JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
How about a drawer but the hood still pops up?

-Crissa
That's what I originally suggested before I posted the drawer pictures.
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If people really want a draw… get an angle grinder, and install an aftermarket option.

That's not as far-fetched idea by the time I finished writing it out, lol

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
By the way what's this diagonally placed black box in the render?

Frunk Drawer Side.png
Just a leftover of the wheelarch on the otherside wheel. I cheated in that when you draw a new extrusion it draws it transparent when you have the tool open. That way way you can see it when you draw an extrusion inside something like the drawer I did without having to create a view of it. I just did a screengrab instead. :)

Sadly I never got around to drawing the interior detail of the cab and frunk, I do have Model S battery pack and motor combo in it though. That's why I know it's tight to get a spare tyre under the bed and on top of the motors. But now with the smaller CF wrapped Plaid motors and the larger lid size you can see in the latest bed pictures I'm thinking they managed to squeeze in a spare sized compartment after all, but will likely only offer the spare as option. Overall the volume under the dash and frunk is quite big, it's nearly 2cbm, compared to the Model S one'ish cbm, so I'm expecting a decent size frunk if they get their packaging right.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Yeah they have an enormous amount of space under the dashboard with the way the windshield is sloped. Frunk could probably extend this far back:

Tesla Cybertruck Side sail area? tesla-cybertruck

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Yeah they have an enormous amount of space under the dashboard with the way the windshield is sloped. Frunk could probably extend this far back:

tesla-cybertruck.jpg
Watch that black "crease" line just in front of your red marker end up being where the laser shoots out and keeps the windshield clear of rain or other muck.

I know... that doesn't allow for the laser to shoot out at the whole windshield, and other completely valid reasons why this idea is totally bogus. But hey, how else do you explain that there is no BAW on that truck?

OK, yes, it's a prototype that probably only gets driven when there is no rain. I know, I know. There is nothing to the laser wiper idea. At least not yet. 2023 is still pretty far off so who knows.

But yes, I could see the frunk reaching that far back. Or a bunch of the typical hardware that usually resides under the frunk being moved back under the dash and making the frunk deeper. Either way, it seems like there could be a lot of frunk space available. Unless there are other unforeseen surprises like an inboard front winch or full-size spare tire compartment in there.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Watch that black "crease" line just in front of your red marker end up being where the laser shoots out and keeps the windshield clear of rain or other muck.

I know... that doesn't allow for the laser to shoot out at the whole windshield, and other completely valid reasons why this idea is totally bogus. But hey, how else do you explain that there is no BAW on that truck?

OK, yes, it's a prototype that probably only gets driven when there is no rain. I know, I know. There is nothing to the laser wiper idea. At least not yet. 2023 is still pretty far off so who knows.

But yes, I could see the frunk reaching that far back. Or a bunch of the typical hardware that usually resides under the frunk being moved back under the dash and making the frunk deeper. Either way, it seems like there could be a lot of frunk space available. Unless there are other unforeseen surprises like an inboard front winch or full-size spare tire compartment in there.
I'm ready for "Pew-pew pe-pew" blasting droplets out of existence!
Sponsored