Major mistake not including charge cables with all new vehicles!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
It was Flavor-aid that they drank, not Kool-aid. And I've done my own spreadsheets on every car I've owned, using my own local numbers. Which as I said, are vastly better than most areas. The savings are super clear. A national study includes a lot of old data also, and a lot of crap batteries like the Leaf, which die out SUPER fast. You're drinking the government Kool-aid.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
IMO, that opinion is just crazy. Comparing something that has saved millions of lives, to something that could only in a very remote and very stupid situation be life threatening? Something that helps you against a threat that you probably can't mitigate or plan against, to something that you can just knowingly avoid having to use? Wow.
According to the IIHS, about 50,000 lives were saved by airbags in the last decade.

A small device that can make instant shelter in inclement weather in a more uncertain world, that can stabilize the traction battery and stop it from being recycled... A $100 (in parts) part that can save a $10,000 part seems pretty cheap, too.

Earthquakes and bomb cyclones and fire weather don't happen every year. But they do happen. And people die. And cars die. A small part, that can save that from happening?

And on top of that, Tesla was supposed to be the company that didn't nickel and dime us on options. Cars should come with their cables. They do wear out.

-Crissa

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
Gosh, seven pages in and nobody has made the suggestion that Tesla should have made this a deletable option, saving $200 if you uncheck the box. Psychologically, saving $200 is so much more attractive than having to pay an extra $200 for something we considered included. Considering how much theyā€™ve increased prices, they could easily have absorbed thisā€¦or just slightly accelerated the next $1000 price hike!

Rivianā€™s debacle should have made this the obvious marketing move: ā€œAll Teslas now cheaper if you donā€™t needā€¦ā€

FrostyCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 MustangGT-700rwhp, 21' & 22' M3 LR, CT res.
Occupation
Self employed - refrigeration service
Country flag
ok, letā€™s remove a passenger seat. If you need it - just buy in advance before delivery! Data shows that there is not really usage of this seat. And much less usage of a back seat! Do you see the path?
DONT SAY THAT Elon will hear it and really do it. They go too far sometimes.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Everything is spiraling out of control In cost so eliminating something that doesnā€™t get used by everyone is completely understandable. Supposedly they are reducing the cost to 200 dollars but the issue is no stock which is another factor why itā€™s an option now. They have data on EVERYTHING so this isnā€™t something everyone uses all the time, just like the passenger lumbar supportā€¦..havenā€™t heard anyone bitching about it every since.

For reference at my work place we are still waiting for things we ordered from last October.

Last edited:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Iā€™m just laughing my ass off that were this many pages into this drivel. Like when the gladiator forums had 36 pages about the key fob being too big. You people are hilarious.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Itā€™s a blip. Not going to affect Teslas bottom line significantly, nor will it hurt consumers much.

Its certainly not major anything. My understanding is if you buy the kit they are including more adaptors which makes it more useful. Considering each adaptor costs $50 it doesnā€™t take including too many to make this a push.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I like the delete option myself. Why not, everybody is happy. I use a level 1 (low level 2) charge cable for my home brew EV Bus. In the few instances that I can think of (remote cabins) I will just grab my charge cable from the Bus. It is longer than stock anyway. Then 99% the time I have lowered the mass of the vehicle by 3? lbs and gained a little storage.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, that's a damn shame about tech and why dumpster-diving was a thing.

But you aren't complaining your airbags didn't get used, or any of a dozen other safety features like the fire supressant in the battery or the expansion joints in the cells or the crush cans in the bumpers or body... And no, these aren't all required, either, Tesla regularly overbuilds for safety.

In the few instances that I can think of (remote cabins) I will just grab my charge cable from the Bus. It is longer than stock anyway.
You used a Tesla connector on your EV project?

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you ever use traction tires, go into the wilds, have a single vehicle in a place (or drive through) that gets bomb cyclones, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, blizzards, earthquakes, wildfires, or floods... definitely carry a mobile charger.

It should just be free to any first-time Tesla owner, too.

-Crissa

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
They have no interest in keeping the purchase price down. They make significantly higher profit than their competitors and they are looking for any way possible to make more profit.
As a share holder this makes me very happy. I hope profits go even higher! As a customer, the lack of a charge cable is annoying.
Sponsored