cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Oh my, it looks like that could get packed with snow and hard slush.
And certainly LED so it wouldn't melt anything :)
j6rjafb.jpg
those bars can actually put out a lot of heat

it’s one of several reasons I suspect the thought better If putting it inside. Not only can it heat up the cabin, they are outside to be air cooled at speeds. As temp go up, life and output goes down. (Also, the windshield would kill 10%+ of light output, and the headliner/sensor stalk redesign there just doesn’t leave a space for a bar cleanly.)
Sponsored

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Wonder what that does to the Cd ?
I expect adding a little more turbulence to an already 'hot-spot' won't create too much additional turbulence. Let's see....
I'll take ~534 yards of throw anytime.... esp @ LIGHT TIME.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Only use id get out of it is to flash aholes who drive with their high beams on at night like its normal

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
just give it time, someone will come up with one that is inside and works similar to the original.

tcmccormick

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Cybertruck (resrv)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I do not understand rabid hatred of something that is utilitarian (if you are an off roader and need the light) or you just like the look and think is cool. If you do not like it you should not get it. If you like it or need it you get it. There is obviously a ding to aerodynamics but how could it be more aerodynamic really? The lights have to shine forward and downward to be useful. No real way around that unless you had some kind of motorized light that pops up when needed which would be fairly complex and expensive, I would think.

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
I like the install, looks professional. What is the deal, Tesla website has some vague language that makes me wonder if I get this installed at a Tesla dealer or pick my own off road shop - anybody know if it is an installed option or to be installed?
Second question - how much? It was a big feature on the debut model. I could see Tesla offer it to everyone as a no cost option - if you ordered, before Tesla removed pricing on the CT.
It is clear in this forum, many dislike it and wouldn’t order if it was free. Maybe those that want it, get it no charge but have to have it installed - maybe medical marijuana is making me see unicorns now
This light is bright - intended to be used “off road only”. Please dont buy this if you plan to punish drivers that have high beams on. BTW, those people are often drunk and blinding them is a good way to get them to share your lane.

MikeF

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
There is a Power Hookup Tap for the Off-Road Lightbar that is an Easter-Egg, revealed to Jay Leno on his YouTube Channel by Fritz and Lars at about 28:55 into the Video linked here.

Tesla Cybertruck Optional Lightbar Accessory - first closeup looks Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1304.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Optional Lightbar Accessory - first closeup looks Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1305.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Optional Lightbar Accessory - first closeup looks Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1306.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Optional Lightbar Accessory - first closeup looks Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1307.JPG

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There is a Power Hookup Tap for the Off-Road Lightbar that is an Easter-Egg, revealed to Jay Leno on his YouTube Channel by Fritz and Lars at about 28:55 into the Video linked here.

Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1304.JPG
Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1305.JPG
Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1306.JPG
Cybertruck_Off_RoadLightbaPowerHookupEasterEgg_20231224_1307.JPG
Does the light work on the AWD (I.e., same power connector on the roof mount)?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Can the power hookup run both the Light bar and Starlink at the same time?

At least, would Starlink operate if the light bar is off? And vice versa.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Not aerodynamic design
I have such a roof-mounted lightbar on my Jeep. At a stoplight, a cop came over and told me that if I were caught on a public roadway with my "Baha light" turned on, I'd be in trouble.

EMoeller

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsches (992 Turbo S, 993 Turbo, 993 Targa) Prius
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Can the power hookup run both the Light bar and Starlink at the same time?

At least, would Starlink operate if the light bar is off? And vice versa.
I also would like to know about Starlink for CT and whether anyone (other than the Tesla videos in Mexico) has installed Starlink in a CT and how it would work with the Light bar?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I do not understand rabid hatred of something that is utilitarian (if you are an off roader and need the light) or you just like the look and think is cool. If you do not like it you should not get it. If you like it or need it you get it. There is obviously a ding to aerodynamics but how could it be more aerodynamic really? The lights have to shine forward and downward to be useful. No real way around that unless you had some kind of motorized light that pops up when needed which would be fairly complex and expensive, I would think.
I remember some of the lights that the car in some of the SCCA off-road cars were using. They called them "suns" An 18 inch single light fixture mounted in the middle of the bumper.

This were ugly, but critical for vision on mountain forestry roads when going 80 mph!
Sponsored