Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Goat Herder
Country flag
As a Model 3, Tesla Solar and 4 Powerwall owner, I expect to leapfrog all of you! Just kidding. I’m on the Dual Motor list and there’s probably 200-300K people ahead of me for the CT.

A side note…bought the Tesla Model 3 online last June on a Sunday afternoon and notified later that night it’ll be available the next weekend for pickup. Everything went like clockwork.
Sponsored

sefar

First Name
se
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 100d, Ram 1500 limited ecodiesel
Country flag
Based on visibility of the vehicle, Texas and California will probably be first. The Midwest may fill in later since they need to show this thing as a work truck, but I anticipate that after the first two zones.
Tesla isn't able to sell the Cybertruck or any vehicle in Texas, so Texas buyers have to make arrangements after the vehicles are shipped out of Texas. Not sure what that means as far as timelines- will they skip the Texas reservations to get trucks delivered faster to states where they have permission to deliver directly?

Towards the end of a quarter there is inevitably a push to deliver more vehicles and I would bet against Texas reservation holders getting theirs early in the queue. But I haven't guessed right yet and bought both of my Teslas from the website, used, so...

gscott6

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 and on the CYBERTRUCK list
Country flag
I love how you are asking how can I jump ahead of you guys? Mighty impressive. I learn something new everyday on this forum ;)
I wonder if my place in line remains the same if I change my reservation and opt for the tri-moter instead of the dual.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I wonder if my place in line remains the same if I change my reservation and opt for the tri-moter instead of the dual.
unfortunately I won’t be able to give you a reliable answer. What makes sense to me is that you are a record in a database and trim is only one field to be edited and I don’t see any logical reason for Tesla to spend extra effort to push you to the back of the line and delay selling one unit of a more profitable trim. However, if you want to be sure, the first place I recommended contacting is Tesla itself. The second place is digging through this site to see if anyone has made that change and see if their reservation number has changed. If You are not completely sure, I would wait to see if they pump out CT2s faster or CT3s then as Crissa suggested upgrade later when you have more info about both.

richardlpaul

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So i'm not sure how Tesla will contact reservation holders. they didn't require an address when reserving. So it's either based on phone number or billing zipcode. I'm assuming they will probably go off of billing zip code. if you lie about your billing zip code, maybe you'll get contacted earlier. But it would probably go off reservation for whatever area they decide to go with first.

I'm in Canada so regardless of my reservating number, i doubt i'll see that beautiful truck before 2023
They know my address. I logged into my account to place my CT reservation. Also, just this last week I updated my order for dual motor to tri-motor. Very easy to do.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The sad fact is that we have another year of waiting for production to start☹

It’s Q4 2022, almost a year from now. I am envisioning rows and rows of freshly manufactured SS Cybertruck‘s in the Austin parking lot waiting to be loaded onto transport trucks. It’s going to be exciting!

Tesla Cybertruck Reservation order integrity 8410A334-67FF-4FE3-913C-C3C55436747B

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
‘Hate to break it to you, but Q4 doesn’t even start for another 2 weeks. Even then “End of year” often means the last day of the year.
Exactly! And "end of year" ....even next year, smells a lot like "in a month or so" in 'Elon-speak'. I'm in this for the long haul, and keeping the Roadster and the semi in mind. Nothing surprises me nor gets me flustered. Remember, I'm the proud owner of BD5D-335 and was just waiting for it to roll off the production line. Why, I could've even prepaid all my avionics and had them installed at the factory for me....... for FREE! Yep! Settle down guys, what Crissa is correctly trying to point out is that getting our CTs is going to be a marathon, not a sprint to the finish line. Elon operates in Mars years, or at least not on earth time. Everybody knows that! If you are hot and bothered for your CT, be hot and bothered but count on being frustrated by a very much longer than anticipated wait.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Exactly! And "end of year" ....even next year, smells a lot like "in a month or so" in 'Elon-speak'.
Not to be too nitpicky, but Musk didn't say end of year. Tesla didn't say end of year. Not really.

I know there has been a lot of informal communications hinting at EOY, but they've never really said it plainly or announced it.

Not suggesting it's coming before the end of the year. I wouldn't remotely plan on it. I just find the lack of an update on the timeline a curious... seemingly deliberate thing.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Not to be too nitpicky, but Musk didn't say end of year. Tesla didn't say end of year. Not really.

I know there has been a lot of informal communications hinting at EOY, but they've never really said it plainly or announced it.

Not suggesting it's coming before the end of the year. I wouldn't remotely plan on it. I just find the lack of an update on the timeline a curious... seemingly deliberate thing.
"End of year" was figurative, not quoting Elon. Like "to infinity and beyond" isn't literally "to infinity and beyond" which of course would be redundant. It was simply a matter of semantics. Elon can say "to infinity and beyond" when he talks about going to Mars, but of course nobody will take him seriously. If they do, they need to to examine their interpretation of generalizations because they apparently take themselves too seriously.

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
The sad fact is that we have another year of waiting for production to start☹

It’s Q4 2022, almost a year from now. I am envisioning rows and rows of freshly manufactured SS Cybertruck‘s in the Austin parking lot waiting to be loaded onto transport trucks. It’s going to be exciting!

8410A334-67FF-4FE3-913C-C3C55436747B.jpeg
I'm pretty sure this additional wait time will make people to defer to other brands. Ever since this additional wait time started, I went to a SoFlo Acura dealer and put down a deposit for a MDX Type-S. I am excited but just super tired of waiting. Hopefully, I get my CT in Q2 2023 unless they push to Q1 or Q2 2024.
Sponsored