POLL: Would you pick up your CT delivery at GigaAustin if given an option in the future?

Would you pick up your CT delivery at GigaAustin if given an option in the future?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The Destination Fee ($2K) of your FS CT would cover large portion of your travel expenses if Tesla would waive that fee.
It doesn't seem reasonable, but maybe factories are "required" (by whom?) to collect destination delivery fees, even if they had to drive it 20 feet.
I believe that is the case, they can't waive the fee.
Sponsored

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It doesn't seem reasonable, but maybe factories are "required" (by whom?) to collect destination delivery fees, even if they had to drive it 20 feet. I think a lot of people would avoid the $2k fee if they could drive away directly from the factory.
When I was looking at buying a used Model S from Tesla a few years ago the destination fee varied. Amounts were $0, $500, $1000, $1500, $2000 depending on the distance the Tesla "showroom" was from me. Seems it's different for new vehicles.

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Would you pick up your CT delivery at GigaAustin if given an option in the future?
If I remember right, no tours have been done on a regular basis and you have to fork out destination and transport charges regardless of where it is picked up. Any current Tesla owners who have taken delivery want to counter on this one?

TechOps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, ex-Model S
Country flag
It's a 15 minute drive for me, and the closest delivery center is 25 minutes, so sure why not :)

Armyintel96b

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 performance
Country flag
It's sort of strange for Texas res holders. Texas also blocks direct to consumer Auto purchases. Not sure how Tesla is going to get around that law here. Seems like it would be illegal for a Texas Res holder to pickup from Austin giga factory. There were even articles at the beginning that suggested Texans would have to pickup their CT's up in OK or La. Obviously that isn't happening but not sure what's happening legally in the background. Anyone else know?

Cybrtr808

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, BMW 318is
Country flag
Most definitely and drive it back to Calif to put it on a boat to Honolulu

Wish tours of factory were available!!!!

Tesla are you reading these posts ?

OP
OP
awhehackeur

awhehackeur

First Name
Whehack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES
Occupation
AS Engineer
Country flag
It’s kinda inefficient to see that the truck driver can only stack 6 CTs on the outbound trailer at a time, probably due to weight. Tesla better figures out a way to speed it up. Otherwise, we all latecomers would endure a longer wait time and perhaps forever. Sigh!?
Sponsored