Don B.

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
After all this attention and scrutiny, I still don't know if the window between the cab and bed opens to let HVAC air through. And no one yet has tried to see if a magnet sticks to the CT's steel (some stainless steels are magnetic and some are not).
Sponsored

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Already Confirmed ..Does not open!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Was also looked at at the ones at the after party, and it doesn't open.

It has to slide somewhere and that would have reduced rear cabin space, added cost, and likely would resulted in people getting there heads stuck trying to get through it.

More annoyingly, there is also no HVAC porting to the rear as predicted by some.

But an after market slider would definitely be a good way to fix both of these problems. A little thermostat controlled fan would also work for bringing HVAC to the bed.

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Was also looked at at the ones at the after party, and it doesn't open.

It has to slide somewhere and that would have reduced rear cabin space, added cost, and likely would resulted in people getting there heads stuck trying to get through it.

More annoyingly, there is also no HVAC porting to the rear as predicted by some.

But an after market slider would definitely be a good way to fix both of these problems. A little thermostat controlled fan would also work for bringing HVAC to the bed.
Maybe the next hardware revision update could add an opening mid-window. With Tesla, I think we will see a few revisions before most people can even take delivery, especially with the Cybertruck.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Maybe the next hardware revision update could add an opening mid-window. With Tesla, I think we will see a few revisions before most people can even take delivery, especially with the Cybertruck.
Potentially, but honestly except for a nice way to interact with my German Shepherd in the back, I would rather have the bed HVAC instead for the rear camper setup and hound.

That window is to small for anything to go through except air and toothpicks, and now that we have 5 seats instead of 6, having the pooch restrained in the back is the only way to have full seat capacity with a dog onboard.

The real swing and miss is the lack of power points in the frunk.

Dman_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Transit
Country flag
I have a slider in my Tacoma with 5’ bed. I’ve never opened it in 8 years, EXCEPT to transport long pieces of lumber or PVC pipe. Even the 12x12” (?) opening is very useful for 10 to 12’ long materials for me as a homeowner, not tradesman. But Rivian’s doesn’t open either.

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There’s no indication the window opens. I’m holding out hope for a 3rd party solution that will make it easily removable.
Check out description of cybertruck glass roof sunshade “ stores under rear hatch window” does hatch imply it opens and closes ??

Codyco

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Obviously can't see out with the vault closed but does anyone know if you can see into the bed with it closed? Or is the glass always fully blocked unless the vault is open?
Sponsored