Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This is likely only affecting a couple dozen people at this point who have had the opportunity to switch to the Model Y SR when it was briefly online or the Model Y AWD LR.

It’s best to think of Tesla as a sociopathic entity that happens to have similar goals in common with us (and makes great products!). They frequently do stuff which is shitty and arguably unfair and arbitrary. If they weren’t so damned good at making cars and pushing “The Mission” forward, we’d probably hate them. (PS and good for my portfolio)
I bet you are spot on, and the guy spouting increased trim MSRPs...I hope any price increase goes to him and leave the believer's prices alone.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's a done deal. If Tesla has done the numbers and decided not to take losses on FSD then it's over.
Again.

Not buying into other peoples fears and nonsense.

You can spout your stupid assumptions over and over. Still don’t care.

Right now we don’t even know that the tri motor has been eliminated. Or how they will just roll tri motor orders over to quad motor orders automatically. We have lots of assumptions piled up about those things, now you are piling more assumptions on top. It’s like a giant assumption sandwich and you are serving it up with a double helping of FUD.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
"Tesla is communicating to customers who have ordered now-discontinued variants of vehicles"

I think this applies to Cybertruck.
As I said, we don’t even know if the tri motor config is discontinued. Or anything about how they are handling it.

You assume and presume we’ll buy into it.

Nice try.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The bit of information to focus on is Tesla does not honor FSD reserve when the configuration is updated. We knew this if we altered the trim specs on on CT reservation before trim levels were removed.

The response from a Tesla employee is most likely taken out of context.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The bit of information to focus on is Tesla does not honor FSD reserve when the configuration is updated. We knew this if we altered the trim specs on on CT reservation before trim levels were removed.

The response from a Tesla employee is most likely taken out of context.
You have a point. Only when Tesla updates the Cybertruck page will we know with any certainty.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Until I get an email from Tesla stating the same thing for the tri-motor CT (discontinued model, not honoring FSD pricing), I'm not worried about it. If the price of FSD does increase, I probably won't buy it. I'll be interested to see if the subscription cost of FSD increases as much as the cost to buy it outright.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Until I get an email from Tesla stating the same thing for the tri-motor CT (discontinued model, not honoring FSD pricing), I'm not worried about it. If the price of FSD does increase, I probably won't buy it. I'll be interested to see if the subscription cost of FSD increases as much as the cost to buy it outright.
Do remember, subscription prices will ALWAYS increase over time for varied reasons. Then again, owning FSD can be superseded by FSD Plus or whatever they want to call it in the future. There is no guarantee that you will have the latest and greatest Tesla has to offer permanently no matter what route you should take.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
Doesn’t Tesla have a history of initially making short-sighted decisions on pricing and then reacting to the social media outrage with a more sensible stance?

I don’t think they will stick to their corporate guns to save thousands of dollars on FSD fees while costing themselves millions of dollars in reputation. Even without budgets for PR and advertising, they know that image is important.

All that said, I agree with Ogre: There’s nothing for us to fret about just yet.
Sponsored