Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That looks more like something for prototyping than scaled manufacturing. Or perhaps to create dies for the Gigapress?
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Stamping press?
CT sheetmetal may require machines to take SS from rolls and then run them through rollers to flatten and work harden, a machine to cut pieces into different shapes (before rolling/hardening?) and I suspect there will be welding of some type (friction welding?). This will discolor the SS so there may be final steps to restore the cosmetic finish.

11 ga. (0.125 inch/3.175mm) in a half hard condition is too tough for a stamping press.
I believe body panels will be scored and bent, not stamped. Big diff.

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
maybe we will all find our with the big surprise in 12/9.......hahahaha

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I had to look up what Tesla put out for how the CT body would be created.
The closest I can tell is that it'll be cut and CNC bent using a big version like the machine in this video.

CNC bending machine

I just went down the rabbit hole of manufacturing... Grob looks like they make assembly line systems that do several things one after the other, mill, collect, assemble, and connect/weld.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I had to look up what Tesla put out for how the CT body would be created.
The closest I can tell is that it'll be cut and CNC bent using a big version like the machine in this video.

CNC bending machine

I just went down the rabbit hole of manufacturing... Grob looks like they make assembly line systems that do several things one after the other, mill, collect, assemble, and connect/weld.
Very impressive! The CT exoskeleton would probably be much simpler in terms of the number of folds but doing it on such a large piece of 3mm SS must present new challenges.

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 & Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
artist
Country flag
Is it just me or does this new one look bigger than the other ones?

That’s a lot of axles.

(GP is around the 8:30 mark, I think it’s queued up)

How many Gigapresses do they have installed so far?

Yes.. its the 8000 ton for Cybertruck

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yes.. its the 8000 ton for Cybertruck
Says who, and by that I mean someone that actually knows and not a wishfull thinker like any of us? We have 3 guys taking videos multiple times a week, and their contacts in the factory, and they tend to make predictions on very little information, and none of them think it is the 8K-ton gigapress. So your extreme confidence requires that I ask your source.

To answer someone else's question, there are currently 3, 6K-ton gigapresses installed at giga Austin.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Says who, and by that I mean someone that actually knows and not a wishfull thinker like any of us? We have 3 guys taking videos multiple times a week, and their contacts in the factory, and they tend to make predictions on very little information, and none of them think it is the 8K-ton gigapress. So your extreme confidence requires that I ask your source.

To answer someone else's question, there are currently 3, 6K-ton gigapresses installed at giga Austin.
I have no other information, but that video and that it would make sense to have this sort of Giga big press in Texas with larger Cybertruck being planned to be build in Texas. I just said 2+2 must be = to 4...

See this YouTube video for more: Tesla’s 8000-Ton Giga Press for CyberTruck - YouTube

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
It's already been proven based on the delivery crates it's not a giga press. Giga presses are delivered in very clearly and readable large print idra on the sides of the crates.

None of the deliveries currently being suggested as giga presses say idra on the crates.

Q: Do the crates look like this?
https://www.teslarati.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/giga-press-texas.jpeg

A: No.

In fact, the referenced video timecode being suggested on here, the video creator literally includes text that suggests it's most likely stamping machinery, not giga presses.. Based on the name on the crates and probably his actual on site contacts

Last edited:

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's already been proven based on the delivery crates it's not a giga press. Giga presses are delivered in very clearly and readable large print idra on the sides of the crates.

None of the deliveries being suggested as giga presses say idra on the crates.

Q: Do the crates look like this?
https://www.teslarati.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/giga-press-texas.jpeg

A: No.
Ok fair enough, but what else could it be? The evidence of this big package is hard to make other conjectures about.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Ok fair enough, but what else could it be? The evidence of this big package is hard to make other conjectures about.
See edited post above. Or watch the referenced video at that timecode being discussed for answers.

Or just wait for 12/9 for answers ;)

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
See edited post above. Or watch the referenced video at that timecode being discussed for answers.

Or just wait for 12/9 for answers ;)
I do not want to be to simplistic, but because the box does not say IDRA does not mean it is not from IDRA. Sorry, I do not want to insult anyone, but I am just thinking of the weight, size and utility of the hole package for Giga Texas and try to guess what is inside the "gift" box...
Sponsored

Last edited: