My CT starts shivering around 76miles/hour. how is yours?

Cybaba

First Name
Coco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Country flag
more than one month passed after delivery. SbW is great, mileage is around 280miles, not bad, but there are a couple of area I really want Tesla to improve.
1. The biggest one for me is the one in the subject. its very smooth from start to around 76miles/h, but it will start shivering when approaching to 80, and I just do not feel comfortable with it. what are you guys getting with your CT?
2. battery drain over night- It drains 2-3%minimum, sometimes 4%. I dont think this is normal, expecting sw update will fix it.
3. lost rear view on turning - camera shows side view only upon turning. I was trying to get used to it, but now I think Tesla should add rear view even on turning.
there are other minor issues, but these 3, especially #1 is my biggest issue so far. its good from safety point of view, but I need to drive over 80 at route 5.
Sponsored

buzz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 S, 2023 X, 2024 CT
Occupation
Tech Founder
Country flag
Hmmm #1 is really concerning. I usually drive around 82 and I haven't noticed any shivering but also haven't been paying super close attention either. I'm gonna pay more attention now.

#2 is similar to what I have. It's kinda crazy to lose about 10% over the past weekend just sitting there. I'm also on 2024.2.100 (still waiting for 2024.8.4)

#3 same...wish it had both cameras showing on turns. actually the rear camera feed is a bit useless. barely can see anyone even if they're right behind me. needs more zoom or something.

OP
OP

Cybaba

First Name
Coco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Country flag
Hmmm #1 is really concerning. I usually drive around 82 and I haven't noticed any shivering but also haven't been paying super close attention either. I'm gonna pay more attention now.

#2 is similar to what I have. It's kinda crazy to lose about 10% over the past weekend just sitting there. I'm also on 2024.2.100 (still waiting for 2024.8.4)

#3 same...wish it had both cameras showing on turns. actually the rear camera feed is a bit useless. barely can see anyone even if they're right behind me. needs more zoom or something.
its not too much shivering, but its definitely different from 0-76miles/hour and after 76. I thought about tires, but if its tire, shouldn't I feel from the start ?

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
The weird thing about experiencing shiver from the steering wheel is since there is no mechanical linkage, that shiver was programmed to happen.

OP
OP

Cybaba

First Name
Coco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Country flag
No you will not feel wheel alignment/balance from low speed. The way you describe it, it is the most likely cause of the vibration.
where is that vibration coming from?

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
Took delivery today; I drove sedately up to 80, no shiver. My son punched it to 105, steady as a rock.
However I think it’s weird there are no aural proximity warning to objects close to sides or rear. Spent 20 minutes looking for software switch to turn that on. Can’t find it, but can’t believe they didn’t include.

buzz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 S, 2023 X, 2024 CT
Occupation
Tech Founder
Country flag
The weird thing about experiencing shiver from the steering wheel is since there is no mechanical linkage, that shiver was programmed to happen.
Oh true. Forgot about steer by wire. I wonder why it’s shivering then…

buzz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 S, 2023 X, 2024 CT
Occupation
Tech Founder
Country flag
@Cybaba do you have speed limit set or anything? Or speed warning set?

MajorVictory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Took delivery today; I drove sedately up to 80, no shiver. My son punched it to 105, steady as a rock.
However I think it’s weird there are no aural proximity warning to objects close to sides or rear. Spent 20 minutes looking for software switch to turn that on. Can’t find it, but can’t believe they didn’t include.
They did not but you will quickly remap your brain and adapt with different que’s.

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
where is that vibration coming from?
Wheels should be balanced with a little lead weight on the inside. Its possible it wasn't done, or the weight fell off. If you spin anything that isnt perfectly balanced it will vibrate as it speeds up. Just like your washer machine does on the spin cycle. Its also how your phone vibrates, a small motor with an imbalanced weight.

Counter_Balance.png

MajorVictory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Excellent thread. Will add an 80 mph data point tomorrow.​

did it once yesterday for a few miles but only recall noticeable vibration from what I believed was the tire tread.

everyone also hear the motors upon acceleration? Not typical compared to my M3 but not necessarily objectionable.
Sponsored