VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Hey at least you guys in Quebec get an 8 k grant, we get nothing in Ontario.

They don't even have the prices on the Tesla Canada website so who knows what the price will be or when they will offer us a truck. I find they charge a couple of points higher than the exchange rate so I figure it will be 126 k CAD for the duel.
The USD price is identical to the Model X, so I would assume it would cost the same as the X in Canada. Which the Dual motor would go for $109k and Cyberbeast at 130k

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Multiple
Occupation
Sales and Marketing - Vacation Rentals
Country flag
wait for 2024/25, silverado is supposed to have 450 mile range and by that time it will be on the supercharger network
And the Fisker Alaska is what I'm also interested, if Tesla doesn't get into the world of pricing reality.

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Multiple
Occupation
Sales and Marketing - Vacation Rentals
Country flag
What would you go get? The Rivian is slightly more expensive, the Lightning is slightly less expensive. The Hummer EV is way more expensive and isn't really even a truck. For a full EV truck, this is the going price tag.
I'm following and interested in the Fisker Alaska.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Yeah even though we have been waiting 4 long years, in another two or three we might actually have an affordable CT with a descent range. Even though we will be envious of the early beast buyers, those who can hold out a couple more years will probably have a better deal and a better vehicle.
That’s true. Tesla has managed to do that with all of the other vehicles. I would hope that the CT would be no different. Increase volume, improve manufacturing, reduce costs, and pass some of the savings off to the customer.

Then again if you’re always waiting for the next best thing you’ll never get anything. I’m a strong believer in buying the second or third generation of something. Then they have all of the bugs worked out and the price is usually more affordable. Not as fun, but definitely more practical.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
well, your calculations above show that you’re not mentally mapping the dimensions correctly in general.

the CT bed is 6’ only at the bed floor - the bulkhead is 6+ inches closer ei the tailgate

You may or may not turn out correct, but your napkin calcs aren’t super persuasive that the napkin isn’t a little soggy

look at the spare tire pic vs extender pic
thats’s a 35” tire that is pushed back ~5” inches from the 6’ mark (by the bulkhead)

If so. that means that tire nearest the tailgate is only ~33” from the tailgate

now look at the picture of the extender compared to the tire

that does not look like 8-10” difference to me, but

Last edited:

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
The USD price is identical to the Model X, so I would assume it would cost the same as the X in Canada. Which the Dual motor would go for $109k and Cyberbeast at 130k
plus 13% HST

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
from $49,900 to $79,900... this is the biggest fail!

Model$ Nov 2019$ Nov 2023
Model Y (AWD Long Range)
$~52,000
$48,900
CyberTruck (AWD)
$49,900 (advertised)
$79,900 (actual)

I'm guessing this is the markup price (low volume, high demand) because there are people that will pay it. Maybe in 4 years, the price may come down lol.

Elon was right, anyone can make an expensive truck, and it's hard to make an affordable truck. #sadTrombone
with the dropping prices of the x, s, 3 and y, I was hoping that Elon would try to keep the prices at least within 10-20% of the original prices but 40-50% increases is really a hit to his loyal fans

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
The price will need to come down 20% to ever support 250K production.
at least, I would bet that after the initial demand that demand will be less than 100 k at these prices. Ask Rivian.

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3...And one day my Cyber Truck!!!!!!!
Occupation
SVP
Country flag
1701377340890-png.png

2024 Cybertruck prices and range.jpg

1701378270328.png

REAR-WHEEL DRIVE:
  • EST. $60,990
  • AVAILABLE IN 2025
  • 250 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  • 6.5 SEC. 0-60 MPH

ALL-WHEEL DRIVE:
  • EST. $79,990
  • DELIVERY IN 2024
  • 340 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  • UP TO 470+ MI. RANGE w/ Optional Range Extender
  • 4.1 SEC. 0-60 MPH
  • 112 MPH TOP SPEED
  • 600 HORSEPOWER
  • 7,435 LB-FT TORQUE
  • 11,000 LBS. TOWING CAPACITY

CYBERBEAST:
  • EST. $99,990
  • DELIVERY IN 2024
  • 320 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  • UP TO 440+ MI. RANGE w/ Optional Range Extender
  • 2.6 SEC. 0-60 MPH+
  • 130 MPH TOP SPEED
  • 845 HORSEPOWER
  • 10,296 LB-FT TORQUE
  • 11,000 LBS. TOWING CAPACITY

GENERAL SPECS:
  • Towing capacity: Up to 11,000 lbs
  • Payload: Up to 2,500 lbs
  • Bed length: 6 ft
  • Bed width: 4 ft
  • Suspension: Adaptive air suspension
  • Charging: NACS connector
  • Ride height: 17 in
Base model is rear wheel drive? Better not get that one if you live in an area that gets snow and ice! Speaking of ice, there are NO DOOR handles with doors opening via a button/sensor thing. Telsa claims the door will still be able to open if there's up to 1" of ice on the door. .. we'll see about that.

And speaking of no handles, that stainless steel body is going to be finger print city all day long.

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3...And one day my Cyber Truck!!!!!!!
Occupation
SVP
Country flag
I hope we (the ones who paid $100) and have had an order # for 4 years, don't need to get into this new queue for $250... right? They'll just let us choose one of these new options and keep our spot in line?
I don't believe so. I got some BS marketing email from them yesterday basically saying while waiting for your CT, check out our other cars..."

I do think if you reserved your truck 4 year ago, you should pay the advertised pricing at that time.
Sponsored