Bill in Marin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Spyder, Alfa 2000 GTV
Country flag
Here's the deal. I have a very low reservation number. We also just bought two new cars within the last 6 mos. I could roll around in the Cybertruck as a third car, or may be able to convince my wife to trade. I think the kids will absolutely love the Cyber Truck if we take delivery. The other option is to take possession, drive a bit, and then make a decision. Of course, a big part of that will be if we can at least breakeven. I will have to pay tax+reg. It would be great if I could drive for a while at no cost. Anyone want to speculate what the resale will be on these for the first year or months. This is a mass market vehicle, so I expect any premium will fade fast. Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bill in Marin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
LOL. This is the classic unfriendly forum reply written in the most passive-aggresive way possible. I searched resale value. No relevant results. You want to search form me and let me know what you find? I don't think you could post a less helpful reply.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Easy answer, look at what happened to Ford EV F150.

For the first 2 to 3 months they went for up to 25,000 over list. At 3 months they resold at list. At 4 months they were piling up on dealer lots.

If you plan to scalp yours, do it fast.

(edit to add before someone else points it out: this is not what will happen with Tesla, but is the only relevant historical precedent available)

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
LOL. This is the classic unfriendly forum reply written in the most passive-aggresive way possible. I searched resale value. No relevant results. You want to search form me and let me know what you find? I don't think you could post a less helpful reply.
No worries and no disrespect meant. Most of us here are obsessed with it and have no intention to scalp. We had someone in here before who supposedly had 30.this dude

I'd say you'll know the figure once Tesla announces the price next month or two

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You expected a helpful reply from a bunch of Cybertruck lovers that have been waiting patiently (or not) for almost 4 years and you just bought 2 new cars? I have been hoping that Tesla will make low reservation number holders sign a contract saying they won’t sell for a year or give up their place in line. I think the previous reply was very polite.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
You expected a helpful reply from a bunch of Cybertruck lovers that have been waiting patiently (or not) for almost 4 years and you just bought 2 new cars? I have been hoping that Tesla will make low reservation number holders sign a contract saying they won’t sell for a year or give up their place in line. I think the previous reply was very polite.
Polite? That's same type of guy who would make fun of you if you resurrected a zombie post.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Truth

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Here's the deal. I have a very low reservation number. We also just bought two new cars within the last 6 mos. I could roll around in the Cybertruck as a third car, or may be able to convince my wife to trade. I think the kids will absolutely love the Cyber Truck if we take delivery. The other option is to take possession, drive a bit, and then make a decision. Of course, a big part of that will be if we can at least breakeven. I will have to pay tax+reg. It would be great if I could drive for a while at no cost. Anyone want to speculate what the resale will be on these for the first year or months. This is a mass market vehicle, so I expect any premium will fade fast. Thoughts?
Be careful about resale especially if you plan to do it within the first few months.

From the Cybertruck Pre-Order Agreement:
Tesla Cybertruck Resale value at launch Capture.JPG

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
I imagine anyone who waited this long would not pay some crazy price beyond MSRP (individuals on this forum). He’d probably have some better luck with a random non-reservation purchaser.

However based on his reply earlier, I hope the transaction is less than ideal. 😂

The pseudo-scalpers are parasitic, IMO.

OP
OP

Bill in Marin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like I stirred the pot. I drop into a lot of forums because I'm interested in a lot of cars. The 'use the search' is such a put off because: I always use the search, and forums searches are almost always non-functional. The two things I pulled out of this are 1) look at other electric vehicles, the window to get over MSRP is small, and 2) Tesla is a mass produced car, not really the space for ADM. I appreciate the enthusiasm for the CT, and also believe it to be a revolutionary vehicle. I also don't have space for another car right now, and never thought we'd be waiting 4+years so I moved on.
Sponsored