Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I have owned a full size truck for only three months now and I am already hooked on the utility of this thing. From the first day, I expected bellow average efficiency and above average size to be the cost of that utility so I am adjusting. Today, I drove 140 miles. For the first half I cruised at 64 mph and got 2.7 mi/KWh. Then picked up a mattress, put it in bed with tailgate open and pushed up the racks above the roofline and it dropped to 1.9 mi/KWh. Pushed the racks back down and it went up to 2.1. Folded the mirror, it went to 2.2. I never gave a second thought to aerodynamics in an ICE. Now in my local drives, I stay off highways, pick a good podcast and leave 5 minutes early. I can get 3.2-3.4 mi/KWh in this giant box. I never thought I could have fun ā€œminimizingā€ positive and negative acceleration. It is a different state of mind.
After getting a vehicle with regen it seems ridiculous that all vehicles don't have it. I wish our Pacifica got more than 31 miles as an EV, but happy we have it. I will never forget our 25-mile drive in Death Valley from 5600ft to -280 below sea level. We started with 0% charge and ended up with 46% and didn't use any gas. That was fun to watch the gauges.
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
After getting a vehicle with regen it seems ridiculous that all vehicles don't have it. I wish our Pacifica got more than 31 miles as an EV, but happy we have it. I will never forget our 25-mile drive in Death Valley from 5600ft to -280 below sea level. We started with 0% charge and ended up with 46% and didn't use any gas. That was fun to watch the gauges.
That minivan is one of the most sensible vehicles on the planet. Ridiculous interior space and flexibility, Better traveling machine than BEVs While having local green creds. My father in law gave up his truck for a Caravan and he said he was getting more utility out of the minivan.

Even before I bought my first EV, I always tried to minimize the use of break to maximize passenger comfort, prolong the life of break pads and improve gas mileage by slowing down early at lights and cruise with traffic flow. ICE can be slightly greener by driving differently.

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
if it seats 6 Iā€™m in, will it be eligible for the tax credit. Thatā€™s how long it will probably take to get my cybertruck anyway.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
will it be eligible for the tax credit.
it seems folks are satisfied it would be eligible for the $3,750 for battery assembly (I donā€™t personally understand the source of certainty, but only because I havenā€™t followed, not because I doubt it)

but whether it will meet the critical minerals %s is an unknown and I think unknowable at present

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That minivan is one of the most sensible vehicles on the planet. Ridiculous interior space and flexibility, Better traveling machine than BEVs While having local green creds. My father in law gave up his truck for a Caravan and he said he was getting more utility out of the minivan.

Even before I bought my first EV, I always tried to minimize the use of break to maximize passenger comfort, prolong the life of break pads and improve gas mileage by slowing down early at lights and cruise with traffic flow. ICE can be slightly greener by driving differently.
We owned a Safari (aka Astro) van and it was amazing. If Tesla launched something along those lines Iā€™d get one in a heartbeat. It is a crime that so many people think of large SUVs before mini-mid sized vans which are massively more functional. Stupid CAFE legislation slaughtered the minivan by disadvantaging it versus ā€œtruck like thingsā€.

Hopefully once EVs are commonplace weā€™ll have a return to sanity. The Model X is basically a super fancy minivan. Tesla needs something less fancy and half the cost and there Is a solid chance Iā€™d get that instead of the Cybertruck. Okā€¦ tiny chance
Sponsored