bar of light far into the distance isn't something as easy to do with everything else on the market. Given the downgrade they took on looks (it looked great under the windshield), they probably kept it to LEP modules so they could keep the price high with technology rather than with integration.
Sponsored