Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Please don't state your opinion or guess as a fact. Your guess may end up being correct. But as of right now, it's what your believe, not what you know. Nobody knows.
BS... Musk and plenty of others at Tesla know and he just said as much. You and the rest of this Clown Show of Deniers just can't accept it. The price is going up. Count on it. And while I am positive Tesla didn't / doesn't / will not want it that way, there is this thing called reality that they have to play in. Y'all don't, because this is Internet Crazytown. If it wasn't all of you would realize "the price will change" means increase not whatever YOU are choosing to believe it means.

The fact that they are slow-rolling the higher "final" price when they undoubtedly know what production costs are currently given the final design and have projections for a year from now is nothing short of good business tactics given all the angst this will cause. The closer to trucks rolling off the line they do it, the easier it will be for folks to stomach with all the drool helping them choke it down. Cancelations? Sure, but I bet (and yes, this is just an informed opinion) Tesla knows that most of those were going to be punters anyway. And let's be honest, the fewer trucks they "need" to roll off the line initially at whatever price they decide to charge and get, the better for them as a business until they can really ramp up, build more demand and market share, grow that economy of scale, and refine their QC. The last thing they need is for this to fall flat due to all kinds of gremlins after the years of hype. Not so good for advancing society and killing ICE.

I believe that Tesla doesn't know launch price RIGHT NOW about as much as I believe they don't actually know how many reservations they have. I called BS on that when I heard Musk say it. Even for a company as different as Tesla, there is absolutely no way that is possible when you assign a number to a reservation. Now, given it is a different comapny and they don't CARE how many reservations they have until they have to fulfill them is a different story... Some targets are hand-to-hand, some are 300 meters. You're a fool to handle the later before the former.

Here is another argument... Why hasn't Musk just come out and said "No increase. Rolling out at launch prices" then? Talk about the PR and good will that would gain regardless of when he did it... Why not? Because he can't. But you damn well know he would if he could. What a coup that would be... "Suck it competitors. Not only did we come up with this crazy design on a lark, and then got caught completely by surprise when it took off like Falcon 9, we are doing it for what we said we would AFTER the largest planetary disruption since WWII. We bad!"

Who's is buying a car, let alone any Tesla, without the options? Very, very few... Neither you nor the rest of your Like Posse are taking any of that into account with your statistics that only tell you whatever you want them to. These trucks will be more than stated at launch, if just because you have to outfit it "properly". Everyone's favorite woman in comfortable shoes has rang that bell a lot. But I don't see any of you standing up against that argument. Again, why would you, you'd have to think on your own for a change... Enjoy the sand in your ears, y'all. It's better than what would be shoved in them if you stuck your heads into another location.
Sponsored

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
As of January, Tesla’s average selling price is $63k. That is all cars, including the Model S and Model X which drive up the average but sell in low volume.

If the ASP is your basis for what the Cybertruck pricing will be, then you are suggesting the ****AVERAGE**** price of the Cybertruck will be $63k or higher. That isn’t the base price, that suggests some will sell for less and some for more.

I agree. The average sales price of the Cybertruck will likely be at least $63k. Heck… I’d even agree that for at least the first 5 years the **average** selling price of the Cybertruck would be at least $66k. That might be 200k trucks at $60k and 75k trucks at $80k. That’s right in the ballpark of where I think things might land actually.

You don’t seem to have a good handle on the prices Tesla is selling their cars for. The overwhelming majority of Teslas are sold for less than $65k. Model S and Model X are sold in the 10s of thousands, they are a small and shrinking part of Tesla’s fleet at this point. Tesla just doubled US production of the Model Y and hasn’t significantly increased Model S production in 3-4 years.

As for being competitive. CT pricing I am talking about is extremely competitive, I am talking about a company setting prices to dominate a market, not to make some short term run on a handful of buyers.
If Tesla doesn't take a short-term run on handful of buyers, the scalpers surely will. Just saying.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
This thread is going to age just so, so well. Not sure why there has to be endless insistence on such dubious prognostications. Go ahead and state your case once. After that, you enter troll territory. The internet has proven trolls to be so very accurate and reliable.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If Tesla doesn't take a short-term run on handful of buyers, the scalpers surely will. Just saying.
Eh. What a handful of people make on the gray market isn’t representative of what a thing is worth. There will always be a few people who are willing to pay too much money for a thing. That doesn’t mean you can sell 100,000 of them for that much money.

That seems to be the fundamental misunderstanding around this whole thing. How many $100,000 cars do you own? How many does anyone here own? Cars that expensive are very uncommon for a reason.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.