Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I was placed on the waitlist Nov 22,2019 (second day?)I believe if you use the formula at one of the order threads your placement is commingled with all Tesla orders. So I would not place much weight on the numbers. I believe it listed me at 140k lol. Maybe someone else on this site can chime in or wait till August when more info comes out.
~75K is my Day 1 reservation that aligns with your Day two pozie. At a take rate of only 1000 reservations per day after the dust settles, a 2021 reservation could sit at numbers above 800K. That's a wild guess!
Sponsored

Crimson_Fate

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I expect a 350 mile CT to be able to achieve pretty close to 350mi in real world conditions. Does anyone have reason to believe that a first ever Chevy/GMC EV pickup will attain 450 miles just because their promotional materials say so? (I mean, I know GM is America's EV Leader, but C'mon, Man!)
I would not be surprised, the big 3 seem to keep a bit more in reserve that allows them to usually exceed their mileage estimates

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I truly believe the "Pick a trim level" thing from Nov 2019 was essentially an internal poll to gauge interest. When your number gets called, you will be invited to order any option that is currently for sale. (If you clicked on "TriMotor" and they start with the dual motor, if you get your invite, you will get the option to order a Dual right away OR you can wait).
Since it was impossible to select "Quad Motor," I do not feel any subset of the reservation queue would get precedence for the Quad, if and when it is offered. Similarly, if the first 10 people on the list happened to select "Single Motor", and Tesla decides not to offer a single motor CT, I wouldn't expect those early reservationists to drop to the back of the line because they "chose wrong." This is consistent with how they treated reservations in the past.
I think this will be doubly true if they are shuffling the lineup.

If a dual motor 350 mile truck is first out the gate, I think they give people a swing at it in RN order.

For example, when people ordered the Model Y with 7 seats and there was going to be a 1 year delay, they gave people advanced notice to change their order before deliveries started. I expect something similar.

I ran a poll a while back and a surprising number of people were willing to wait for the 500 mile range truck though so it could get interesting for those who are more flexible.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
~75K is my Day 1 reservation that aligns with your Day two pozie. At a take rate of only 1000 reservations per day after the dust settles, a 2021 reservation could sit at numbers above 800K. That's a wild guess!
June 2021 reservation is an "adjusted" 1,068,000 reservation based on the guestimate tracker.

Another 3+ years for my delivery if the ramp up is quick.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
An (initial) 350 mi range would be really embarrassing, especially with the Silverado base model having over a 450 mi range.
Agreed. The industry leader cannot beat the industry loser?

Crimson_Fate

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m pretty far in line, so I am not for a few years, but would a lot of people bail if it is just 350 miles? I think so. Or they buy it and hold it for a later one.. it would be hard to turn it down
I have a dual motor reserved but I plan to respec it to the one with 500 miles range. After having the Model Y for a year I won't purchase any more EV's with less then 450 miles of range. Especially one that will be used for towing.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Look at the Lucid which has longer range than the S.

Also, the Taycan which is faster than the Model Y.

And the Mustang Mach E performance.

Tesla does not need to beat every company at every metric to come out ahead. They just need to provide a good value for the money.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The 450 mile Silverado is their Work Truck (Fleet truck), starting at $80k before addons. I am not sure I consider that the base/lowest trim level for the Silverado. You can't even buy it if you aren't doing a fleet purchase.
That isn’t the point. The point was/is that there is no way that GM/Chevy should be even close to what Tesla can do…for annyvtrim.

And their WT ‘is’ their lowest trim. The RST is the near equivalent to the 3M CT and was initially quoted at $106K.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Look at the Lucid which has longer range than the S.

Also, the Taycan which is faster than the Model Y.

And the Mustang Mach E performance.

Tesla does not need to beat every company at every metric to come out ahead. They just need to provide a good value for the money.
I said industry loser, not Lucid, Porsche, or Ford, each of which is either on the rocks or losing money on BEVs. GM is the village idiot of BEVs.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That isn’t the point. The point was/is that there is no way that GM/Chevy should be even close to what Tesla can do…for annyvtrim.

And their WT ‘is’ their lowest trim. The RST is the near equivalent to the 3M CT and was initially quoted at $106K.
We already know GM is full of shit.

The WT was their “lowest trim”… right, and it was also supposed to cost $40,000. Their predictions about everything are complete bullshit.

The WT is their only trim for the moment because GM wants to control the narrative and release it to a few select customers while making a lot of fanfare—exactly what Tesla did with the Semi.

GM can barely product 2,000 Ultium vehicles per quarter. The WT is a promotional tool, not a product for end consumers to buy. You and I literally cannot buy this vehicle.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I said industry loser, not Lucid, Porsche, or Ford, each of which is either on the rocks or losing money on BEVs. GM is the village idiot of BEVs.
Lucid is likely not solvent by year end. They are about as big a loser as you can get.

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
Not to mention, Franz said on the "ride the lightning" interview that it will best all other EV Trucks in range. So, interesting to see what happens.

Edit: it wasn't ride the lightning, it was the inevitable.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
June 2021 reservation is an "adjusted" 1,068,000 reservation based on the guestimate tracker.

Another 3+ years for my delivery if the ramp up is quick.
Australians can only Dream. Time is on our side. Let's watch the ramp, and let it be quick!

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
That isn’t the point. The point was/is that there is no way that GM/Chevy should be even close to what Tesla can do…for any trim.
Tesla can not fully control that.

If GM, Lucid, Rivian decide to lose $40K-$100K on each vehicle trim Tesla should let them.

They ( GM, Lucid, Rivian ) can only do that for a short time before reality catches up to them and not only did they lose all that money but they will be even further behind a extremely profitable and accelerating in growth Tesla.
Sponsored