Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet?

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
John you are definitely determined to sleep in that truck lol. I am sure with your persistence you will find a reasonably easy and reasonably comfortable way to get the job done. That sketch isn’t a bad idea if the seat will indeed fold that far. ?
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Remove the right front seat and sleep lengthwise to the CT. This offers 6'6" length. Back seat width is only 5'6". I'm 6-3.
Sleeping in CT 3 view.png
Just wondering where you got the 5'6" number. I was not aware that Tesla had published interior dimensions. That said, some form of folding-flat seats that would allow for sleeping is a good alternative.

OP
OP

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
Just wondering where you got the 5'6" number. I was not aware that Tesla had published interior dimensions. That said, some form of folding-flat seats that would allow for sleeping is a good alternative.
Guesstimate/measurement based on this 3D

Tesla Cybertruck Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet? CT 3D

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I think a lot of us secretly want a Cyber SUV.

As far as sleeping in CT, Tesla has a car camping state of mind. I am sure they will come up with something. Lot of cars have already done it. It does not take much for CT to do it.

Tesla Cybertruck Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet? 1628031586972

Chevy trailblazer:
Tesla Cybertruck Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet? 1628031793821

Tesla Cybertruck Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet? 1628031629343

Tesla Cybertruck Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet? 1628031857663

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Guesstimate/measurement based on this 3D

CT 3D.jpg
Thank you for answering my question. I am not 6'3" (or even close) so it isn't so much an issue for me. I'd be happy if they have fully reclining seats, or even mostly reclining seats, but I doubt they will.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
I'm considering a window high width bed with a diy cot that is built to hang out both sides (front if rear doesn't retract all the way) windows, and has a tent fabric cover that slips on both ends and goes up and over the cab.
Sponsored