RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Good to see Jordan Arocha seemingly taking over Cory's role, always struck me as the most squared away of the bunch.

No mention of a rear push rod suspension or where the rear airbag is?

They should of thrown in the crash test videos, and notes how long the suspension arms are at least...

It was boring because they left half of the interesting parts out.
At 5:55 and 8:55 you can see the vertically mounted air shocks on the rear. They're not placed horizontally like they would be on a push/pull rod suspension.
Sponsored

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Sandy wasn't pining away for Cory nor ho humming the Cybertruck suspension. He was kind of embarrassed doing this stupid video about blurry hurried photos of what he rightly described as a prototype vehicle.

In that sense, he is missing Cory but that deal is done. No one likes regret.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Good to see Jordan Arocha seemingly taking over Cory's role, always struck me as the most squared away of the bunch.

At 5:55 and 8:55 you can see the vertically mounted air shocks on the rear. They're not placed horizontally like they would be on a push/pull rod suspension.
That's the front setup though?

There's no space in the rear for vertical suspension riser between the bed wall and the wheel. From the rear suspension arms you can tell it's not a trailing arm design like the Lightning, which means you either need a vertical riser or a push rod setup. Plus you really need a double wish bone setup to get the rear steering knuckle for 4WS to work as they pointed out it has.

You can see the connection point of the swing arm on the lower rear wishbone, but I haven't seen what it connects to that acts as a spring.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
That's the front setup though?

There's no space in the rear for vertical suspension riser between the bed wall and the wheel. From the rear suspension arms you can tell it's not a trailing arm design like the Lightning, which means you either need a vertical riser or a push rod setup. Plus you really need a double wish bone setup to get the rear steering knuckle for 4WS to work as they pointed out it has.

You can see the connection point of the swing arm on the lower rear wishbone, but I haven't seen what it connects to that acts as a spring.
It's the rear. They mention that on the front they are using a cast lower control arm while stamped steel at the rear. You can see the air strut connect to the lower control arm here:

Tesla Cybertruck Suspension photos analyzed by Sandy Munro dddd

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It's the rear. They mention that on the front they are using a cast lower control arm while stamped steel at the rear. You can see the air strut connect to the lower control arm here:

dddd.jpeg
Your red circles are missing actual "air strut" parts on the left. This is just an arm, there is no visible spring there on that photo.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Finally got around to it

I was hoping they might discuss the 6-lug wheels we’re seeing on RCs**

Because historically that’s not consistent with the 3/4-ton level of payload/towing stats

**I know these photos weren’t of an RC or even the lug pattern, but a lot of good RC wheel photos exist now and to me this 6-lug topic would have been more substantive than anything in the vid