SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTORĀ®
Country flag
We all know by know that you cant trust what Elon puts up on slides. We will meet half way in that the new cell chemistry has been tested to be about 7% more energy dense. That's still a lot less than the 50%ish better it would need to be to stay as a single layer to get to a 500. Also, due to weight and shape, its expected that the CT will have the most kwh/mile of any of the current tesla vehicles. The Model X long range has a 100 kWh pack has a 350 mile range so we need at least 42% increase to get to 500 miles of range assuming the same efficiency. So lets say 7% is battery chemistry. Recent comparisons between the model Ys coming out of CA and those coming out of Texas have shown no significant weight reduction so I am not going to bet on the CT structural pack having some crazy weight reduction due to the pack. The wheel base is about 28% longer than model x so lets call it 25% more room for batteries horizontally. So that gets us to 25+7=32% at best. my guess is that they will need to stack about 15%-20% of the pack to get that 500 mi range.
Isn't the CT about 5" wider than a MY? That's room for 1 more 4680 per row. We're getting closer by the minute through speculation. I speculate Tesla has already figured this out. 500+ miles of range in a single stack will be available.
Sponsored

MrKashima

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The price is going to be $79,990 for the Quad. Dual will be $59,990.

I am absolutely certain of this because my brother's wife's sister has a cousin that works at Tesla and Elon told his buddy those are the prices.

Most people on here must be rich or think everyone is rich. I think most would tap out past $80K.

My Model Y Performance is fun, and was a stretch at $63K. After playing with a friend's X and S, I realized they're well into the law of diminishing returns. I can afford an X or S, but I'd have to be the kind of person that can afford a super car for it to make sense financially.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is going to be an interesting read to come back to after price and specs are revealed.

I have my opinions about what i think will likely happen, but readily accept that i could be wrong. People presenting opinion as fact is what i find funny

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So based on Farzadā€™s video a new question arises, quad HP vs quad Plaid HP. i.e. what do yo get for $20K? Tri motor Plaids (S and X) are listed at 1020Hp. The original Tri motor CT was listed 800Hp (?).
ā€˜we really still have too few details to make rational guesses at pricing, performance, range, differences between ā€œproposedā€ models, etc. Maybe LA show will bring some new hintsā€¦..

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
The price is going to be $79,990 for the Quad. Dual will be $59,990.

I am absolutely certain of this because my brother's wife's sister has a cousin that works at Tesla and Elon told his buddy those are the prices.

Most people on here must be rich or think everyone is rich. I think most would tap out past $80K.

My Model Y Performance is fun, and was a stretch at $63K. After playing with a friend's X and S, I realized they're well into the law of diminishing returns. I can afford an X or S, but I'd have to be the kind of person that can afford a super car for it to make sense financially.
And yet at $70k, the performance Model Y can't be produced fast enough. Just because it seems crazy to you (and to me for that matter) doesn't mean you set the price. Supply and demand with an eye towards competition sets the price. A top of the line Lightening is now going to cost over $100k and a BASE Model X is $121k. The top of the line CT Quad Motor will be superior to both of those models in many respects and will also be the hottest vehicle in the world. There is no way they price it below $130k. I know all the fanboys want to think that Elon is some benevolent human that will make an amazing vehicle and sell it for as cheap as possible, but at the end of the day they have proven to increase prices in response to demand so that they can maximize profits and NO vehicle has the demand that the CT has! You can buy me a beer next year (hopefully) when I'm right.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
This is going to be an interesting read to come back to after price and specs are revealed.

I have my opinions about what i think will likely happen, but readily accept that i could be wrong. People presenting opinion as fact is what i find funny
When its all said and done... none of us will revisit these threads and hopefully ever think about it again. I sure wont.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Both Ford and Rivian entered the market with underpriced tucks.
Without getting too much into the obvious, basically
- to raise interest
-to cover their ass in case Tesla come in lower
etc.

I reckon Tesla's pricing is closer to the mark.. they forward dated the release by a year, and would have allowed for that portion of inflation.

I reckon Ford and Rivian are closer to the BS Mary way of doing things. Tesla internally has more realistic pricing, and increases will only have part of 21/22 inflation to contend with.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The top of the line CT Quad Motor will be superior to both of those models in many respects and will also be the hottest vehicle in the world.... I know all the fanboys want to think that Elon is some benevolent human that will make an amazing vehicle and sell it for as cheap as possible...
You know Tesla fanboys are the ones claiming its going to be the hottest vehicle in the world outselling everything on earth. Another unrealistic belief.

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When its all said and done... none of us will revisit these threads and hopefully ever think about it again. I sure wont.
Alot of us will have plenty of time to burn still between price and options reveal and actual delivery. Of course once i get mine, its water under the bridge.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Alot of us will have plenty of time to burn still between price and options reveal and actual delivery. Of course once i get mine, its water under the bridge.
True, but if the pricing burns too many people, you will see a noticeable decrease in traffic to this site, cause the scorched will not care to engage in the topic between being burned and someone else's actual delivery. They will have moved on. I suspect the list of true die hards "at any cost" is concentrated predominantly in the userbase of this board.

It is going to be an interesting year.

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Traffic won't matter. I was referring to contents of this thread and others from b4 the reveal

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Traffic won't matter. I was referring to contents of this thread and others from b4 the reveal
My reference to a reduction in traffic was to point out that reduction in site traffic implies less people actively revisiting these threads and topics, which is water under the bridge!

So this topic will be water under the bridge sooner or later depending on your wallet!

Personally, I can't wait for the whole topic to be distant memory. Its jumped the shark long ago, and is currently dominating this site.

MrKashima

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And yet at $70k, the performance Model Y can't be produced fast enough. Just because it seems crazy to you (and to me for that matter) doesn't mean you set the price. Supply and demand with an eye towards competition sets the price. A top of the line Lightening is now going to cost over $100k and a BASE Model X is $121k. The top of the line CT Quad Motor will be superior to both of those models in many respects and will also be the hottest vehicle in the world. There is no way they price it below $130k. I know all the fanboys want to think that Elon is some benevolent human that will make an amazing vehicle and sell it for as cheap as possible, but at the end of the day they have proven to increase prices in response to demand so that they can maximize profits and NO vehicle has the demand that the CT has! You can buy me a beer next year (hopefully) when I'm right.
Pretty funny. Can I get some of what youā€™re smoking? :D

$130k is laughable for a truck. Lightning price is a joke at how many they make a year. Better off making Ferrari.

As for the ā€œhottest vehicle in the worldā€. Lol

Ford sold 700k F150s in 2021. They didnā€™t do it at $130k a pop.

Think on that, 700k in 2021. Think per year. Iā€™ve no doubt the cybertruck can be a huge seller. At $130k rofl rofl rofl Tesla sells something like 30-40k cars a year at that price. Now that is pretty amazing but at that rate, theyā€™d fulfill their order sometime inā€¦. Never.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.