carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
I don’t write here often but am a lifetime “car guy.” I am avid follower here as well as a reservation holder. We have 2-Y Performance models and love them. Had a reservation for Rivian’s R1S and when contacted to proceed, my wife dug in and said to cancel because she did not care for its appearance. Just like all of us here, I have been waiting for the CT to be our’s. Now I’m not trying to be a downer here, but I’m concerned she will be unhappy with the most recent photos showing the frunk area of the CT (see picture below).

Please offer any thoughts on persuasion should it be needed.

1691713575593.jpeg
brother let me tell you. my mom when she saw it at the unveiling in 2019 could not believe I put a deposit for it cause she thought it was hideous. I was 50/50 but love Tesla and wanted a big car.
she saw it maybe a year later when it was in the NY show room and fell in love. she said nothing strikes you more than when you see it in person. mind you she is not a car person at all. knows nothing about cars. I saw it last year during the giga Texas investor event and let me tell you it was the original prototype the one from unveiling and it is ridiculously nice in person. like jaw dropping. pictures do NOOOO justice. in person it was massive and the coolest car I've seen in person. in comparison It looked bigger than the hummer EV. trust me. this should be enough to persuade her but if she still is not on board wait till she sees it in person.

I was on the fence last year about just dropping the reservation and picking up a new 911 Carrera 4s but after seeing the truck in person it changed my mind
Sponsored

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Only thing I can think of as persuasion is that aftermarket bumpers will eventually be available. Not much can be done about the rest, compared to the OG truck front end proportions have gotten worse. It is what it is.