Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I was pretty dismayed when really nothing was said about the Cybertruck during the quarterly update today. Nothing about the features or pricing, just another delay in production. I know that my frustration is shared by all but when is this charade going to end?
Sponsored

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
Yeah was super lame. Elon said he'd have a detailed product roadmap for the call, and the update was basically "nothing new until hopefully next year." Wouldn't even say definitely next year for Cybertruck lol

BradSomrak

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Atty.
Country flag
I was pretty dismayed when really nothing was said about the Cybertruck during the quarterly update today. Nothing about the features or pricing, just another delay in production. I know that my frustration is shared by all but when is this charade going to end?
There was no update because the Cybertruck is so far from being a reality they can’t even give reasonable guesstimates. Tesla’s inability to comment on what you ask for - features or pricing - is the most relevant piece of information as to where they truly are with CT production; namely, they are not close.

It’ll be five years before many of the current preorder holders see a CT.

Deleted member 11233

I heard him say they are concentrating on growing the existing product line, and introducing any new models (CT, Model 2, etc) this year would result in a corresponding decrease in production because some resources and labor would be diverted to the new vehicles.

Sandman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
55 chevy 98 tahoe 2014 chevy cruze 2020 Bolt
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
I am really tired of all the constant delays. Realistically it probably won’t start until 2024 and unless you are one of the first ones to get a reservation you won’t see it until 2025?
Time to tell Elon to pound sand and order a Silverado

PaulS

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I ordered a Model Y during the call after Elon said that they would not be making any new models this year. I'm keeping my reservation, but giving up the wait for a while.

I was also worried when Elon talked about a concern with being able to make a Cybertruck that is affordable. I wonder what the pricing of the current prototype is estimated at.

Ratso

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75 Monte carlo, 74 K5 Blazer, 85 Chevy van, 89 Pontiac 6000, 2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2008 Chevy Silverado, and my last car will be Cybertruck tried motor.
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Welp my Oct 2023 guesstimate (from the spreadsheet) looks like wishful thinking (still wishing). At least it will be definitely paid for (maybe even plaid). Now I hope my 08 diesel can make it (or my wife doesn't see a vacation house VT, NH, or Maine)

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
My Cybertruck order number is in the low 3000s, I bought Tsla @$28, I remember Musk saying a Tesla truck to compete with the f150 was a couple of years away.....in 2013! I've ordered an F150 and am confident it will be a couple of years old before my Cybertruck arrives....

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
I am really tired of all the constant delays. Realistically it probably won’t start until 2024 and unless you are one of the first ones to get a reservation you won’t see it until 2025?
Time to tell Elon to pound sand and order a Silverado

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
I really hoped we would hear something today, I guess we did, not just anything significant about the CT. When I see politicians demanding Elon respond to their letters of inquiry regarding his plant in China, while the White House boycotts his made in America success with offering rebates to everyone but Tesla… when I hear on the local news a manifacturing plant just opened in town and the HR department is seeking qualified individuals to apply -claiming so far; 80% of those having previously applied do not know what; include a #10 stamped, self addresses envelope, means. I cannot image the challenges facing Elon, not just hiring in Texas but screening to prevent theft of proprietary information and monitoring those already hired, chasing those that release fake news about Tesla with their own desires to hurt the stock - oh my gosh, I can’t imagine a day in the life of Elon. I’ve read his book, buy his stock, and cars, cringe when he mentions AI integrated in humans. Between satellites and tunnels and AI, I KNOW he is excited about making this truck special. He is dealing with Detroit making crazy claims about their next successful EV and he is watching as dealers take $50,000 markups to sell the limited supply on hand. He is processing the Rivian, the new green Hummer (ha), a low cost Tesla car and a high end Roadster. I am certain of very little, but I am sure he does not care that I am disappointed today that he did not talk about my dream truck. Sadly, I don’t expect a professional public relations debut other than the one we had in November 2019 - from here on, tweets, and tidbits and hopefully he will get all the wheels (and batteries) in motion this year for full scale production and we’ll get all the things we were promised and then some. I too, am really tired of this process but for $100, he hasn’t scared me off yet.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
It’ll be five years before many of the current preorder holders see a CT.
Ouch!

I'm still optimistic about some time in 2023... until then I'll be driving my 2022 F-150 Lightning. They sent me an invitation to convert my reservation into an actual order... delivery in 21 weeks.

It should make a good trade when the Cybertruck finally ships.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah was super lame. Elon said he'd have a detailed product roadmap for the call, and the update was basically "nothing new until hopefully next year." Wouldn't even say definitely next year for Cybertruck lol
agreed....but I still say the long pole in the tent is the giga press for the CT....nothing has been said about that one piece of equipment in months....yea, we see boxes and crates for 6-Ton presses but nothing out of Tesla about the CT press....until we have that, you cant plan on a production date....yea, its the of last Jan and people say it will only take 3-4 months to set up then calibrate but until its here we can continue to push out the pre-production dates and production date well into 2023.....sorry for the rant but I and losing faith and I am seeing more interesting EVs coming along....

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
... I've ordered an F150 and am confident it will be a couple of years old before my Cybertruck arrives....
Me too. Ford told me my F-150 Lightning will arrive in about 21 weeks. I'm guessing some time in June.

I still want the Cybertruck, but I need a truck now and as some of you may remember, my F-150 broke down in June and after waiting over 4 months for them to try to fix it, I ended up trading it for a Mach-e. Nice car, but the trouble is... I need a truck.

The bottom line is it's not as slick as a CT, but at least it's shipping.

There's a lesson here.

1. Ford makes a million F-150's each year, and it's been the most popular vehicle in the world for nearly 40 years in a row. Not just the most popular pickup... the most popular vehicle.

2. Tesla recognizes the huge demand for pickups, so they announced what should've been the 1st EV pickup.

3. Although they announced it first, they spent years "perfecting it" and figuring out how to mass produce them.

4. Ford's factories aren't nearly as slick, nor can they mass produce the F-150 Lightning. At best, they can make 15,000 this year.

5. Rather than waiting 3 more years to upgrade their factories, they're actually shipping those 15,000 trucks this year, perhaps twice that next year... 100,000 or so the following year... etc..

6. Tesla still has the more advanced design... but they should've shipped at least a small number of something a lot sooner, even if it wasn't perfect (no quad motor, no 4 wheel steering, with door handles, etc.)... then shipped improved models in higher quantities each model year.

PS... I'm still stoked about the CyberTruck. I have a bunch of toy versions, and even a CyberWhistle to inspire me while I wait.
Sponsored