Would you still buy the Cybertruck if it goes up in price by $10K?

Assumption: Cybertruck isn't the 3/Y price it had at reveal. The P model is $79K, the S is $59K

• Total voters

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We've had this argument a dozen times. Raising the price by $10K is only 14% for the Tri Motor, but it's 20% for the Dual. 3/Y prices are back to what they were when the Cybertruck was released.

Performance would be the 500 mile range version, Standard would be the 300 mile one.

So... Let's put our votes where our mouths are. That's the real test. And remember, that we're clearly more interested in this than more than 90% of reservation holders.

And for the record, I think this is dumb. A big jump in prices while their other cars are down? Really?

-Crissa
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Counting this a pricing thread, need 2 more for my pricing thread bingo lol

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I am in the camp that dual CT will not be more then 54,900 but If it was 10k more I believe I will follow through. I do have other reservations and they will depend on how FSD is progressing and whether they are out of beta phase. The next 3 CT's are strictly for business purposes and income when I retire in spring 2025.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
4 Years on , 20% more for the dual.

If after 4 years, end up 10% more. That seems fair enough.

In effect... would you pay $5000 more? YES.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
For me a dual motor with 350 mile range and 4ws that's priced around $60-65k is still doable but prefer $65k to land with the largest pack at 450+ miles. Sub 5 second 0-60 is plenty.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
We've had this argument a dozen times. Raising the price by $10K is only 14% for the Tri Motor, but it's 20% for the Dual. 3/Y prices are back to what they were when the Cybertruck was released.

So... Let's put our votes where our mouths are. That's the real test. And remember, that we're clearly more interested in this than more than 90% of reservation holders.

And for the record, I think this is dumb. A big jump in prices while their other cars are down? Really?

-Crissa
Ok, first things first. Crissa, how much coffee are you drinking that you're posting at 2 am?
Second, I'd hate to send Tesla the message that we're all willing to pay an extra 10 grand for the CT. The message that I want to send is that we'll only pay the price listed in 2019. You shouldn't offer a product for a price you can't manage later. Elon (I am not Elon) knew it would take years to get the Cybertruck factory off the ground, but still offered CT for a certain low, low price. We all expect (I naturally speak for everyone) to pay that same price.

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
Been eyeing on few other vehicles as well, but really do want the Cybertruck. Just gotta see what the final specs are and prices. If its something out of my financial price range due to, price hikes on the MSRP, inflation, APR and other factors, then I will just go to my Honda dealer and pick up an FL5 Honda Civic Type R that I’ve also put a deposit on, cause I know what my OTD price is on that vehicle. But then, I don’t like overpaying for a vehicle though, but glad Elon made the price for the Model Y LR below $60k OTD otherwise, I’d make my father look elsewhere for his new car (BMW iX or Acura ZDX).

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
We care about the range. If there is a 400 mile + Dual motor, that is the configuration we would want. The uber performance specs on the quad motor etc. is not super important, but range, range, range. And yes, I would be happy to pay $59k for a DM 400 mile + vehicle.

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
If demand is great enough for there to be instant equity for early delivery holders at any price, I suppose I would pay any price.

I'd rather not though.

Space monkey

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fat Cat
Occupation
Philosopher
Country flag
$10k more is basically the fork in the road for me. I probably would still buy if the truck is as good as I had hoped. But any more money and I am probably going back to the drawing board.

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
I think the feature set and financing will dictate the price that people will pay more than any other factor
Speaking of financing, can anyone speak on the quality of the financing Tesla has been offering recently? (I know interest rates have gone up a lot since 09/2018). Wondering what we can expect if we look at Tesla's in house financing currently. TIA.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
The brief amount of time I owned an R1T tells me that I really want quad motors.
For that with 500+ miles of range im willing to pay $110k if that includes every available option including FSD.

of course id want it to be less if possible but thats my ceiling. My siblings will get whatever the nicest version is that qualifies for the tax credit

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Speaking of financing, can anyone speak on the quality of the financing Tesla has been offering recently? (I know interest rates have gone up a lot since 09/2018). Wondering what we can expect if we look at Tesla's in house financing currently. TIA.
My preferred solar lender is working on an option for the CT that is going to come in quite a bit better than the best ive seen anyone reporting using the banks tesla farms out loans to. They are not financing in house just acting as a brokerage
Sponsored