Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
...and no word on battery architecture, or chemistry, expected life span or warranty..

They need to get their kit together and produce some facts...Dont give a damn about the sizzle , I wanna know about the steak... making sure its not held together with meat glue...

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
The one thing I would like to know is how long is it going to take to recharge after you have driven 500 miles?
Ram may need that 500 miles; 300 miles to get the first public charging station the next 200 to find a working charger. CT should be fine with a 300 mile battery.

I think those numbers are combined. R1T in it's most efficient configuration get 2.2mi/KWh at 70 mph. RAM seem to be following Lightning 1st gen play book with design and mine gets 2.0 mi/KWh at 70 mph and 2.4 combined with 107.6 KWh battery (98 KWh usable). I think packing more batteries may be a race in the wrong direction. We just need better public charging network , better energy tech (hi density batteries, hydrogen/BEV hybrid power-train or portable nuclear fusion reactors). Until then if CT can pull off 2.7 mi/KWh at 70 mph, it will wipe out all other trucks.

I was excited over the prototype. Then the ACTUAL release is just an ICE vehicle that was revamped as electric.
RAM is already late in the game, I am sure their manufacturing experts told the bosses: either you want to build something cool or you want to build something in the next few years, which one is it?

I did like the flexible floor plan in the prototype. If that does not make it to production, the rest is mighty forgettable.

250 kW = 400v * 625 amps
250 kW = 800v * 312.5 amps
My understanding is that how much juice you can pack in an hour among other things is dictated by how much heat the weakest link in the system can handle. Lower current means less heat so theoretically 800V system should be able to keep it at 250 KW longer before needing to lower the juice. Or simply charge at higher KW to reach it's thermal limit.

Last edited:

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
My thoughts exactly. Now i can sleep better at night, knowing elon will want to beat this. I heard him talkin bout a smaller battery, and was like wait, did you forget this thing's supposed to tow?

OP
OP
scottf200

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I’m sure it’ll be more efficient though.

I’m sure that’s part of the plan to beat Tesla, just like GM’s very grand plans. Everyone have learned so much wisdom from Trevor Milton.

EV Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Exactly why I ordered a Cybertruck - best blend of the capabilities of minivan (6 pax, fits in garage) and full size pickup (towing, standard bed). Or wait for perfection - Cybervan.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
ICE Truck

Tesla Cybertruck Ram 1500 REV - 350 mi (168 kWh)  & 500 mi (229 kWh) DALL·E 2023-04-08 11.07.07 - A pick up truck made of ice , funny_

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I have owned a full size truck for only three months now and I am already hooked on the utility of this thing. From the first day, I expected bellow average efficiency and above average size to be the cost of that utility so I am adjusting. Today, I drove 140 miles. For the first half I cruised at 64 mph and got 2.7 mi/KWh. Then picked up a mattress, put it in bed with tailgate open and pushed up the racks above the roofline and it dropped to 1.9 mi/KWh. Pushed the racks back down and it went up to 2.1. Folded the mirror, it went to 2.2. I never gave a second thought to aerodynamics in an ICE. Now in my local drives, I stay off highways, pick a good podcast and leave 5 minutes early. I can get 3.2-3.4 mi/KWh in this giant box. I never thought I could have fun “minimizing” positive and negative acceleration. It is a different state of mind.
Sponsored