Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
This photo made me wonder if that mirror is going to be a video display, why do we even have one? Why not just use the screen that is used for everything else? I understand, part of it may be unusable for other purposes but I am cool with it if it that big beautiful glass is uninterrupted as a result for enjoying the great outdoors from the comfort of CT interior.

1617907782887.png
You should be glancing at your rear view mirrors every 15 seconds or so. It should also be viewable immediately in an urgent situation. For those reasons, it should be a dedicated screen, IMHO.

I'm not a fan of the optional rear view monitor in my Bolt's rear view mirror, because it is more difficult to focus on the picture the monitor displays instead of just looking at the reflection in the mirror. Hopefully someone comes up with a solution for that.
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
You should be glancing at your rear view mirrors every 15 seconds or so. It should also be viewable immediately in an urgent situation. For those reasons, it should be a dedicated screen, IMHO.

I'm not a fan of the optional rear view monitor in my Bolt's rear view mirror, because it is more difficult to focus on the picture the monitor displays instead of just looking at the reflection in the mirror. Hopefully someone comes up with a solution for that.
This would be a bigger deal for CT than Bolt since a glass mirror means either traveling with vault open or not having a cover over the mirror height at all. I wonder what that would mean for the update we are waiting for if Feds have not approved it by then. CT probably will have to use one of these.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Releases High-Res Images of the Cybertruck 1617912601260

Last edited:

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
As @Dids suggested before this definitely looks like strips glued on there.
I am a fan of the slot idea. Was looking forward to them. So when @Dids suggested they were not slots but strips I chose not to believe him. Isn't that how things work now? I have the right to believe whatever I want. Keep your facts and evidence to yourself. ?

Rick'sCT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think the CT looks borderline overloaded with the ATV in the bed. Hopefully it will carry the weight better than the pic suggests.

OP
OP

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I think the CT looks borderline overloaded with the ATV in the bed. Hopefully it will carry the weight better than the pic suggests.
Adaptive air suspension should help a lot with that.

"Another big benefit is that SUVs or trucks with the feature boast improved towing capabilities. In most of these SUVs or trucks, drivers can increase firmness when towing to account for heavier loads. That’s not true of SUVs or trucks with spring suspension, where large loads can weigh down the vehicle."
https://www.autotrader.com/car-tips/pros-and-cons-of-air-suspension-212905

Mr.Dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
That picture is showcasing the ability of the truck to automatically lower the rear suspension and lift the front suspension to help reduce the angle of the loading ramp.

The truck will never look overloaded (up to it's max cargo load of 3500 lb.) because the air struts will automatically find level, regardless of the weight in the bed.

My car does the same thing. When I have adults in the back seat, the extra weight causes the rear suspension to sit lower while people climb in. Within a few seconds the struts inflate and lift the car back up level position and you can't tell it's carrying all that weight. As soon as those people step out, the rear sits a little high for about 3 seconds and then the struts deflate back down to the level position. It does this automatically without user input.

Last edited:

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
That is not overloaded, that is the CT lowering itself to let the ATV go up the ramp. It is shown on launch video beginning at 20:36. The ATV rider gets off to lower the ramp and you can see the suspension is high on front axle and low on back axle. I'm gonna assume it's some sort of "loading mode". Shows side view at 20:59. It's a engineered solution to the ease of loading the ATV/other equipment up the ramp and into the vault area.

Rick'sCT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes at the very end of the video the CT appears to be more level. When the bed is empty the rear end does sit higher though. I wonder if they could have raised it a bit more with the ATV in the bed or if level is as high as it will go?

Last edited:

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I'm gonna WAG and say the CT can go to full ride height with ATV in vault. To get the ATV to unloads at trailheads, it would need to be able to go full offroad height for dirt roads/rocky terrain.

Rick'sCT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm gonna WAG and say the CT can go to full ride height with ATV in vault. To get the ATV to unloads at trailheads, it would need to be able to go full offroad height for dirt roads/rocky terrain.
Makes sense.
and thanks for the time stamps on the video, I was able to see the changes

Hootie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Civic; '23 Model Y LR; '23 Ford Lightning
Country flag
This is great. This picture definitely shows a separation of the panels for the Sail pillar to open up for storage. I know i have seen some pictures of it open but some other pictures, it didn't look like it opened so curious if it will be real. I have seen YouTube video of close ups at the museum and i couldn't see crease to indicate it would open up.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Releases High-Res Images of the Cybertruck sail storage.JPG

Mr.Dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
This photo made me wonder if that mirror is going to be a video display, why do we even have one?

1617907782887.png
I'd be curious to know what it's like to drive a vehicle where the mirrors have been replaced by monitors.

When looking out your windscreen your eyes are focusing on objects 100' away and when you glance at objects in the mirror at roughly the same distance, your eyes don't have to adjust very much. It makes me wonder if it would take longer to focus on the details of a screen that's displaying 2 feet away rather than the mirror reflection of a car that's 100' away

I know that we already have displays and gauges in our vehicles that we look at, but for some reason it seems like it would be more difficult to look at a live display. It'll be interesting to try it out.
Sponsored