Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The rails are a fairly neat feature for a princess truck.

Did I mention the 5' tall battery pack?
It is a princess truck.

Also now that you mention it, it does lack the thickness Ford and GM with their shipping trucks have. One more thing which won’t make it to production.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I'm glad we are mostly all in agreement this was the worst reveal ever for an EV. No price, no range, stupid suicide doors, no post reveal reservation option and he called it a concept.

And I was pulling for them dammit!! It was an epic fail on almost every notable front when it comes to measuring the success of a "reveal".

This is not the reveal you're looking for.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm glad we are mostly all in agreement this was the worst reveal ever for an EV. No price, no range, stupid suicide doors, no post reveal reservation option and he called it a concept.

And I was pulling for them dammit!! It was an epic fail on almost every notable front when it comes to measuring the success of a "reveal".

This is not the reveal you're looking for.
I was just hoping for an idea of what the final truck would look like, a release date, a price, and some basic specs.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
My favorite line is, "Entire Ram lineup will offer electrified solutions with disruptive, leading-edge advanced technology in the years to come."
So funny! Was their first draft “accommodating, trailing-edge advanced technology “? Redundant and over the top.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I should have worded that better. While Stellantis is definitely way slow to the game, once they made the commitment it seems like they are really going for it. Which I can appreciate.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Huh?...In 2019, Tesla gave us prices, ranges, no suicide doors, (all I suppose are arguably subject to change) and they opened up reservations. RAM did non of this.

What are you talking about? Are you saying Tesla's reveal was worse than Ram's because we had that info and we're still waiting?

We knew were going to be waiting until at least the end of 2022 for the Dual and Tri-motors at the reveal, and when Elon came out and changed the Tri-motor to arrive first (vs the single) just a couple days or weeks after the reveal we knew we'd be waiting that long for all of them. Point is, at the CT reveal we learned a lot. At the Ram reveal we learned almost nothing.

I'm still pulling for the Ram. I still hope they are building a 500-mile variant since they said they were and have not come out said otherwise yet. Here's to waiting till April to learn what they are actually doing. Maybe we should just forget about this reveal and call the April event the actual reveal.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Also now that you mention it, it does lack the thickness Ford and GM with their shipping trucks have. One more thing which won’t make it to production.
Tesla 4680 has a ~5" thick battery pack.

So they're aiming to be only a couple years behind Tesla.

-Crissa

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Saloon doors are hot garbage.
I had zero issues with the ones on my '99 Ram. For 20 years. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the drivetrain (including the undersized brakes).

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
It's funny how they drove the car up and parked they and then show all kind of capabilities that were CGI or animations. and took a swipe at Tesla about towing capabilities. All talk and no show. They will go BK if they are making this truck because with all the features mentioned, the truck will be weak or cost so high only a few people would buy it. I would love to see Dodge build this truck, not going to buy it but just to see it in the real world.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla 4680 has a ~5" thick battery pack.

So they're aiming to be only a couple years behind Tesla.
They are aiming to only be a couple years behind Tesla when they are starting 10+ years after.

If they are smart, they will ignore GM and Ford and just swipe everything they possibly can from Tesla. Structural battery pack w/ 4680s and build from there. I think they will still be unable to hit that 5” deck and get a decent range for at least 2-3 generations, but at least they’d be starting from a good base.
Sponsored