MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I have 2 on order. I'm getting what ever comes out. If it's the one I want great. If not, I can try again when the right one comes out and sell current
Fyi some dimwit is gonna call you a flipper for this
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Actually yes I absolutely do believe the truck will achieve that range. Less efficient yes but it has a big ass gastank
also, I thought even ardent Tesla fans agree that Tesla’s EPA range figures are notoriously optimistic compared to reporting of other manus

that’s no dig at Tesla, just that I find it a little surprising to see someone assuming Tesla’s EPA figures will be not less, not even equal, but *more* reliable

Which runs contrary to a lot of coverage

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I wrote an application that tries to do a better analysis of the Reservations being tracked by the CyberTruck Data tracker.
It uses published Tesla Deliver numbers by Quarter to try and estimate the relative position of a CyberTruck RN#.
Click the first link to get the results. You can also look at the code on GitHub.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...ll-your-place-in-line.251/page-67#post-155578

Code: https://github.com/KHappe/CyberTruckTrackerDataAnalysis
re-write it in Java, then maybe I'll take a look. :cool:

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Have you considered getting a new trailer? The new ones have a battery and motor in them so they don't take from the vehicles range.
None of those exist yet.

I've got a deposit down on the LightShip L1, but I'm none too confident that they'll ever go into production. There are a lot of compromises for such a pricy travel trailer. The lack of upper cabinets means 30-40% less storage space and the hassle of ALL your cabinets being below waist level is one of those things that starts out as a minor inconvenience but eventually becomes a soul crushing annoyance several times every day. Fridge is half sized, everything that lives on the counters has to be stored on the floor on travel days, therefore the convenience of having a bathroom and a kitchen while you're moving from on locale to another isn't so convenient. The two part door would be hassle, especially when your hands are full. I don't see how you could install room darkening curtains and the electro-opaque windows don't make for good nap conditions. If we were still in our 20s we'd love it, but wouldn't be able to afford it. We're old now and need our luxuries. 😬

Perhaps, if I were travelling alone, I could handle these First World Problems, but my wife is the one I need to keep happy. She's not as excited about long-term (full-time?) RV life, so much less willing to put up with too many compromises. Airstream is compromise enough as it is. The wife wants slide-outs, kitchen island, W/D, two bathrooms, etc. I've convinced her that a 5th wheel is impractical* with CyberTruck and that the better aero of an Airstream will improve our range a bit.

I wish somebody would add a battery/drivetrain to a camper, it doesn't have to be powerful enough to completely negate its weight and aero, it just needs to help a little bit. I hate the idea of trailer brakes that don't contribute any regen back to the battery, and the only way to fix that is a motor/generator to the trailer wheels. All Travel Trailers need a battery bank for boondocking so those batteries ought to be available for extending range a bit. Tapping into it for the tow vehicle would be problematic, so powering its own wheels would be best. I fantasize about Pull-Thru SuperCharger stations that would allow me to charge my CyberTruck AND the battery bank on my trailer at the same time!!! That would be awesome.

*I know about the 5th wheel carriage trailer, a hassle I don't want.

Please everyone, don't start putting batteries in RVs that only get used 5-10 times a year. Hugely wasteful. Unless maybe if you park it next to your house and use it as a power wall replacement.
I agree with you on that! I'm planning on full-time RVing, so my batteries would be more utilized than a Powerwall. Your concern presents a business plan for some aspiring entrepreneur. Open an RV storage yard with V2G hook-ups. 🤩 A person could offer discounted storage rates if they could use your RV's battery bank as a Virtual Power Plant. I haven't run the numbers, but it may be possible for a storage site owner to PAY YOU to store your RV in their facility. This would negate the concern of allowing valuable batteries to lie fallow when the world needs them so dearly.

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
also, I thought even ardent Tesla fans agree that Tesla’s EPA range figures are notoriously optimistic compared to reporting of other manus

that’s no dig at Tesla, just that I find it a little surprising to see someone assuming Tesla’s EPA figures will be not less, not even equal, but *more* reliable

Which runs contrary to a lot of coverage
Tesla EPA numbers ARE far more optimistic than everyone else's. And the reason is well known:

https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...-factor-tesla-uses-for-big-epa-range-numbers/

A CT with a 350 mile Tesla EPA range would significantly under-perform a Rivian dual motor with 350 mile range and not even come close to a max pack or a Silverado.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Look at the Lucid which has longer range than the S.

Also, the Taycan which is faster than the Model Y.

And the Mustang Mach E performance.

Tesla does not need to beat every company at every metric to come out ahead. They just need to provide a good value for the money.
The Taycan??? Which version? The Generic is $90k+ (before the 5,000 options they have) and is only 5.1 seconds 0-60. Compare apples to apples!

Compare the base Taycan to the Base S. Winner TESLA. (And I own Porsches!)

Trucky

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma until delivery
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer
Country flag
There's been a change to the Tesla login website. They now have a Captcha step between email page and password page. Changes are happening!!!

They overhauled the other web interfaces as well, the partner portal has new three step authentication protocols…

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
The Taycan??? Which version? The Generic is $90k+ (before the 5,000 options they have) and is only 5.1 seconds 0-60. Compare apples to apples!

Do you not get frustrated with Ogre, he only reads the titles. 👀

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
thinking about this , for those of us that reserved trimotor’s and it’s not available at launch. It would be nice if Tesla gave us what is available and another allocation for when the original spec we ordered is ready.
In the past when a model was delayed they gave people the option to change their order before orders were processed. That way if it’s a 1 year delay to 500 mile trucks you can change it out.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Which anything.

Suggestion seems to be that Tesla needs to beat everyone at everything.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Do you not get frustrated with Ogre, he only reads the titles. 👀
You work for Barrons now? Because for the mount of keyboard time you’ve spend holding a candle for them you should.
Sponsored