Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
What I only noticed this morning is that the dashboard looks much more like the refreshed Model S/X dashboard, with the now-common HVAC ducts and of course the driver display. To me this is very good news.

What I still hope will come is side view monitors, perhaps where those forward windows are at present. One can hope.
Sponsored

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
It might very well be a sliding cover for the cup holders. After all, when the console becomes a seat back you don't want the passengers looking at disfunctional cup holders do you?
Yup I think it's a slider to close it up, keep it clean. Alot of currently designed console/seatbacks don't care what the back seat passengers are looking at.

Exhibit-A. My F150.

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck interior / dash photos - June 6, 2022 PXL_20220607_140014383.MP

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
This is definitely the same truck that was on the platform in Texas, the wall around unit. Not the one they drove on stage.

panel gaps are same. Same steering wheel. It’s that same truck…

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
How does anyone not feel entirely underwhelmed by these photos?
These photos are very encouraging. Development has progressed. Focus is on details. These interior shots are showing a pass compartment with familiarity, luxury touches added and no ball breakers, headknocker or toekicks.

It’s a thumbs-up. Was expecting futuristic steampunk pods bolted to a dash beam. Instead conventional padded cover over cluster pod integrated, NBD. Prefer tintop over glasstop behind sunvisors. Maybe glasstop is the new Option?

White stripe piping on black seats is a reachback to RangeRover touch, meh. Cybertruck don’t need no lipstick!
Coffee machine earns its keep! That saves $90/mo stopping for one, on the road and 7.5hrs. lost waiting every month. Now where to put a cold tap for “Death and Taxes” fresh from a mini-keg!

900v chill to 36°F right at the tap head? That’s a cool one - Cybercool

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What is this box doing here??? No room for legs for a middle passenger???

DFAD134F-0644-4DA1-A261-FCBF39710D09.jpeg

4AB24478-1944-4181-9FE9-C68D7F28CB49.jpeg
Box was my concern also. Presumably needed for HVAC routing to the rear of the truck. Might be smaller in final. Hopefully cleaner looking in final. I could deal with middle person getting crap leg room since we don’t do middle riders often. But that looks misplaced.

Hopefully @Crissa is right and it’s temporary, but I suspect there will be something there for the vents. Maybe just a bit smaller.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
New interior shots of this Cybertruck.

FUn6LIsWYAAx3m5.jpeg

FUn6MsZWIAEZQOE.jpeg

FUn6bTOX0AEYUEa.png

FUn6knLWYAMFrGz.png
I love the second instrument cluster and new dash in general, but there goes my sandwich preparation area.

The sharp corners on the pedals need to be rounded IMHO

I am not super opposed to carpet. Removable rubber mats are nice as long as they can be secured well. Carpet actually holds up pretty well and absorbs a little noise. Rubber can be slippery and might actually show light colored soil more. IDK.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I know its a prototype, but, lets dress it up and conceal those things..

Inside of prototype.jpg
The windshield camera doesn't have the cover on. That's why it's got tape holding things on. Again, probably just pulled off site quickly for the easy publicity and hype it creates on here. Not thinking or caring enough about presentability inside as they are actively working on things. The fact that so much is going on testing wise in the interior to me says they are getting closer to a production ready design.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
What's with the this thing?

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck interior / dash photos - June 6, 2022 1654617519683

It is huge. 25 watt solar trickle charger? It looks like a highly thought out piece, but missing a cover.
?????

ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
The doors have speakers in them now. And it looks like a rough placement of either a tweeter or a passenger air bag in the pillar. It also looks like there is either embedded light up icons in the side view mirror, or some strange stickers applied to the bottom edge of the side view mirror. You can see they are further along in their design completion from the addition of drivers dash display and all these other smaller details.
You also missed a handle. See the pillar above the passenger seat.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What's with the this thing?

1654617519683.png

It is huge. 25 watt solar trickle charger? It looks like a highly thought out piece, but missing a cover.
?????
The forward facing cameras. They need a bigger area because of the flatter windshield. Not sure what the lump with gaffers tape is for. Likely temporary.

Alternatively. Big wiper needs big computer to control it.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
You also missed a handle. See the pillar above the passenger seat.
Don't think that is a handle. It was suggested by someone else above that Is a rail system for the visors to be lowered from the ceiling joint so that it's useful. As it stands the visors are so high up they would need to be huge visor panels in order to be useful when flipped down. I agree with this suggestion that it's a rail system hidden by a rubber cover with a slit for the visor arm to travel through so you can raise and lower the visor height horizontally.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Um whats up with the lining in the top of the ceiling above the sun visors? Will the rear glass roof window have a liner now because its solar and no longer see through?

Those A pillars will be optimised for driving position viewing angles, so looking from through the door will be worse.
I just looked at the pic with the sun visors and rear glass covering. I was/am hoping for sun visors more like the Model X that live normally on the side and can rotate into position and extend. These are huge and permanent so they are clunky. I have no idea what that material above them is.

Does anyone have a guess about those 2 red buttons. They look like emergency stop buttons on my shop tools :)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
First of all.. the first image Is a rendering. Renderings are just that, not finalized designs. You can see many design alterations from the first to second image. Because a rendering is just to get the gist of a design prior to full designing.

But if you look closely, the real one has the same space and if you compare the two, it looks like what we see in the real one Is a cover that slides over the cup holders when not in use.

Who wants to bet that slanted space at the front of the arm rest is a qi charger for your phones?!
That (first) image may have been a rendering but we all saw the real prototype people were given rides in on the unveiling night and that is exactly what it looked like then. I am thinking like others that there might just be a cover over the cup holders. There is no way they would get away without lots of cup holders and Tesla has a thing about minimizing this feature (which I do not care for myself - being left handed I like a cup holder in front of me and to the left of the steering wheel)

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
That (first) image may have been a rendering but we all saw the real prototype people were given rides in on the unveiling night and that is exactly what it looked like then. I am thinking like others that there might just be a cover over the cup holders. There is no way they would get away without lots of cup holders and Tesla has a thing about minimizing this feature (which I do not care for myself - being left handed I like a cup holder in front of me and to the left of the steering wheel)
Yes and I did suggest the same exact in that post. It's a slide over cover hiding the cup holders.
Sponsored