uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag
Steer by wire, solar tonneau, 4 motors, Plaid version, facial recognition on the doors, etc.

Who knows what it will actually have or won't have. Elon says a lot of stuff, but much of it never comes to fruition.

I have some hopes there will be a higher and lower end version.

Edit: Although, if I recall correctly, Elon never promised steer-by-wire...only said it would be ideal or hopeful or something similar.
Sponsored

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Steer by wire, solar tonneau, 4 motors, Plaid version, facial recognition on the doors, etc.

Who knows what it will actually have or won't have. Elon says a lot of stuff, but much of it never comes to fruition.

I have some hopes there will be a higher and lower end version.
IMO, I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised once the config tool is released. I think we are going to have plenty of options to choose from. That coupled with the "secret accessories team" is going to allow us to configure our CT how we want.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I prefer the yoke.

But my biggest disappointment is that those robots did not complete their dance number.
I am bummed that one didn’t jump in the CT and go for a joy ride. I mean come on. Is the AI robot apocalypse happening or not.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I think Tesla learned from putting the yoke into the Model S......the majority of people want a roundi(ish) steering wheel.

If someone wants a yoke, maybe down the road Tesla can offer it as a $750 option.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I think Tesla learned from putting the yoke into the Model S......the majority of people want a roundi(ish) steering wheel.

If someone wants a yoke, maybe down the road Tesla can offer it as a $750 option.
It would be kinda silly to ask someone to pay $750 extra to leave part of the steering wheel off. :LOL:

Personally, I want a yoke, because I want the extra visibility, and I've never had a problem learning to drive vehicles that had different controls.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It would be kinda silly to ask someone to pay $750 extra to leave part of the steering wheel off. :LOL:

Personally, I want a yoke, because I want the extra visibility, and I've never had a problem learning to drive vehicles that had different controls.
The yoke is $250 more on the MS/X and there is a take rate according to TMC.

The $750 is to buy a yoke or round wheel after you have delivery.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
The yoke is $250 more on the MS/X and there is a take rate according to TMC.

The $750 is to buy a yoke or round wheel after you have delivery.
I was responding to your comment that maybe Tesla can offer it as a $750 option. If they offer two types of steering wheels, the pricing will almost certainly follow the other models which charge $250 more for a yoke. I'll check that box to get a yoke because, as a human, I know how adaptable humans are (but only those who think they are adaptable). People who think they are not adaptable will have trouble adapting.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was responding to your comment that maybe Tesla can offer it as a $750 option. If they offer two types of steering wheels, the pricing will almost certainly follow the other models which charge $250 for a yoke. I'll check that box to get a yoke because, as a human, I know how adaptable humans are (but only those who think they are adaptable). People who think they are not adaptable will have trouble adapting.
Same, love my Yoke.

JRu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Cherokee, BMW R1200R
Occupation
Gymja Warrior
Country flag
I often drive one handed (mostly straight roads) with my left hand at 12:00 or my right hand at 6:00. I think the yoke steering wheel wouldn't give me the leverage to properly control the steering. Other than that I like the yoke, but don't think my driving style supports it. Yeah yeah, when FSD is out of beta "later this year" it won't be as relevant, but until then the round wheel might be more practical.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I often drive one handed (mostly straight roads) with my left hand at 12:00 ...
We've discussed many times that the supplemental safety restraint system assumes your hands are at nine and three... if your hand is at twelve, you're covering the airbag and your arm will be broken and thrown into your face if they activate. And they're designed to activate when needed, not when you're ready.

They also recommend not hooking your thumbs into the wheel except when necessary, so your hands can be pushed away from the steering wheel without incurring injury.

-Crissa
Sponsored