Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
I just got this too. Hoping it’s a credit that can be applied to my account for future installation? I live in an apartment so not feasible at my “current” home.
I have heard they might offer you something equivalent, such as free supercharger for the value etc.

HellsNels

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck | Beast | FS; 2017 Model 3 LR
Country flag
Just sent in my response. We already have some wall connectors installed so hoping its a fairly easy replace one of them with the new UWC and the Gateway v3. No powerwalls for our house though.

smggsm

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren fisker sig fisker Echochic
Country flag
I got this now too . What is it ?

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Ford's FAQ use 30 kWh/day as well in their example.
However, Tesla 11.5 kW and Ford 19.2 kW so a fair amount higher. 1.67 times higher power output.

Codyco

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yeah, I'm hoping for an easy install. I've got what's supposed to be a 6 car garage. 20x60 that is made to fit an RV with a hookup for one. I've never needed the RV hookup so I'm hoping it's an easy swap for the charger.

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DM, Tesla MY LR, Tesla MY SR, Rivian R1S
Country flag
I received it as well. For anyone interested, the survey just asks questions about who your utility provider is, what kind of service you have to the home (how many amps), if you have a charger already installed, where you'll park the truck... some other basic info. Looks like it's just collecting leads/information for them to connect you with an installer to get a quote.

The question this raises for me is whether I get the hardware for home backup regardless of whether I choose to have it installed immediately or not. We may move from our current home in the next 18 months and I might prefer to hold onto the hardware to be installed at our new home once we've relocated. I'm wondering if they'll just provide the hardware through their certified installer, but only if you choose to have the home backup solution installed.

OP
OP
Wraven

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
This may be a dumb question but do you have to have power wall for this to work? I have Tesla Solar and a current Tesla wall charger.
As I understand it - you don't need a powerwall but you will need the Wall Connector and Gateway v3.