Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
This forum is weird. The Cybertruck is a model S/X tier vehicle. There was no reality where they would price it like a model 3/Y. Not to mention the direct competitor, Rivian, priced their truck relatively close to this. I paid 62k for my MYP in 2020. 79k before the rebate seems pretty good for a much larger, more advanced, vehicle.

Y'all wild
They literally priced it for the common man. Its not insane for people to be like wtf with the pricing! Its like they literally didn't do basic math when they made the initial announcement. There is a drastic difference in this situation of being baited with pricing for the common man and then switched to pricing for luxury item. Especially given all the statements about it being meant to be a utilitarian vehicle for blue collar buyers.
Sponsored

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Fn Shite I just realized they have 7500 ev tax credit on the 320 awd variant - if you want the extender its gonna push beyond 80,000 so its a HUGE margin of price difference.

So if you wanted 500ish miles of range you're going to have to poney up the dough or stick with 320 DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
This forum is weird. The Cybertruck is a model S/X tier vehicle. There was no reality where they would price it like a model 3/Y. Not to mention the direct competitor, Rivian, priced their truck relatively close to this. I paid 62k for my MYP in 2020. 79k before the rebate seems pretty good for a much larger, more advanced, vehicle.

Y'all wild
yea, except the fact that it was priced in line with model Y when announced. Makes a pretty good case for expecting that

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
I'm still in. But was hoping the CyberBeast aka tri motor would be 80k. I don't qualify for the Federal credits, so 80k vs 100k for me. Honestly, if this was last year before all the price drops, I wouldn't mind paying 100k. But now, it's different.

So, either AWD or Cyberbeast. Not sure yet, but still in. And just in case, I put in a new "Order" for the Cyberbeast. Still have my November 2019 reservation of course.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Fn Shite I just realized they have 7500 ev tax credit on the 320 awd variant - if you want the extender its gonna push beyond 80,000 so its a HUGE margin of price difference.

So if you wanted 500ish miles of range you're going to have to poney up the dough or stick with 320 DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT
can probably get it after. sounds like an addon and not more batteries in the pack

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
This is still better pricing and value than any other electric truck. $72,500 ain't bad for an incredible truck with locking diffs, 17" of clearance, locking vault, 340miles of range, and no dealer markup. I'll be following through with my purchase.

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Got a spot at around 3500 that I will be selling if anyone is interested.
I would wait to see what prices are offered to you first, I think there's a very good chance the pricing will be lower for early reservations

vrpatel

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Model Y Performance
Country flag
They literally priced it for the common man. Its not insane for people to be like wtf with the pricing! Its like they literally didn't do basic math when they made the initial announcement. There is a drastic difference in this situation of being baited with pricing for the common man and then switched to pricing for luxury item.
If you ever thought that the Cybertruck was going to be made for the common man, I'm not sure what to tell ya.

But to put it in perspective, a toyota tundra TRD Pro STARTS at 72k.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
guessing awd and beast are both going out at the same time with reduced range while reservation holders who want extended range are going to have to hold out for 4680 cell models - guessing the early cybertruckers are going to be with 2170s
Nope, all will be 4680

vrpatel

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Model Y Performance
Country flag
yea, except the fact that it was priced in line with model Y when announced. Makes a pretty good case for expecting that
Sure, but like, if we use our noggins, anyone would've said that's a load of BS. The cybertruck is leaps and bounds better than the model Y. I understand the misleading pricing in 2019, but lets use our brains and not blindly trust them.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
spare tire location
1701378350507.png
Man that is janky AF lol. That is the one thing I don't like, why even bother offering it as an accessory? I can buy a wheel, tire, cover, and ratchet strap on my own. I guess it wouldn't be the official cyber tire cover and cyber ratchet strap though.