Michelin All Season Tires for Cybertruck

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
this is the first set of all season on road tires that I’ve seen in the size/spec for the cybertruck, at least on tirerack. Michelin defender LTX platinum.

still waiting for all season tires to be an option when configuring foundation series cybertruck. I need the extra range that all season on road tires (and hopefully the aero caps too) will afford. Maybe this is a good sign that this configuration option will be coming soon… Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

CybrTrkNj

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350, for a little longer..
Occupation
Retired Network Engineer
Country flag
this is the first set of all season on road tires that I’ve seen in the size/spec for the cybertruck, at least on tirerack. Michelin defender LTX platinum.

still waiting for all season tires to be an option when configuring foundation series cybertruck. I need the extra range that all season on road tires (and hopefully the aero caps too) will afford. Maybe this is a good sign that this configuration option will be coming soon… Fingers crossed.
I too very much want / would prefer my FS CT come with AS tires instead of AT tires. Range more important than possible off-road use.
Would hate to get the truck only to buy new AS tires weeks or months later. Then I have these huge tires sitting around.

OP
OP

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
I hear ya. Tight fit in our garage - no room for an additional (unneeded) set of 35” AT tires, and would have a difficult time selling them given our location (rural central PA).

C’mon Tesla, start offering all seasons as an option! You’ll sell at least 2 more FS CTs :giggle: . Anyone else want to pile on? (With 6 you get egg roll- maybe with 60 you get all seasons) …

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag

It was tested there is not much different in range moving from AT to AS tires.

OP
OP

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
can you please point me to that test? I must’ve missed it. I didn’t see anybody testing identically with actual all season on road tires using the same rims as I didn’t think they had made that size yet in all season on road tires.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
can you please point me to that test? I must’ve missed it. I didn’t see anybody testing identically with actual all season on road tires using the same rims as I didn’t think they had made that size yet in all season on road tires.
i believe it was tested by a very early owner in his "after 10000 miles" or something report in Jan. he said no noticeable ( or meaningful? I don't remember) difference.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tesla told everyone at the delivery event that AWD range w/AS would be 340 and w/AT would be 320. 20 miles is more than 5%. In my use of my Model Y in the winter I have noticed that navigation predictions to the next SC are usually 5% off. That 5% can be a stress reducer if nothing else.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Tesla told everyone at the delivery event that AWD range w/AS would be 340 and w/AT would be 320. 20 miles is more than 5%. In my use of my Model Y in the winter I have noticed that navigation predictions to the next SC are usually 5% off. That 5% can be a stress reducer if nothing else.
Yeah, but edmund tested the AT tires actually can go 334 miles. Tbh, anything 5% or less won't be too meaningful since all other factors can make much bigger impact.

OP
OP

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
And maybe even a little more than is currently being seen once the new aero hubs are re-issued. I know it doesn’t seem a lot, but 20 to 30 miles of improvement is indeed a big deal, not just from a stress perspective, but also on charge time as it allows you to drive a little farther and still stay under the 80% charge so that you’re not spending forever at the supercharger on the wrong end of the battery charging curve.

so to get that little extra nudge, and not have to spend more money and have another set of tires I don’t need in the garage, I am hopefully waiting or rather waiting hopefully for all season on road tires to be offered. I was encouraged to see that Michelin is now offering those type of tires in the correct cybertruck size. (y)

CybrTrkNj

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350, for a little longer..
Occupation
Retired Network Engineer
Country flag
And maybe even a little more than is currently being seen once the new aero hubs are re-issued. I know it doesn’t seem a lot, but 20 to 30 miles of improvement is indeed a big deal, not just from a stress perspective, but also on charge time as it allows you to drive a little farther and still stay under the 80% charge so that you’re not spending forever at the supercharger on the wrong end of the battery charging curve.

so to get that little extra nudge, and not have to spend more money and have another set of tires I don’t need in the garage, I am hopefully waiting or rather waiting hopefully for all season on road tires to be offered. I was encouraged to see that Michelin is now offering those type of tires in the correct cybertruck size. (y)
If you had a free option that gave you more range, even 5%, you would turn it down?
I doubt it. Also the AS tires should be a little quieter, no? What about tread life? Would the AS tires last longer? Just my thoughts.

ChristoN

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 MS LR, 2022 MYP
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Edmunds did the test.

OP
OP

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
Edmunds did the test.
If we’re talking about the same test, Edmunds tested the range using all terrain tires without aero wheel covers. And while their test exceeded the predicted range from Tesla website, they did not test the cybertruck with either all season tires or aero wheel covers.

their test was an average speed of 40 mph, 60/40 split of city/highway driving. No question if the driving is predominantly highway that the range would be much lower than what they came up with.

regardless, they did not test with all season tires or aero covers, and in fact in their update to the article, they state “we look forward to testing the 340 mile rated cybertruck on all season tires with aero covers”.

so, as best I can tell, nobody has actually done a comparison. From everything I can read, there should be a bump in range with both all season (compared to all terrain), and a bump with aero covers (as opposed to no aero covers).

If Tesla would give me those two little bumps, I would give them mucho dollars!!!!!

Scribbious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Cybertruck Previous: 2020 MY 2018 M3
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Country flag
Well... I had a set of the Michelins delivered to me today. Planning to do some testing. Might see if there is a YouTuber who wants to create content. If you know one near Tallahassee, FL, send them my way.

Will either be selling the Goodyears (<2k miles) or the Michelins based on the results. Wish me luck.

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Well... I had a set of the Michelins delivered to me today. Planning to do some testing. Might see if there is a YouTuber who wants to create content. If you know one near Tallahassee, FL, send them my way.

Will either be selling the Goodyears (<2k miles) or the Michelins based on the results. Wish me luck.
Definitely would love to hear your opinion and see some pictures of the Michelin mounted. I live in MN and the good year at tires suck in the snow, have always been a Michelin guy

elyliu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD, Model X 90D, Model 3 AWD
Country flag

Keep us posted!
Sponsored