Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
its a depreciating asset and life happens to people.

people skate right past it for financing all the time that does not however in any way make it wise to do so.
According to Elon, FSD is almost solved and it will appreciate lol
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
this is a dumb injection (again?), but:

sort of gives me vertigo when in the same breath people say Tesla’s are so superior that they will sell tens of millions of cars a year, then turn around and describe how the virtue of a Tesla includes they last 15 years, require near zero maintenance, and with FSD will mean they avoid collision damage, and a single car can be split between multiple people

I’m not disputing either line of reasoning only saying that these two concurrent lines of reasoning seem to beg so many questions, just breeze on past and I’m left …

Tesla Cybertruck Motortrend global president is thinking 80k 1684471965033

there was a bit of this moment in Elon’s talk this week, when he was describing how with FSD the value of a single car will increase 5X. The audience was kind of silent, I took it, because they were thinking “isn’t the corollary that there will be only 1/5 the demand for units?”

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
this is a dumb injection (again?), but:

sort of gives me vertigo when in the same breath people say Tesla’s are so superior that they will sell tens of millions of cars a year, then turn around and describe how the virtue of a Tesla includes they last 15 years, require near zero maintenance, and with FSD will mean they avoid collision damage, and a single car can be split between multiple people

I’m not disputing either line of reasoning only saying that these two concurrent lines of reasoning seem to beg so many questions, just breeze on past and I’m left …

1684471965033.gif

there was a bit of this moment in Elon’s talk this week, when he was describing how with FSD the value of a single car will increase 5X. The audience was kind of silent, I took it, because they were thinking “isn’t the corollary that there will be only 1/5 the demand for units?”
dont get me started on the billions of optimus bots hes projecting

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I half expect there to be with the amount Elon talked about it, but the Semi changing to 3 makes me question it.
Double down on that expectation :)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
yes... if the Semi doesn't, why would the CT ????
The Semi wasn't using four motors for traction, but because the smaller motors were cheaper to produce at the time. They didn't require permanent magnets. The Semi also includes a real clutch, which no other Tesla includes.

The Cybertruck would have four motors for positive traction and crawl control.

-Crissa

Now, do I know which Cybertruck will come out? Not a clue.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I half expect there to be with the amount Elon talked about it, but the Semi changing to 3 makes me question it.
Dide he really though? I recall only once or twice at best, and we all know how off the cuff his tweeting is.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag
Dide he really though? I recall only once or twice at best, and we all know how off the cuff his tweeting is.
He was on a podcast talking about how they realized they needed 4 motors for it to perform really well off-road.

Then he's talked about the Plaid version; being the one he'll drive, being the coolest truck in the world, etc.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
yes... if the Semi doesn't, why would the CT ????
Semi is designed primarily for paved roads and maybe well graded unpaved roads.
Not off-roading, forest roads, mud, beach, etc. NO rock crawling.

Cybertruck is designed for paved roads, well graded unpaved roads, off-roading, forest roads, mud, beach, etc. Maybe some rock crawling.
Motors at all 4-wheels might be useful for some Cybertruck owners in certain road/off-road conditions.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
He's a salesman. Take it with the same grain of salt as the pitch from the Time Share salesperson who tells you "you'll be able to trade nights for properties in Hawaii and sell your share for twice what you're paying today!!!"

🌈 🦄

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I would be delighted if it was $79,000 (tri motor or similar 400+ mile range). I wouldn’t be surprised to see it being more though.

compare to price of Model X and Model S

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
A 79.9K trimotor CT would be the hottest seller ever...