Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders - from $4000 credit to $2500 voucher

Coagulation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD
Country flag
Interesting!

So rather than installers reaching out / in many casses never doing so, they’re putting the choice / burden on the buyer. Which IMo is way better. Good news for FS buyers

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders - from $4000 credit to $2500 voucher IMG_4197

kpg81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
What I don't understand is how do I even schedule a PowerShare install for my house? I got the survey that I am eligible, but nothing since. I have a VIN, but no delivery date yet for my Beast.

Can I get started getting quotes now, or do I need to wait for anything on Tesla's end?

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 S, 2017 S, 2016 X, 2023 X, 2024 AWD FS CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
This is great news... Now to see if they give me the difference before my arbitration filing date. Also, to whomever has questions about what email address to use, check your contract. I'm planning on drafting a letter to send via certified mail since there have been no replies to my (I think reasonable) request for exactly this. Just a last ditch effort before filing for arbitration, which will cost Tesla more than I'm asking.

wheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 MYLR, 2024 CTAWD
Country flag
I submitted my survey/request for Poweshare install more than a month ago and have not heard a peep from Tesla.
Have you tried to look it up in your trash mail folder? That's where I found mine installation email from the local installer.

Kamin

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD received 5/24
Occupation
Health Physicist
Country flag
I'm glad that they are giving me an allowance instead of just the powershare equipment as after reading the print I am not going to be able to install powershare.
"

To be eligible for Powershare Home Backup, you must:

• Take delivery of a Foundation Series vehicle
  • Own a single-family home or townhome compatible with Powershare Home Backup in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico)
  • Park on your property within 20 feet of your garage or electrical service (main) panel
  • Have an electric service (main) panel rating less than 225A
  • Have a Tesla Certified Installer in your area
  • Agree to the quote for installation provided by the Certified Installer"
My house has two 200 amp panels for 400 amp service so it looks like no powershare for me.
The Powerwall 3 manual says the maximum output is 200A but doesn't mention the limitation for connecting to less than 225A. Does anyone have a Powerwall connected to 400 amp service?

It looks like my only hope to power the house from my truck is to install Powerwall and hook the truck to that.

Cybrtr808

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, BMW 318is
Country flag
Just received the FS order email RN11317 also LTS.

Reading through the Beast specs I don’t see the 4,000 PowerShare credit.

Has the program changed or am I overlooking the $4,000 credit.

All I see is Powershare installation services not included. A $2,500 Tesla Shop voucher for ordering equipment and instructions for coordinating with Tesla Certified installer will be provided.

Has Tesla recently changed this?

Seems the $2,500 voucher is for both AWD and Beast. ??

Norm

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders - from $4000 credit to $2500 voucher IMG_6145

Coagulation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD
Country flag
I wonder if this change was due to all the layoffs and Tesla not have enough man power to continue with the previous process.
Maybe, but more likely feedback from customers that the existing processes stunk. Just reading here it’s confusing and clunky. This makes more sense

Coagulation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD
Country flag
I'm glad that they are giving me an allowance instead of just the powershare equipment as after reading the print I am not going to be able to install powershare.
"

To be eligible for Powershare Home Backup, you must:

• Take delivery of a Foundation Series vehicle
  • Own a single-family home or townhome compatible with Powershare Home Backup in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico)
  • Park on your property within 20 feet of your garage or electrical service (main) panel
  • Have an electric service (main) panel rating less than 225A
  • Have a Tesla Certified Installer in your area
  • Agree to the quote for installation provided by the Certified Installer"
My house has two 200 amp panels for 400 amp service so it looks like no powershare for me.
The Powerwall 3 manual says the maximum output is 200A but doesn't mention the limitation for connecting to less than 225A. Does anyone have a Powerwall connected to 400 amp service?

It looks like my only hope to power the house from my truck is to install Powerwall and hook the truck to that.
That looks like a no for me as well…

“Park on your property within 20 feet of your garage or electrical service (main) panel”

My truck will be a 100 foot run from my panel. I have a garage panel but can’t use it for this.

JTB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV 80 & GV70
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders. It now states you will receive a $2,500.00 Tesla Shop voucher and no longer mentions a $4,000.00 installation allowance for Cyberbeast orders.
I locked mine in at Delivery. It's called a "DUE BILL" Make sure you get everything listed on that and it becomes part of the written contract.

HyperReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CB650f
Country flag
So all.CT orders who don't qualify for Power Share get 2500 voucher now even AWD? I thought all the AWD orders got was 6 months free supercharging.

OldDirtyRobot

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Dual Motor, Model 3, Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
What I don't understand is how do I even schedule a PowerShare install for my house? I got the survey that I am eligible, but nothing since. I have a VIN, but no delivery date yet for my Beast.

Can I get started getting quotes now, or do I need to wait for anything on Tesla's end?
Once I got the email, I waited about a week and reached out to them directly. They got back to me a day later.
Sponsored