Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
EDIT** Confirmed by Elon himself!!

From a few reliable sources in conjunction with the recent release of CT-related merchandise and the anticipation of a supposed 12/9 announcement, there's speculation that there will be a Quad-Motor variant. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on a 4-motor set up and it's benefits over a tri-motor configuration. I'm wondering if it is also in response to the off-road capabilities of Rivian's R1T with its 4-motors.

Additionally, there is speculation that the single-motor variant will be dropped; such that CT motor configurations will consist of dual, tri, and quad once it enters production.

I'm planning on making the switch from tri-motor to quad-motor if it happens. Maybe it's the Plaid+ that I'm still hoping for. :D (y) ? Anyone else feeling the same way?

Sponsored

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I think the Single Motor model will be delayed until 2026 or dropped altogether.

No other Tesla to date uses four independent electric motors for propulsion. I don’t see it happening but you never know with Tesla.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Elon just tweeted out that the Cybertruck initial release will be for a 4-motor variant. Good reason to hide the configurator a while back? :)

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
I want a dual motor, more for the battery, I would be happy with a single motor if it came sooner. I really don't care if it will come in a 4 motor configuration, I can't even afford the 3 motor one at the 2019 price, and I would love to have that 500 mile battery.

CyberG

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 P85+
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
interesting, I hope my trimotor just turns into a quad and I stay low on the list
I’m hoping that as well, but I’m not sure I want to spend $100k on a truck, if that’s what the price turns out to be.
Sponsored