MyTeslaWeekend Rumor - Dual Motor only for the first 500k units produced!

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
“Soon” being roughly 3 years at the current burn rate.

They have plenty of cash. I suspect they are going to struggle to find new investors unless they can figure out profitability and scale with what they’ve got.
that’s another way to put it.
Sponsored

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I just can’t believe that Tesla would not at least ramp with the quad motor Version as they will be working out kinks in assembly and motor production should outpace truck production initially…so why not make a truck worth $20k more each initially…

And Brian is great I watch his show!
Let’s give them the fastest version possible while we’re still working out the kinks….
Brian from MyTeslaWeekend has some new juice... take it what you will.

Get through all the other stuff, but around 9:40 in, he starts talking about some leaks he's heard from his sources at Tesla.

1.) Semi will be using plaid or plaid-similar carbon wrapped motors and they are cranking them out currently at Fremont/Nevada. Just 3-4 trucks worth of motors per day at Nevada which isn't the main factory for those motors.

2.) Nevada is setting up two new power wall 3 lines for a total of 3 lines cranking out 33,000 power walls a day by end of year.

3.) Cybertruck will be Dual Motor only for approximately the first 500k units produced because they will have a shortage of carbon wrap needed for the quad motors as its all going to Semi and other model's plaid motors. And due to the amount of models sharing the same motors, they will be trying to get as many cybertrucks built as possible with the fewest motors until the bottleneck clears up.

cue the hot takes and heated arguments...
I like this rumor because I’m 20,437 in line. But I don’t trust this rumors after watching the video. Seems a bit odd that it was rumored from a technician supercharger guy. That said they, themselves took the cybertruck for a ride.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My Tesla Weekend responds to the doubters. Makes a lot of good points. I stand by my original comment which is I find it unlikely anyone knows what the first 500k of production looks like at this point. Aside from that, he makes a lot of good points (many of which are upthread here already).

Funny thing is he clearly reads these forums as he quoted this thread. Everyone wave to “My Tesla Weekend”.

PS: Only the first 4-5 minutes or so is actually addressing this. The rest is all boring nit picks about some pot shots people took about him and his channel and a wast of time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
My Tesla Weekend responds to the doubters. Makes a lot of good points. I stand by my original comment which is I find it unlikely anyone knows what the first 500k of production looks like at this point. Aside from that, he makes a lot of good points (many of which are upthread here already).

Funny thing is he clearly reads these forums as he quoted this thread. Everyone wave to “My Tesla Weekend”.

He's not wrong about the reading/comprehension of some on this thread.

It was always called a rumor.. even in the original post on this thread. But there is this really strange aspect of this website where lots of people on here seem to think what is said on here is fact, this forum is somehow official/connected to Tesla, and that all us randoms in the peanut gallery are speaking officially for Tesla. Its always really confused me that people can be so oblivious to this fact.

No. This site has zero connection to Tesla, zero capacity to speak on the record for Tesla, the reservation tracker has zero connection to reality and is predominantly similar content to the video under question, with the exception that most of this forum is just WAG without sources other than articles on certain EV news sites that seem to take bored guessing on this forum as fact.

The clickbait comments really confused me as well, cause there is some straight up trash clickbait on youtube clearly auto generated with robot voices and crappy random pictures auto scraped from google image searches. This guy is not that. But trolls gonna troll!

I think we all need some real and official news on the CT cause the whole community around the CT and its discussions has just become a human centipede in the void and extended silence everyone is suffering.

Last edited:

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would have no problem with that. I have two reservations. I’d take a dual, and trade it in (or sell it outright) when a better one comes out.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

It was always called a rumor.. even in the original post on this thread. But there is this really strange aspect of this website where lots of people on here seem to think what is said on here is fact, this forum is somehow official/connected to Tesla, and that all us randoms in the peanut gallery are speaking officially for Tesla. Its always really confused me that people can be so oblivious to this fact.
It’s not just this site. Or at least it doesn’t just originate from this site.

There piles of speculation has been accepted as truth by some people and it’s quite frustrating. You hear this speculation repeated on Reddit and Twitter as well.

Most of the well connected channels try to keep clear of the speculation, but channels like Electric Viking tend to buy into their own speculation as if it’s fact and IMO that clouds the water significantly.

WA-CyberDriver

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Dual Motor
Country flag
Until their capacity is in the millions, they just don't need to make cheap trucks for people like me. I understand that.

This is a demand problem - they have too much of it to feed.

Once they had 2x the reservations that Ford stopped at, it was clear it was going to be a problem.

But that doesn't mean it's canceled, it just means they have a crazy-long queue.

-Crissa
Glass half-full: At least you'll have your Aptera!

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
The latest video really makes a good argument for the dual motors first, and one that actually gets me excited to move down to a CT2 from the CT3 I put my $100 on....the tax credit. 70k CT2 + 7k FSD is under the 80k tax credit threshold.

And btw, Brian replies directly to some people's comments from the forum.

Keep it up Brian, been watching a long time and appreciate you sharing the info you gather, giving us all some possibilities to think about while we anxiously await our CT's.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag

No. This site has zero connection to Tesla, zero capacity to speak on the record for Tesla, the reservation tracker has zero connection to reality and is predominantly similar content to the video under question, with the exception that most of this forum is just WAG without sources other than articles on certain EV news sites that seem to take bored guessing on this forum as fact.

The clickbait comments really confused me as well, cause there is some straight up trash clickbait on youtube clearly auto generated with robot voices and crappy random pictures auto scraped from google image searches. This guy is not that. But trolls gonna troll!

I think we all need some real and official news on the CT cause the whole community around the CT and its discussions has just become a human centipede in the void and extended silence everyone is suffering.
He's clickbait trash. He posts the same video under multiple users. I hate these types. It's become near impossible to find a decent Tesla/Cybertruck video on Youtube because of the spam posters. Elon does everything from predicting the future to launching a phone, and the spam makes 90% of the content. It's annoying.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
70k CT2 + 7k FSD is under the 80k tax credit threshold.
The good news is, by the time the CT is released we’ll have any idea if this is true, and of how the new rules (e.g., around battery minerals/components) are otherwise applied to the CT.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
“Soon” being roughly 3 years at the current burn rate.

They have plenty of cash. I suspect they are going to struggle to find new investors unless they can figure out profitability and scale with what they’ve got.
Rivian is a proverbial three legged table(Delivery, Pickup, SUV) and it needs a forth. A high production fourth that pulls-in MainSt. instead of Amazon WallSt greed.
MainSt is what Rivian has in its DNA.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Rivian is a proverbial three legged table(Delivery, Pickup, SUV) and it needs a forth. A high production fourth that pulls-in MainSt. instead of Amazon WallSt greed.
MainSt is what Rivian has in its DNA.
A $90k pickup truck is not “Main Street”. Nor is the follow up $90k SUV.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
To what rules do you refer? Cite pls…
The new EV tax credit laws now break the $7,500 into two, equal, qualifying credits of $3,750 each.

One $3,750 tax credit is available if a vehicle’s battery meets a “critical materials” requirement and another $3,750 if it meets a “battery component” requirement.

The critical materials requirement provides that a specified percentage of the materials contained in the battery must be extracted or processed in a country with which the United States has a free trade agreement (or that they be recycled in North America). This requirement starts at 40% in 2023 and increases incrementally up to 80% after 2026.

The battery component requires that a specified portion of the components must be manufactured or assembled in North America. This requirement starts at 50% and increases to 100% after 2028.

(There is a separate, complete disqualification, for any vehicles in which the critical materials or components of a battery are sourced whatsoever from a “foreign entity of concern” - e.g., an entity owned or controlled by the government of China or Russia, Iran, and a few others.)

If you legitimately want citations, trace these portions of the new resulting amended 30D of the Code, to these subsections (a) and (e) within the amending bill and their internal references:
Tesla Cybertruck MyTeslaWeekend Rumor  - Dual Motor only for the first 500k units produced! 26AB2EF4-D797-4E48-B1AD-1A0460244848

How exactly the IRS will interpret and enforce these two new components is unknown, and will likely remain unknown until guidance is issued in or about 12/31/22.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
How exactly the IRS will interpret and enforce these two new components
MSO is one obvious, customary certificate to trigger these by VIN. Cuz’ IRS the recipient bears the burden of applying. Certifying the crediting ledger falls to the IRS.
Just imagine Birth Certificates will be a piece of cake compared to how the IRS is going to make such a system work in exchange for the credits.
Sponsored