HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Employees are owners and they do have them in their driveway. The point is the factory is producing them and you don't see CTs being delivered to anyone.
Well, how many employee owners are there? 5,000? Are they really still making them on a real production line? It seems like they would run out of employees to sell them to pretty quickly and be forced to start delivering them to reservation holders by now.
Sponsored

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I need a CT so I can drive out of internet range and take a break!
Once Starlink goes active even the quad CT won’t be able to get you out of internet range.

Imagine members of this forum typing CT2x2 or CT2² instead of CT4 in the next 20 years. The total difference in time used may be a life time waisted.
Anyone else reminded of the Simpsons episode where Homer was working from home. He would type “YES” to answer the Yes/no questions on the computer. He then realized all he had to do was type “Y”.

Tesla Cybertruck ? Quad Motor Cybertruck and Crab Walk (Independent Front & Rear Wheel Steering) Confirmed!! B1B4F5F7-D999-4124-8C1A-1356C4B00497

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If and when Tesla can't snap-sell every unit they make (because the remaining potential buyers are switching to the cheaper competition), along will come lower-cost CTs. (Could be downsized and fitted with a simpler suspension, single motor, smaller battery, traditional panel metals, ....) Well, we'll see.

Yes, but no other Tesla is a truck.
I think your view that other manufacturers are going to undercut Tesla on price flies in the face of everything we know.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's a bit disappointing that due to their own shortfalls Tesla is looking for a way out of their pricing commitment by screwing over their most die hard early tri-motor cyber truck fans/reservation holders.
Hey, Buckaroo, I think you are jumping the gun a bit early there.

Do you have any more half-full glasses I can borrow? I want to feel miserable too.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Employees are owners and they do have them in their driveway. The point is the factory is producing them and you don't see CTs being delivered to anyone.
My point is that while a few trucks are coming out the factory doors, there is no volume yet so for all we know the production line isn’t even complete yet. There may still be steps that need to get repaired or optimized so for now may just be completed by hand or unreliably by machine. In order to protect the quality reputation of the company, no one is allowed to show these trucks in their raw form. Non-employees can’t get ahold of one.

And I’d challenge you to show us some actual evidence that even employees have them. If any normal employee had one, you can guarantee there would be at least one neighbor taking a picture of it in the driveway and letting us know all about how they got to see inside it at least.

From what I understand, any non-employee customer has received an email providing a general window (earliest being March) of when their truck MIGHT get delivered.

So while I’ve seen press releases saying they are being produced, I take those stories with at least a tablespoon of salt.

And even the press rides that have been allowed seem to be under extreme control. Max speed limits, no roaming off the proscribed path, and some level of editorial review.

So I don’t consider them to be delivering till I see unrelated customers on twitter and YouTube giving actual customer reactions that are personal and unedited by the company.

Press releases are not facts.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla needs to come in somewhere around 73-100k to match the other two competitors out there.
Do they?

Doesn't that imply all three vehicles are about equivalent in quality, features and capabilities? Personally, I think Tesla could charge a lot more, and I mean a lot more, than they actually will. But they will keep prices low for what you get to speed the transition to sustainable energies.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Well, how many employee owners are there? 5,000? Are they really still making them on a real production line? It seems like they would run out of employees to sell them to pretty quickly and be forced to start delivering them to reservation holders by now.
They have e given delivery windows (2 months) to all LE reservation holders March to September. The rest should get their windows by end of the month

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought the goal was to engineer the hell out of it and put it on the market at a price point that slammed the door on the competitors. The mic drop moment in automobile manufacturing where OEMs get gapped.

Now it'll be delayed further just to be jammed with stuff others have... then priced just like they are. Man, that seems to undermine the whole thing a bit.
I thought this was a Cybertruck enthusiasts forum.

Now I've come to the realization that most people here don't even have a clue who Tesla is or how they operate.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You don't see R1Ts being delivered, either, because they're 'delayed' until next year.

Production is hard.

-Crissa

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not only are ICE makers terribly inefficient at bringing us the latest technology,
LOL You have been Elonized. Meaning since Elon Musk came onto the scene of auto manufacturing everything else seems "dated" technology-wise and/or late to the game.

The new ICE trucks amaze me with the available tech compared to say 10 yrs ago.

BUT! Once Cybertruck finally makes it into production there will be oohs and aahs galore. No one will be able to match it in the EV truck space and all the CEO's of legacy auto companies know it whether they admit publicly or not.

I had some idea that the CT would have some upgrades before its actual release date but Elon sure can surprise me.

The Cybertruck is a Global Truck and will be in demand globally not just in the U.S., mainly because of its capabilities.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I agree with you on the benefits of 4 motor. If they design the CT really well, the front and back castings might be the same. With drive-by-wire, the suspension and drivetrain would be the same (different optimization in motors in the front vs the rear from what I understand though). And all of this sameness, brings about cost savings in assembly which helps drop the cost to produce.

On the performance and range side of things, it will all be a delicate dance to balance out getting the numbers that would be the most beneficial.
I once thought that the front and rear castings could be the same but it doesn't make sense. The rear casting requires the 8K-ton gigapress because it has to be much beefier to hold the weight of the bed and for towing; the front doesn't.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The single is gone.
The single motor Cybertruck was always years in the future. This just confirms what we already knew. It's not gone, it just won't be produced for at least 3 years. Same as always. The one difference is Tesla will communicate this to single motor reservation holders and let them maintian their position in line if they want to move up to one of the configurations scheduled for earlier production.

Tesla could not really afford to let Ford's fake claims of a $39K F-150 walk away with all the media stories presenting the Tesla as "too expensive". Tesla had to preempt them with their own starting price of $39K. It's a game auto manufacturers have played for as long as I've been around. It's the base model price, you've heard it a million times, "starting at $xx,999.99" but that's always for a basic stripper model that not even a farmer would want. No 4x4, no power windows, crappy wheels and tires, worse engine and transmission, no rear window defroster, crappy seat covering, etc. etc. etc. They advertise it at a low price but no one ends up buying that model because they make sure no one wants that model because they don't make any money on it. Sure, they sell a thousand or two just to make it legitimate but good luck trying to get one for yourself (assuming you would even want one configured without the things people expect). It's not that it would cost them so much more to include the basics, they don't include them because they don't want to sell the stripper model to you. It's priced artificially low to arouse your interest.

I had no idea people were so gullible. Let me know how you like your $39K F-150 Lightning too. :ROFLMAO:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So many negative assumptions being made here. I will wait and see before complaining about great new features being available.
Exactly!

Americans have become a nation of low-information complainers. Without the facts to support their miserable assumptions and complaints. It's like these people want something to complain about so they make it up in their own head. And misery loves company.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now, if we can get them to beef up the suspension so I can tow 18k lbs, and the battery so I can get 250 miles of range while doing so, and keep it under $100k, I might not cancel my order.

I know, there's a lot of "ifs" in there, but a guy can dream. :)
Oh, it will be under $100,000 but on the other hopes, no point in dreaming when they're not going to happen. Just hurry up and cancel your order.
Sponsored

Last edited: