Sandman1962

First Name
Sel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
My Beast is doing great and I enjoy it thoroughly. I am trying to get a sense of what is “normal” panel fitment from other CT owners. I have an appointment for alignment and I want a better sense of what I should expect when they are done.

here are some photos of the areas of concern. I’ll post the “after” photos for comparison when the service is done.
IMG_4439.jpeg
IMG_4441.jpeg
IMG_4442.jpeg
IMG_4444.jpeg
IMG_4445.jpeg
IMG_4446.jpeg
IMG_4447.jpeg
IMG_4448.jpeg
IMG_4449.jpeg
IMG_4440.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
Picking my Beast up soon, following to see other insight for "acceptable gaps."

adparks

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor AWD
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I am interested how this turns out. Most of these should be able to be adjusted and improved.

OP
OP

Sandman1962

First Name
Sel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
I am interested how this turns out. Most of these should be able to be adjusted and improved.
I agree that it should be fixable. I had alignment issues on my Model S in 2016 which were fixed and still prefect.

TeX19

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model X
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My Beast is doing great and I enjoy it thoroughly. I am trying to get a sense of what is “normal” panel fitment from other CT owners. I have an appointment for alignment and I want a better sense of what I should expect when they are done.

here are some photos of the areas of concern. I’ll post the “after” photos for comparison when the service is done.
IMG_4439.jpeg
IMG_4441.jpeg
IMG_4442.jpeg
IMG_4444.jpeg
IMG_4445.jpeg
IMG_4446.jpeg
IMG_4447.jpeg
IMG_4448.jpeg
IMG_4449.jpeg
IMG_4440.jpeg
That's a disgrace. How does it even leave the factory in that condition? I guess it meets Tesla spec.

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Driver door can be definitely fixed at service. Mkbhd did a review on a truck that had same issue and musk commented on it. Door mechanism needs tightening. As for the other gaps, likely nothing.

TeX19

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model X
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As bad as it looks, I guess it satisfies Teslas' spec. It looks like it was built the morning after a long weekend or the last truck before a long weekend.
I'm wondering if I should have just held my place in line until sometime next year when my number comes up instead of accepting an invitation to buy a FS, awaiting VIN now..

Puhiniho

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
I have the same issues, the front A pillar "apparently" can't be adjusted by Telsa, at least that is what service told me. But I recall (but can't find it) that someone adjusted those with a bolt adjustment, who knows. The frunk has round bumpers that have height adjustments (2 each side). You push rotate and pull and rotate back (or something like that). It can align the hood to the sides but it also puts extra pressure on the frunk. Tesla service made adjustments but it's still not right.

I have another service appt for a bumper replacement, I'll have service have another go at adjustments and we'll see. I'm tracking this page as well to see what others have come up with. Good luck!

OP
OP

Sandman1962

First Name
Sel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
Service addressed my issues. Interestingly, they are awaiting a jig for door alignment (needed for the very heavy doors) and secondly, there was uncertainty to whether the tailgate is meant to be exactly flush with the rear sides. I looked at the CTs ready for delivery and my issues were evident on all of them to some degree.
IMG_4491.jpeg
IMG_4490.jpeg
IMG_4493.jpeg
IMG_4495.jpeg
IMG_4494.jpeg

When I eventually get the doors done, I’ll revisit a couple other issues if it’s weighing on my mind. But for now I’m really enjoying the CT

OP
OP

Sandman1962

First Name
Sel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
If (and undoubtably will happen) a repository of panel adjustment instructions can be developed, we could save a ton of angst for owners and time for the service centers. I’d love to learn more about the truck assembly too.

Last edited:

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
The tailgate and tonneau side panels are like that on mine. I complained at delivery, but they all looked like that so... I went through a bunch of mud and forgot about it. My frunk corners aren't that bad but still stick out more than I would like. Your door gap is terrible compared to mine, glad they are fixing that. The skinny strip alignment I would complain to have fixed too... mine's not that bad so they wouldn't do anything, but it still grabs my wash mitt and I'm tempted to grind it flush. Kind of sucks they deliver trucks this way, but thankfully DRIVING it completely makes me forget... and when the gawkers ask "is that thing homemade" I just say "yep... can't you tell?"
Sponsored