Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
While the points mentioned in the video are worth being aware of and worth consideration, I think the real major bottlenecks will be: 1) insufficient battery supply; and 2) chip shortages.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
TL: DR This is hedge journalism. Tallosive Tech is throwing shit against the wall. Notice no claims founded in fact nor grounded in truth. Just magical thinking in case its real.

He does do the work of reading every subReddit on CT, noting every negative then verbal vomiting the entire list of negatives in a form of performance art. Tallosive Tech spokes person himself, though, adds no weight to the discussion, brings no skin to the game and the sole contribution amounts to the combined words of other peoples thinking.

Yakuza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Datsun
Country flag
TL: DR This is hedge journalism. Tallosive Tech is throwing shit against the wall. Notice no claims founded in fact nor grounded in truth. Just magical thinking in case its real.

He does do the work of reading every subReddit on CT, noting every negative then verbal vomiting the entire list of negatives in a form of performance art. Tallosive Tech spokes person himself, though, adds no weight to the discussion, brings no skin to the game and the sole contribution amounts to the combined words of other peoples thinking.
Yes, and you’ll get your CT by the end of the year!

OP
OP

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag

Idk if I would call it journalism. He's bringing up valid points, and specifically stating he hopes he is mistaken with his concerns. I think it's pretty clear he's a huge Tesla fan, but at the same time he isn't one of those guys trying to sugar coat everything or overly inflate production estimates or timelines just to get clicks on youtube.

That whole video was meant to act as a counter weight to the other youtubers posting about the Fremont production line with titles like "cybertruck deliveries coming Summer 2021?!?!?" to get all the mouth breathers to click on it, only to hear zero new information and see the same CT specs talked about that everyone already knows about.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Still listening... but, had to chime in... the Cybertruck is .30cd and weighs no more than an F150 loaded or whatever Elon said. Some good info, but then he rambles on where he is clueless like he knows. I have to question his credibility. Too, scrap the single motor? Doubt it... it's a truck, and wanted... unless, they move the singles up to double for free and scrap the single. I could see that, but not giving them to some other manufacturer. Tesla wants every sale they can get.

edit in: Cut back on the durability of the Cybertruck? Never. That's a huge reason why most of us are here. I just don't see it. peace

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Pessimists have always had a special place in my heart. Road to disappointment is paved with wishful thinking. He is just keepin it real, helping us to keep our feet on the ground (while getting some clicks in the process). That said, Tesla is already training people for assembly line in CA and looking at the pace of the factory progress in Texas, I think they are doing everything that can humanly be done. I have no doubt there will be problems to deal with size of which is unknown but for us that is the given part of the game we are playing when we get invested in something that does not exist. There is no guarantee any of it will work but Tesla is in better position than any other manufacturer to deal with any obstacles.

I agree with others who pointed out that demand for battery likely to pull Tesla in different directions and something has to give. And I agree with his observation that cheapest kid in the line up (single motor) may end up on the chopping block but I believe it will be sold even if it is in limited quantities before that happens. Selling an affordable electric truck is like selling Roadster with Space X package. It is muscle flexing and I don't believe Elan will ever get tired of that.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I’ve seen this guy’s videos before, and I watched the first 5 minutes or so of this one. It really doesn’t matter whether his points are valid. All that matters is whether ‘you’, whoever you happen to be, believe that when Franz and Elon say they are going to build the CT, with the specs they gave, they can and will do it. I have yet to see a you tuber that was an expert in engineering or manufacturing, or even video editing. They are audience seekers and some are very good at that, and some are good at digesting information, but they all want clicks. Elon and Franz are about engineering and manufacturing, and maybe I am overly biased since I am too, but that is what I believe. You guys can worry like this guy, or not, as you wish.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Yes, and you’ll get your CT by the end of the year!
Worried?

That is something I am not. I am not worried about seeing Cybertruck, not this year nor the next. Texas constructor looks behind for Tesla to take full occupancy, configure factory, equip and setup. That is out into 2022. production will begin then ramp late 2022. TX should be spitting CT’s 2023 like a machine gun.

GigaAUSTIN were my plant that’s the way I’d ramp it for supply chain, production, QC and Delivery. Austin was bottom land swamp below grade. I’m not convinced subterranean water table conditions were engineered out of the site. That is my Watch List item.

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
I keep say that the What If's are infinite. If you look at more of his videos.. well most are just copy from everyone else or opinions. YouTubers got to make money by bringing entertainment. At least he changed his scene compared to older videos...

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I’ve seen this guy’s videos before, and I watched the first 5 minutes or so of this one. It really doesn’t matter whether his points are valid. All that matters is whether ‘you’, whoever you happen to be, believe that when Franz and Elon say they are going to build the CT, with the specs they gave, they can and will do it. I have yet to see a you tuber that was an expert in engineering or manufacturing, or even video editing. They are audience seekers and some are very good at that, and some are good at digesting information, but they all want clicks. Elon and Franz are about engineering and manufacturing, and maybe I am overly biased since I am too, but that is what I believe. You guys can worry like this guy, or not, as you wish.
:-( I am replying to myself. What a sad life I lead. I think I was perhaps too harsh last night. Clearly Sandy Munro is a top-notch expert and a you tuber, and the guy that has the The Limiting Factor youtube channel has clearly gone out of his way to learn about the technology, but that leaves a bunch of people (and I am only talking about Tesla and CT you tubers and not even FSD beta you tubers) that seem to be in it more as an opinion outlet than an information source. But my take away remains the same. There can be any number of viable concerns that, in the end, are stacked up against the authority of Tesla. Based on the company's track record of what I consider to be excellent vehicles and software (all things considered) I am putting my confidence in the company.

Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Still listening... but, had to chime in... the Cybertruck is .30cd and weighs no more than an F150 loaded or whatever Elon said. Some good info, but then he rambles on where he is clueless like he knows. I have to question his credibility. Too, scrap the single motor? Doubt it... it's a truck, and wanted... unless, they move the singles up to double for free and scrap the single. I could see that, but not giving them to some other manufacturer. Tesla wants every sale they can get.

edit in: Cut back on the durability of the Cybertruck? Never. That's a huge reason why most of us are here. I just don't see it. peace
Tesla has scraped numerous base vehicles. It doesn't matter how much demand there is for it.

I don't want the CT only for its durability, I want it for its bed, seats, size, range, and towing.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
:-( I am replying to myself. What a sad life I lead. I think I was perhaps too harsh last night. Clearly Sandy Munro is a top-notch expert and a you tuber, and the guy that has the The Limiting Factor youtube channel has clearly gone out of his way to learn about the technology, but that leaves a bunch of people (and I am only talking about Tesla and CT you tubers and not even FSD beta you tubers) that seem to be in it more as an opinion outlet than an information source. But my take away remains the same. There can be any number of viable concerns that, in the end, are stacked up against the authority of Tesla. Based on the company's track record of what I consider to be excellent vehicles and software (all things considered) I am putting my confidence in the company.
Sorry if I am interrupting the fascinating conversation the daytime you and the night time you are having. I think both of you are correct. The guy probably went through the comments on his channel or other CT hubs and recycled them as a list to get a reaction. It worked and that is OK. Most of what we are discussing here is like talking about weather. The conversation has little to no impact on the subject. It is all to fill the gap between now and then and may be to get a bit of education in the process. Uncertainty is just another thing to help us enjoy the ride. If you see sunlight when you are reading this, read it again a little later ;)
Sponsored