Lightning pre-orders? (Poll)

Status of Lightning pre-order

• I ordered a Lightning later than this thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I know alot of us have hedged their bets with more than one reservation. I have an Aptera and Silverado reservations; when I reserved the Cybertruck there weren't other options, and my budget has gotten better since.

Lately, I've heard a bunch of people have been able to configure their Ford Lightning reservation. Now, Ford can do this; they aren't factory limited for truck bodies, and their new truck isn't assembled differently than their other trucks. The panels and frame are different, but designed to attach in the same way. They also can hide loss-leaders in their SEC filings easier, as they have more model lines. So of course they can move quickly to get a few out the door.

But they also said last year they cut off reservations at 200k. And that they hope to 'double' their expected production this year to 40k (80k in 2023). But that's still only one in five reservations... yet of all reservation holders I know of, all have been give expected order dates this year.

The Mach-E had quite the order list, too, but alot of them were dealers, so they weren't so hard to come by if you were willing to hunt around.

So I'm wondering, of Lightning reservation holders here, who got the call?

-Crissa
Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
I'm still waiting on my number to be called, but I noticed some on the Ford forum today have production dates for their orders as early as April/May.

I'll probably pass on ordering the Lightning, but no sense in canceling at this point.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not me. 500+ miles or bust. Keeping my options simple...for now.
Me neither. That price tag and frunk are deal-breakers.

But the poll is interesting! As we can see today, there are still a bunch of reservation holders still waiting in the queue.

-Crissa

stimpy

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I have a build date sometime in the week of 5/9, so hopefully get it in June. However, I will likely trade it in on a Cybertruck when my number comes up.

I’m really only getting the Lightning because I got lucky and was able to get an early build. I need a truck by this summer for occasionally towing my boat to the lake and if I didn’t get the Lightning it was going to be an ICE truck to tide me over until the CT comes out. I didn’t reserve until Jan 2020, so it may be a long time before I get a CT.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m doing my best to avoid the dealership experience from ever destroying my short temper again. I had nothing but bad memories from past dealership visits. Tesla avoids that experience by ordering straight from a computer website with no human interaction is the way to go for me.

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I tried to reserve a Lightning in the early days, but the requirements to get you linked to a dealership made me jump ship FAST. I already get ALL the "vehicle warranty" calls ?

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Because of the charging network, I have 0 desire for any other EV. Tesla all the way for me. My M3 just reached 100k, and I'm sure it'll last another 3 or 400 k. Plenty of time for my CT to arrive. :)

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Because of the charging network, I have 0 desire for any other EV. Tesla all the way for me. My M3 just reached 100k, and I'm sure it'll last another 3 or 400 k. Plenty of time for my CT to arrive. :)
My spouse says the same.

But I'd like to see other manufacturers try. There's no technological reason they can't do it. And plug and charge CCS is becoming more standard.

-Crissa
Sponsored