Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I always thought the rear of the cybertruck was the least pleasing angle, now I know why!
If you have 2 eyes it Won’t look like that.
Sponsored

JroGville

First Name
Rolando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, legacy 2004 GMC Yukon XL
Occupation
Developer
Country flag
More videos from today. Rear wheel steering in action!

That wiggle action is worrisome. Reverse turning should only be activated during slow speed maneuvers. At speed, they should turn in the same direction to improve stability in lane changing, with or without towing a trailer.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I am generally with you on keeping things as simple as possible. The stress and time lost on breakdowns hardly justify most added conveniences for me. I would definitely prefer the truck without air suspension. A lot of Range Rover owners spent a lot of time and money on it but some Lexus owners are very happy with it with minimal issues. I am not sure which one is CT closer to but I rather not have it on CT (I doubt I will have the option) but for rear wheel steering I would take the additional risk. A lot of GM owners that have used it for years love it and would want it again. And with my current lightning, every time I get out of my driveway, I have to cut into the oncoming traffic. On most parking lots, I have gotten the feel for parking an aircraft carrier and can make it work but in some situations, it can be really handy. If I lived in Texas, I probably would skip it.
I own a 2005 land rover LR3. The air suspension has been removed long ago in favor of heavy duty coil overs. The air system was AWESOME... except when it would decide to glitch out mid trail and deflate to the bump stops.. not fun.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger
Country flag

It looks like they are just testing it out (checking it's limitations). Anybody else surprised by how quickly something that size can turn?

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Hmmm...
The butt waggle is definitely cused by the rear steer. Watch carefully and you will see where the wiggle begins.
My estimation is that the computer was making calculation errors on the proper angle for the rear wheels. We steer the front, the truck steers the rear.
Computer does the stainless steel boogie because its trying to interpolate the correct rear wheel angle based on driver steering input, speed, and power application.
This is why you test drive the bajeezus out of something before its release.

bobang

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 2500p/u - jeep liberty CRD -Honda PHEV
Occupation
Property Management - self employed
Country flag
CT needs to be built as strong as the Ba Ja super trucks otherwise it is just another truck with fancy sheet metal that is probably impossible to repair...having 2nd thoughts about my 2 reservations!

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag

Just curious, was I the only one who, at the beginning of the second video, got all excited there is an instrument panel screen behind the yoke? Only to be disappointed when realizing it was the follower vehicle, not the CT.

Deleted member 3316

CT needs to be built as strong as the Ba Ja super trucks otherwise it is just another truck with fancy sheet metal that is probably impossible to repair...having 2nd thoughts about my 2 reservations!
Why Two reservations?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I own a 2005 land rover LR3. The air suspension has been removed long ago in favor of heavy duty coil overs. The air system was AWESOME... except when it would decide to glitch out mid trail and deflate to the bump stops.. not fun.
Land Rovers are garbage for reliability though.