Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Yes, but now it is doubled.
I'll take that chance... parking my F350 long-bed in small parking lots suck a bucket of donkey... Well, it sucks. Or rather sucked. I have an F150 now. I CAN tell you though - backing into parking spots is your friend with long wheel bases. And that F-350 had the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. (The F-450 I had, on the other hand, with it's wide mono-beam front suspension would turn on a dime. I suppose a large turning diameter up front does that.)

But, I really, really want 4-wheel steering for parking lots if nowhere else!

Oh, and why do Home Depot, Lowes, and Menards have the smallest parking spots? I mean, you are quite likely to find a large percentage of trucks in those lots and yet they are all small... Angled spots would be nice but you have idiots who pull through those and effectively face the wrong way. Sigh... just give me 4-wheel steering, please.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I'll take that chance... parking my F350 long-bed in small parking lots suck a bucket of donkey... Well, it sucks. Or rather sucked. I have an F150 now. I CAN tell you though - backing into parking spots is your friend with long wheel bases. And that F-350 had the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. (The F-450 I had, on the other hand, with it's wide mono-beam front suspension would turn on a dime. I suppose a large turning diameter up front does that.)

But, I really, really want 4-wheel steering for parking lots if nowhere else!

Oh, and why do Home Depot, Lowes, and Menards have the smallest parking spots? I mean, you are quite likely to find a large percentage of trucks in those lots and yet they are all small... Angled spots would be nice but you have idiots who pull through those and effectively face the wrong way. Sigh... just give me 4-wheel steering, please.
Dont get me wrong, its cool and handy. I guess my perspective on the usefulness is skewed living in Texas.. our cities are just made for trucks haha.

If its optional it wont be added to my build.

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just Beautiful...

rxfelix

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Volt, 2013 Honda CR-Z
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, but now it is doubled.
In truth it is more than doubled. For two failure events, the probability of neither occurring is the product of their individual failure probabilities. If, for instance, each axle has a probability of failure of 50% in a given time, the probability that neither will fail is (.5 x .5) or .25. Thus the probability that either one, or the other, or both will fail is (1 - .25) or 75%.

However, the actual design failure rate is certainly small enough that I for one am not worried about it.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Dont get me wrong, its cool and handy. I guess my perspective on the usefulness is skewed living in Texas.. our cities are just made for trucks haha.

Keep in mind that it has a longer wheelbase than trucks the same length so it'll probably turn horribly without 4 wheel steering.. Like F-350 crew cab long bed bad.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag

I am generally with you on keeping things as simple as possible. The stress and time lost on breakdowns hardly justify most added conveniences for me. I would definitely prefer the truck without air suspension. A lot of Range Rover owners spent a lot of time and money on it but some Lexus owners are very happy with it with minimal issues. I am not sure which one is CT closer to but I rather not have it on CT (I doubt I will have the option) but for rear wheel steering I would take the additional risk. A lot of GM owners that have used it for years love it and would want it again. And with my current lightning, every time I get out of my driveway, I have to cut into the oncoming traffic. On most parking lots, I have gotten the feel for parking an aircraft carrier and can make it work but in some situations, it can be really handy. If I lived in Texas, I probably would skip it.

AlphaG

First Name
Dipan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S63, Elise, X
Country flag
I always thought the rear of the cybertruck was the least pleasing angle, now I know why!

Bill W.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model-X
Country flag
There is a picture somewhere of 3 closely-spaced lights lit up in the center of the rear light bar. I believe that is the CHMSL.
Sponsored