Recieved a text from Tesla about the Cybertruck

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Received how? On the Tesla Account? In the Tesla app? In email or text message?
The thread title should really say “ Received a text from Tesla about the Cybertruck after I requested a trade in value” and then explain that from within your Tesla order page in your Tesla account they added a link to estimate a trade in value.

At least, that’s what I had to do in order to receive the same text OP received. If OP was cold texted without requesting a trade or anything else, it‘d be great if they could confirm that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag

Text is not fact and easily manufactured. How do we know this is from Tesla? I received no such message. Did anyone? If it was from Tesla to reservation holders everyone would have gotten it at the same time.
not fake .. i am VERY sure of that as it came in the same text thread <number> all the other test messages i got from tesla came in while finalizing/picking up my model y.

this appears to have been triggered automatigly when people fill out the trade in form on the cybertruck home page that many of us have been changed to..

OP
OP
CyberSleuth

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
The thread title should really say “ Received a text from Tesla about the Cybertruck after I requested a trade in value” and then explain that from within your Tesla order page in your Tesla account they added a link to estimate a trade in value.

At least, that’s what I had to do in order to receive the same text OP received. If OP was cold texted without requesting a trade or anything else, it‘d be great if they could confirm that.
Yes, I DID use the trade in feature, but not the new one that was added to the Cybetruck page. Just the same link that's always in the Tesla menu. I'm hearing multiple people say they got the same message after using the trade in estimate, but it's strange that the message makes zero reference to any trade in...
I didn't think the two were connected until reading other's experiences.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
not fake .. i am VERY sure of that as it came in the same text thread <number> all the other test messages i got from tesla came in while finalizing/picking up my model y.

this appears to have been triggered automatigly when people fill out the trade in form on the cybertruck home page that many of us have been changed to..
I noticed the trade-in link on my Cybertruck order management page. Tesla has to get their act together.

OP
OP
CyberSleuth

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Text is not fact and easily manufactured. How do we know this is from Tesla? I received no such message. Did anyone? If it was from Tesla to reservation holders everyone would have gotten it at the same time.
If I wanted to fake this I would have come up with something far more entertaining than a corporate boilerplate.

This was texted to the same number associated with my Tesla account.

OP
OP
CyberSleuth

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This makes worlds of sense to me.

Only thing that throws me off is the idea they would just out-of-the-blue send a text that says. “No news, thanks!”.
I thought it was out of the blue, but apparently using the trade in page (24 hours earlier) triggers this message. Why it says nothing about the actual trade in is a mystery.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If I wanted to fake this I would have come up with something far more entertaining than a corporate boilerplate.

This was texted to the same number associated with my Tesla account.
I acknowledge the appearance of the trade-in link.

Personally I get crap sent to my phone number all the time. I do not trust unauthenticated contacts of any kind and definitely don’t respond.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Only texts from T I ever get are from my inventory discount connect and the wholesale managers. Never one thing about CT and I have several reservations

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I'm assuming most of you will receive the same thing.

Screenshot_20230623-113409.png
Can only wish for the day when the Aussie Crew get an update. January 2022 was the one and only email from Nikola Bratic of the Sydney Tesla Team. ( l don't like sound of 🦗 🦗)

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I acknowledge the appearance of the trade-in link.

Personally I get crap sent to my phone number all the time. I do not trust unauthenticated contacts of any kind and definitely don’t respond.
still maintaining this is fake?

far as I can tell, every person here who has requested a trade-in estimate towards a CT through the CT page, and provided their phone number for contact, has received the same text response from Tesla

Why it says nothing about the actual trade in is a mystery.
seemed pretty straightforward to me

the trade-in information was already provided through the website

why it’s talking about the CT is also pretty straightforward: we we’re on the CT reservation page with a trade-in link, and when filling in the trade-in fields have to select what vehicle(s) we’re interested in trading in towards.

so we have a CT reservation, and have told them we’re looking to trade in towards a CT

Tesla Cybertruck Recieved a text from Tesla about the Cybertruck 166DE644-4B76-4724-9EFE-7813D6B9C43B

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm assuming most of you will receive the same thing.

Screenshot_20230623-113409.png
I got the same text message on Saturday. I did not inquire about anything.
I also noticed that the text weas from the same source 3 yearsa ago when I was talking to one of the sales reps at Tesla. The old text was in the history of the new text.

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
In my opinion, they made this a very negatively framed message.

This could have been an exciting update about how much closer the CT is to production and the many developments that have happened in the past few months.
"We're almost there, and you're gonna love it!" kind of thing.

I feel like I've been declined a position of some kind.:cry:
Sounds fishy to me
Sponsored