Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When we picked up our daughters y 6 months ago we were allowed to check out the car inside and out before signing off and giving them the check.

CyberNickOH

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Bronco SAS Badlands
Country flag
It is a whole new world. Tesla breaks the mold of traditional car buying, that is for sure.
In fairness to non-Tesla dealers, when I bought my Bronco this fall, it was a fully online process where I fully paid before seeing it. The dealer was 90 mins away and a hot item, so I bought sight unseen. Not 100k, but 75k. Tesla broke the mold, but others are making it easier.

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
Congrats on your CT. We are all looking forward to becoming famous and popular, just like you! As kids, we waited, anticipated, peeked under the wrapping, and did everything possible to see what we were getting for Christmas. Those Christmases are wonderful memories. Now, Tesla has created a “Christmas like” experience for many again. Who knew Santa was really Elon???

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
If ignoring the factual representations widely available is “sight unseen “ then my personal purchases of a Toyota FJ cruiser and Model 3 fall into that category. Your language is more suited for an internet troll’s lair than a public forum as is the critical and argumentative tone. What’s gained by this sociopathy?
TLDR: "Other people have gotten good examples, so you should not want to look at yours before paying. By taking the stance of trust, but verify, you are a troll."

Amazing

OP
OP
Axwbw

Axwbw

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Listen everyone, this thread is about my truck and about questions I can answer. I chose what I çhose. Please stop using this as a forum to debate what I should have done or what you would or wouldn't do or what everyone else should do. There are other threads for that.

MisterL

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Configured
Country flag
Headed to Plano, TX this afternoon to pick up my CT. I joined this forum looking for any information I could, trying to figure out when I might see my 4+ year wait come to an end. That day is today for me, and I hope it will will rapidly come for everyone else here. If you want to know something specific that no else has answered for you yet, I am happy to help.

UPDATES!

The truck is amazing.
I have been in more photos and videos today than the rest of my life combined.
Five members of my family have already driven the truck. Super fun day!

Pickup process was good. Tesla rep knew a lot and spent as much time as we needed, scheduled follow up services (missing items), called us a few hours after pickup and gave us her number to text anytime.
One other person picked up their CT today, the Plano service center does not have any others or know when the next one is coming, so just two for now.

Regarding wraps and such, I bought a truck, I intend to use it as a truck. one of the best features to me is the HFS outer shell that I can abuse, so no plans to wrap or customize the outside.
I have not weighed the tire\rim yet and have not tried sentry mode as my SSD is not here yet. I will post those updates later.

The sound system. The sound system.

img_20240120_100144-jpg.jpg

img_20240119_163039653_hdr-jpg.jpg
What's the deal with the headlights, are they bright enough? When you select the high beams do they dim after a couple seconds automatically?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Axwbw

Axwbw

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
What's the deal with the headlights, are they bright enough? When you select the high beams do they dim after a couple seconds automatically?
I think the lights are great at night going forward. I have mine on auto high beam, so they do dim down pretty quickly when another car is in sight. But I have had no problems seeing where I am going or what traffic is doing at night, both in the city and on the highway.

Backing up is a whole other story. The tail lights don't light up much in your side mirrors and the rear camera doesn't help much. You need a bright moon or street lights or driveway lights to work with.

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I think the lights are great at night going forward. I have mine on auto high beam, so they do dim down pretty quickly when another car is in sight. But I have had no problems seeing where I am going or what traffic is doing at night, both in the city and on the highway.

Backing up is a whole other story. The tail lights don't light up much in your side mirrors and the rear camera doesn't help much. You need a bright moon or street lights or driveway lights to work with.
Next time you're backing up at night, would you take a picture of center screen so we can see what you mean by "not a lot of light"?

Really appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions!

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Thank you!!

Not as bad as I feared, but definitely room for improvement! Almost certain that there will be aftermarket upgrades, especially in terms of lighting (as is the case with most trucks/Jeeps, etc.).
Sponsored