Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Speak for yourself, I thought it was to share information and write one liners to harvest likes. :ROFLMAO:
If you knew that is what it’s all about why haven’t you done it? :p
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
If you knew that is what it’s all about why haven’t you done it? :p
One liners or long informative posts nobody reads? I try to keep my posts short...I do I promise. ;)

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I think this is not steel

Never seen steel rolls loaded onto flatbed chained at midsection rather than over the axels.
by complete happenstance, this came up in my feed tonight and the comments from truckers were interesting

Tesla Cybertruck Stainless steel rolls spotted during delivery to Giga Texas today (9/20/22) ? 5215DACC-61F3-4E36-876C-C92CC0555605

They call these “suicide coils” because if they break free, they’re coming through the cab

a few comments suggested these must be placed “perfectly” between the wheels (unclear to me why)

but maybe more relevant to this post, this single coil in post actually weighs just under 50,000lbs, which is apparently the relevant legal weight limit for trailers of this category?

Tesla Cybertruck Stainless steel rolls spotted during delivery to Giga Texas today (9/20/22) ? 7F217278-2830-40EA-9AA0-CF6A4DA13B6B

That leads me to believe the photographed coils, two on a trailer, are not heavy duty steel?

also hard to say with any certainty but the drone photos don’t appear to have quite the same degree of tie-down gear as drivers look for in a “suicide coil”?
Tesla Cybertruck Stainless steel rolls spotted during delivery to Giga Texas today (9/20/22) ? 56AB9A35-38BC-4AD0-BF2A-7C84D41A7E64

Tesla Cybertruck Stainless steel rolls spotted during delivery to Giga Texas today (9/20/22) ? 516A7123-8537-4D58-BAD7-C48B92A9370D

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Overlooked Musk quote: “see we had to build the rocket in this shape, because the steel can’t be bent and comes in these coils…”
Well to be fair, they could make Starship any shape they like, but soon after the first pressure test they will all have the same shape anyway... 🤣

On Starship they also have issues just welding the material, as this too softens the SS. Hence their automated laser welding setup.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Forums are (low grade) entertainment.

It’s not about how starved for information we are, it’s about how bored we are at work. Most of us would be talking about **something** on here regardless.

I’m going to go ride a bike.
Thanks to that old bat dying, I get the day off.
Speculate away!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Thanks to that old bat dying, I get the day off.
Speculate away!
If you are in Melbourne you also get a day off tomorrow for playing what Aussies call sport...

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you are in Melbourne you also get a day off tomorrow for playing what Aussies call sport...
Every year, we have a public holiday for a horse race...

Every Year, we have a public holiday for the AFL Grand Final parade.

We had to wait 96 years for the Queen.

At least the King is over 70. Won't be as long :p

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I try not to be a part of the "public". As such I work whenever I want, play whenever I want. The only time it affects me is when I want to do something with somebody else that is "public" and they are shut for business.

Besides aren't public holidays an invention of the powers that be to keep us little worker bees hopeful for a day off from our perpetual economic enslavement? :p

Reminds me of Roman crowd control methods: Drink, food and bloody sport. :ROFLMAO:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I imagine step 1 is a machine that unrolls the coil and shears to length in a couple stacks. Step 2 is the score fold process.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The beginning of this thread was a question as to whether these rolls are stainless steel. I have not seen that question answered. I also haven't seen my follow on question answered, namely is the height of these rolls sufficient to fold the CT exoskeleton? I suspect not. Before everyone goes off on the manufacturing process maybe we should try to answer those questions.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The beginning of this thread was a question as to whether these rolls are stainless steel. I have not seen that question answered. I also haven't seen my follow on question answered, namely is the height of these rolls sufficient to fold the CT exoskeleton? I suspect not. Before everyone goes off on the manufacturing process maybe we should try to answer those questions.
The cabin glass house is not from the same peice of steel, so the rest would fit on the height of the roll. This was alluded to by charliemagpie in that they will want to optimise the cut out patterns to utilise every peice of material they can.

As for what the material is, I think that if steel rolls are 50,000lb, then these two rolls are aluminium because the truck can't carry that much weight.
Sponsored

Last edited: