Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
Hey I think I somehow end up behind you every time I’m late for an appointment ?.
LOL maybe.

Presently I tow with an F350 diesel. It will keep up with traffic while towing, and I still get 500 miles of range.

The 50mph self imposed speed limit is in hopes of at least 200 miles of range from the CT. My camper is 13 feet tall, so it pulls a lot of wind.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m just cringing a bit thinking about someone trying to get a Cybertruck with a 25 foot trailer into and out of the local Supercharger station which is in the parking lot behind a pub.

If people think finding a gas station with a pull through fill up is tough, they are in for an unpleasant surprise with EVs. Even the station which is “trailer friendly” around here is not going to be easy to get in/ out of with a big trailer.

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
  • We've beaten the T-slot thing to death around here but I'm hoping.
T slots are a huge pain to clean. It would be a disaster if you ever hauled gravel or sand in your truck.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
T slots are a huge pain to clean. It would be a disaster if you ever hauled gravel or sand in your truck.
Not my issue. But would they really be that hard to clean with a built-in air compressor? Sure, if the aggregate is the wrong dimensions then yea, it would suck, but between not doing aggregate and having a compressor I'd rather have the T-slots. Different strokes for different folks, I get that they could actually be bad to have for some people.

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
Could you have inserts or something that addressed that issue?
Yep, but that makes the T slots hard to use.

This is coming from a machinist background. All my machines have T slots. They're great to give flexibility for fixturing, but they're a pain to clean.

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
Not my issue. But would they really be that hard to clean with a built-in air compressor? Sure, if the aggregate is the wrong dimensions then yea, it would suck, but between not doing aggregate and having a compressor I'd rather have the T-slots. Different strokes for different folks, I get that they could actually be bad to have for some people.
I'm confident the CT will allow use of the air compressor, and that helps, but you still get a facefull of dirt, and what you blow out of one lands in the other T slot.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I first thought these were T-slots. Another photo I cannot find again showed those slots are filled and appear to allow ease in sliding material around.

no clean-out needed

Tesla Cybertruck My CT would have.... 739CA74D-291C-492A-A4CC-46C05D1F3C31

Tesla Cybertruck My CT would have.... 803633F6-0C3A-4807-80CC-EA8C7C5270E6

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I first thought these were T-slots. Another photo I cannot find again showed those slots are filled and appear to allow ease in sliding material around.

no clean-out needed
There are no slots on the floor. The T slots L Slots are just below the lights. The black bar with circles below the lights Is the T slots L Slots.

Tesla Cybertruck My CT would have.... 1627958086962

There was some supposition about the floor having T Slots also, but on the prototype, they are just oddly filled grooves.

You have to mound up loose material pretty high to fill up the slots. I’m sure it will happen, but likely not too often.

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I thought just below the lights were L-slots but what does my tired vision know.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I thought just below the lights were L-slots but what does my tired vision know.
Let me rephrase because I’m not a slotologist.

There are (Some-kind-of) Slots immediately below the lights.

There are no slots in the floor of the prototype. They are filled with something non-removable.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Let me rephrase because I’m not a slotologist.

There are (Some-kind-of) Slots immediately below the lights.

There are no slots in the floor of the prototype. They are filled with something non-removable.
I read with a U and thought that is what my wife likes about me.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I drive a service body f350 super duty diesel every day. I'm good with power and locks windows, everything else is a bonus.

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
The more I think about and learn about the CT the sharper my vision of my ideal CT comes into focus. I know we all have our opinions and needs so my CT may not be your best choice but that's part of the fun of sharing on this board... anyway if I built it it would have:

Side view mirrors with big convex mirrors built in.... like a tow mirror
Rear view mirror
6 pass seating with fold down armrest middle front
A round heated steering wheel
An awesome stereo with external speakers for tail gate parties
Ability to slave power to the house if needed
Multiple outlets in the vault and frunk to plug in
A sunroof that opens
Huge frunk
Door handles
And all of the amazing stuff that sets the CT apart.... stainless steel, vault, auto pilot, FSD, long range, and incredible style.
Sounds like you want a Ford
Sponsored