Need opinions about the front end appearance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3 M
Country flag
I don’t write here often but am a lifetime “car guy.” I am avid follower here as well as a reservation holder. We have 2-Y Performance models and love them. Had a reservation for Rivian’s R1S and when contacted to proceed, my wife dug in and said to cancel because she did not care for its appearance. Just like all of us here, I have been waiting for the CT to be our’s. Now I’m not trying to be a downer here, but I’m concerned she will be unhappy with the most recent photos showing the frunk area of the CT (see picture below).

Please offer any thoughts on persuasion should it be needed.

Tesla Cybertruck Need opinions about the front end appearance 1691713575593
Sponsored

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I think the Rivian is beautiful except for the lights, which are hideous. I would not buy it for the lights alone, they are that bad. I think the CT is super cool.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3 M
Country flag
The R1S’s lights were her reason to cancel too. The CT is simply stunning - hope she agrees.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
but I’m concerned she will be unhappy with the most recent photos showing the frunk area of the CT (see picture below).
I think you are meaning the external appearance of the hood/grill area?

not the internal, literal, Frunk?

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tell her to keep her Y if she doesn't like the CT looks and get the truck for yourself. Not like there are many other EV truck options available

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think the Cybertruck front looks fine and is consistent with the rest of it's body style and shape.

What I don't like about the Rivian front end, is the light and bar elements which (to me) don't appear consistent with the rest of the R1T or R1S body style at all, and they keep making me think Rivian put oval Dyson fans :) in the front. Either way, the front end and elements of the Rivians don't appear consistent but more 'out of place' to me, and thus not cohesively designed.

I happen to think the Cybertruck is both futuristic and rugged in appearance.

- ÆCIII

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
IMO I love the front and the side but think the butt has gotten too big.
FWIW, my wife is the one in our house who loves the CT (I like it, she loves it) and has it on order. I think if you like interesting, different modernist design you like it.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
The R1S’s lights were her reason to cancel too. The CT is simply stunning - hope she agrees.
Did she see Rivian in person? I felt the same way about Rivian‘s face until I saw it in person. Everything felt well built and refined including the headlights. I suggest wait until both of you can see CT in person. CT has different personalities pending which photo you look at. The nose seem to be made for better approach angle.

When I was looking at a sport car, and I asked my wife what she thinks about it, she said it is important you are happy with it. I bought the car and it has been eating dust for years because she does not get in it. Just make sure whatever you get, she is OK with if you plan to spend a lot of time together.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
IMO I love the front and the side but think the butt has gotten too big.
FWIW, my wife is the one in our house who loves the CT (I like it, she loves it) and has it on order. I think if you like interesting, different modernist design you like it.
You think the butt is too big but your wife likes it?
Be careful
Sponsored