Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
After modding a couple of JKs, and the issues that go with mods, and of course breaking a lot of things, I was ready for a stocker or near stock. The JT got very light mods, no suspension changes or tires. The stock Rubi tires were just under 34" on 17s. Liked that, but another inch would have kept me off some rocks in my favorite nearby playground.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
If you need more rubber sidewall because of trying to airdown to get some flotation don't forget that you can get inflatable beadlockers as well, which also give you runflat capabilities and hold the tyre on the wheel without them slipping from all the electric torque. Nearly a must on the CT I think. Also helps to protect the rims when rock climbing.

Tesla Cybertruck So, Let's Talk About Size Again... images (14)

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Let alone they seem to be getting more expensive each time I look.

I ride a onroad recumbent trike...I like going fast and at 6'6 I produce a lot of drag on a normal bike that requires me bend over the bars, which in turn fatigues my wrists on longer rides. Recumbent solves all of that, its comfy like riding on a recliner so you can just concentrate on pedalling...and enjoying a much more comfortable view with minimal frag and less headwind because you are lower down. You should try one if you haven't yet. 🙂
I don’t ride on pavement enough to get excited about recumbents. Otherwise I would definitely play with them.

Trikes are super hard to haul too I bet.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I was so worried that the CT wouldn't fit in my 1 car garage where my Model 3 charges and would have to always Supercharge this beast but if your measurements are correct I have about 5" of clearance. Woohoo!!!
Have you never heard of an extension cord? O-o

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I don’t ride on pavement enough to get excited about recumbents. Otherwise I would definitely play with them.

Trikes are super hard to haul too I bet.
Yep nothing my Crafter van can't handle. Plus I can shower after too in style, cook a meal or take a nap before the next ride. :)

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag

-Crissa
Haha, I wish it could be that simple. I own a townhouse with a 1 car garage and no driveway. My 2nd parking spot is about 75' from the garage with 3 other parking spaces between, so even if I could run an extension cord, the other cars would be driving over it and people walking would be tripping all over it. The HOA may frown on that plan....

I quickly realized this dilemma after placing my deposit for the CT and for the past 2.5 years I'm working on my wife to sell the home so that I can find another house to be able to charge my CT lol. My plan is looking like it's working haha.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Haha, I wish it could be that simple. I own a townhouse with a 1 car garage and no driveway. My 2nd parking spot is about 75' from the garage with 3 other parking spaces between, so even if I could run an extension cord, the other cars would be driving over it and people walking would be tripping all over it. The HOA may frown on that plan....

I quickly realized this dilemma after placing my deposit for the CT and for the past 2.5 years I'm working on my wife to sell the home so that I can find another house to be able to charge my CT lol. My plan is looking like it's working haha.

So you already have a Tesla?
If yes, do park the Tesla in the garage?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Another shot of the wheels/ brakes. Looks pretty tight in there. don’t think you are getting 17” wheels on this.

1649438739119.png
The R1T with 835hp and over 900 ft lbs of torque runs 5 lug wheels and big 6 piston calipers up front. Rivian couldn’t design a wheel smaller than 20” for the truck because of brake caliper interference.

The fact that Tesla engineers went with 6-lug wheels tells me something. They are engineering the truck to handle enourmous amounts of HP and torque from the Quad electric motor drivetrain.

I can guarantee that Elon instructed his CT engineering team to beat GM’s 1,000 HP Hummer HP specification. He’s a competitive individual and wants the Cybertruck to be #1 in HP and torque numbers for its segment. The Quad Motor version is going to be a performance beast. I predict the Quad Motor will put out >1001 HP and beat the Hummer is 0-60 time.

Last edited:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
.I like going fast
I'm considering a 5kW electric mountain bike. We have a 1kW big adventure fat tire, which is fun, but too long and unwieldy for the complicated 45 degree mountains by my house. At 5k it can do almost 50. There's a 15k version that will do over 90. LOL!

Yesterday I hit my fastest ever on our bike, at 29 in the desert it felt super fast. So of course, I need more. I need shin guards.

Tesla Cybertruck So, Let's Talk About Size Again... 1649614833766

Tesla Cybertruck So, Let's Talk About Size Again... 1649614846431

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag

-Crissa
Bad form. Lets not suggest people use crappy extension cords which aren't appropriately sized/rated for loads over those extended distances. That's how fires start!

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I'm considering a 5kW electric mountain bike. We have a 1kW big adventure fat tire, which is fun, but too long and unwieldy for the complicated 45 degree mountains by my house. At 5k it can do almost 50. There's a 15k version that will do over 90. LOL!

Yesterday I hit my fastest ever on our bike, at 29 in the desert it felt super fast. So of course, I need more. I need shin guards.

1649614833766.jpeg

1649614846431.jpeg
You should try this:
https://electrek.co/2021/09/15/us-made-fat-tire-electric-motorcycle-volcon-grunt-begins-shipping/

and some motorcycle gear!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag

I *only* ever wear Five Fingers, except on my motorcycle. Never normal shoes.

I need something that looks legal for a bicycle because motorized vehicles are restricted nearby due to some inane EPA regulation. I live at the edge of the desert, but I'm miles away from legal dirt bike riding because of this. If it looks like a bicycle, nobody will notice me.

Also, that's the opposite of what I need for the nearby hard climbing trails, it needs to have smaller tires and be a short wheelbase. Our Biktrix Juggernaut is just too big.
Sponsored