Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Repeating my earlier comments about Ford to get the point across.

Ford makes the shittiest cars and trucks on the planet.
They have more lemon law claims than the next 2-3 brands combined.

I used to work for Ford credit and MANY family members have bought MANY Fords, and they are just too problematic and the dealers don't give you a loaner, because everyone else that bought a fucking Ford has theirs in the shop also.

After more than a decade away from Ford, I forgot my lessons and bought a brand new 2015 Mustang Ecoboost premium with performance package, it was loaded.

I didn't get to enjoy it though, because in 1 year and 8K miles it spent about 2 months in the shop.

Yep, you guessed it... I lemon f'lawed it.

Oh, and a friend here in Austin told me I was a retard for pre-ordering a Cybertruck, he bought an F150 power boost, and I had to refer him to the lemon law attorney that helped me with my mustang.

Fuck ford.
Fuck ford hard.

Deleted member 5322

I used to work for Ford credit and MANY family members have bought MANY Fords, and they are just too problematic and the dealers don't give you a loaner, because everyone else that bought a fucking Ford has theirs in the shop also.

After more than a decade away from Ford, I forgot my lessons and bought a brand new 2015 Mustang Ecoboost premium with performance package, it was loaded.

I didn't get to enjoy it though, because in 1 year and 8K miles it spent about 2 months in the shop.

Oh, and a friend here in Austin told me I was a retard for pre-ordering a Cybertruck, he bought an F150 power boost, and I had to refer him to the lemon law attorney that helped me with my mustang.

Fuck ford.
Fuck ford hard.
Looks like you have never driven Opel, Renault, VAZ, and so on.... Ford is still nice car. You just got wrongs all the time :)

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag

Fuck ford.
Fuck ford hard.
And yet we've driven 2 Ford Explorers, 2 Ford Rangers, an F250 and an F150 and no lemon problems. Routine ICE maintenance on a less then suggested schedule.

We don't sell or trade in until they were over 150k miles. My 250 was closer to 250k.

Ford as a whole is equal in quality to the rest of it's competition in my opinion. We usually bought them because they were more affordable.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
And yet we've driven 2 Ford Explorers, 2 Ford Rangers, an F250 and an F150 and no lemon problems. Routine ICE maintenance on a less then suggested schedule.

We don't sell or trade in until they were over 150k miles. My 250 was closer to 250k.

Ford as a whole is equal in quality to the rest of it's competition in my opinion. We usually bought them because they were more affordable.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as incorrect as it may be.
The lemon law group even told me that Ford keeps their lights on.

6 is one thing, but between myself having worked for ford and having my dealer's license, and having family members buy from me on the Ford A-plan, we have had 4x that amount and even the F250 6.7L power stroke was dog shit. My Expedition and F150 both had cam phaser issues and other problems.

My dad lemon-lawed his Expedition, and my mom got rid of her explore to not deal with it anymore.

I have 5 friends with Shelby Gt350s and they have gone through 5 engines between then. One of them has had 2, and my friend that barely drives his is already seeing oil consumption problems at 9K miles.

Ford sucks.

You will NOT convince me otherwise. I used to work for them and have been in and around the auto industry all my life.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I was JUST watching a video yesterday about that.

Cybertruck is not official on anything, but I think we will see MAYBE 400 miles

With supercharging speed being touted, and confirmed..... I'd say lower range vehicles make sense honestly.

You gotta poop and stretch the legs every 3 or 4 hours anyway. You're looking at 200 miles or so of driving. So, then you pull over and charge up, cheaply and pretty quickly.

Maybe it'll get 500,eventually.. But. Not out the gate.

STOKED to see what RAM puts out. Just cause. I won't buy it, but just cause.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I was JUST watching a video yesterday about that.

Cybertruck is not official on anything, but I think we will see MAYBE 400 miles

With supercharging speed being touted, and confirmed..... I'd say lower range vehicles make sense honestly.

You gotta poop and stretch the legs every 3 or 4 hours anyway. You're looking at 200 miles or so of driving. So, then you pull over and charge up, cheaply and pretty quickly.

Maybe it'll get 500,eventually.. But. Not out the gate.

STOKED to see what RAM puts out. Just cause. I won't buy it, but just cause.
I think the chances Tesla delivers 500 miles range are higher than the chances GM or Ram hit 400 miles range.

As a rule, Teslas are more than 20% more efficient than GM EVs in terms of efficiency.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
None of their descriptions make sense, tho. The energy output to extend range vs the mass of having that extra motor is... messy.

-Crissa
The goal of their range extender edition is to extend the amount of time people are willing to wait until they buy an electric truck.

They can simultaneously play up everyone’s EV fears and give them a reason to wait for their product. It’s sort of PsyOp advertising. It’s their way of saying “EVs aren’t ready yet, but when we get there we’ll have a way out.”

Seriously doubt they ever deliver on it for all the reasons you suggest.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We set a benchmark back in 2019, and the competition still can't reach it.

I think once the 'updated' CT is fully unveiled next year, legacy will feel depression in more ways than one.

Sounds mean, but I only speak the truth.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
When I say quality does Tesla pop into your mind 😃
Actually, Tesla does mean high-quality to me. We have two Tesla going on 5 years each and they are the two best cars we've ever had. 100% reliable, no cosmetic issues, high quality wheels, tires, brakes climate control system, steering, rigid chassis that doesn't flex when cornered hard, beautiful paint, seats still look and feel new, high quality plastics used inside the cabin, superior stereo, excellent headlights that always seem to be properly aimed, the best software useability in the industry, a bright colorful touchscreen that's easy to see in all conditions, etc, etc, etc.

I won't say that some don't have minor flaws, but all car brands do and the overall quality of components and the engineering and design is on the level of BMW, Volvo and Audi, but more reliable. The main difference between cars like Volvo, BMW and Audi is that the Tesla is a bit more spartan inside. But that doesn't speak to quality, it speaks to the level of luxury and more complex assembly. Tesla designs their cars to not require excessive labor installing more complex trims and details.

The disconnect here is that many have fallen for a campaign of trying to ruin Tesla's reputation that has been executed by mainstream media, TSLA short-sellers and a lot of unknown actors, probably oil companies and legacy auto. These threatened businesses and individuals have worked tirelessly to create the impression that Tesla are junky, low-quality cars and while they may have had some minor panel gap inconsistencies and minor paint defects in early production, the underlying quality of materials and components is very high relative to all cars produced by the auto industry. Our Ford F-150 is of noticeably much lower quality almost everywhere, including the glass, the OEM tires and the brakes. The one area the Ford matches the Tesla is the paint. It's incredibly consistent and smooth. The Tesla has a little light orange peel but it has more depth, at least the Pearl White multi-coat that both of our Tesla have. The quality of the seating in the Tesla is in another league compared to the Ford (which is an XLT trim).

I have no problem with people pointing out actual production defects on a minority of Tesla (mostly very minor cosmetic defects), but people need to understand there is a huge gap between the popular perception that Tesla are shoddily built and the reality that they are well-built using high quality components and materials and are very reliable overall.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I recently went to an EV event and saw a Rivian and a Ford Lighting.
Both are decent looking trucks. I didn't get to ride in either one so I can't speak about ride or performance.
The Lighting might, and this is a BIG might, keep Ford from ending up on the ash heap of bankrupt car companies if they can scale it up and actually make money on it before the company goes tits up.
As for RAM I had to buy a 2022 Diesel 3500 last year to replace the 2014 that had become a money pit. It will be the last ICE vehicle I ever buy.
If RAM would concentrate on a one ton work truck that had good towing range and enough battery storage to run power tools all day and still get you to a charger they may also avoid bankruptcy.
I would buy one in a second and use my CT as a daily driver and the RAM for heavy hauling.
It would be a niche vehicle and would appeal to farmers, tradesmen and Hot Shot operators if the charging infrastructure is there.
I see a scaled down version of the Tesla semi filling the need.
Just MHO as a former Commercial Driver and a farm owner.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The big question mark for RAM.

GM has been producing EVs for 5+ years and they are still 3+ years from making profitable EVs.

Ford has been producing EVs for for 3+ years and they are still years from EV profitability.

Rivian has been producing EVs for 1 years and they are still years from EV profitability.

VW has been producing EVs for 5+ years and they are still years from EV profitability.

Tesla produced EVs for more than 10 years before they were able to turn a profit for the company as a whole. They had almost no competition and some government incentives to help them in their early years.

RAM has Stellantis which has been dragging their feet on EVs for most of the last decade. They won’t even start manufacturing EVs for ~2 years and they are releasing an electric truck into what will soon be a very competitive market.

RAM is going to be 5-15 years behind the competition and will be coming into this game against some very tough innovative players.
Sponsored