Makeodds101

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag
Any chance that the FS CT becomes the cheaper model CT? And the Non-FS CT is either a few grand cheaper or the same price without the perk accessories and FSD included. Only a thought because foregoing an invite to configure might be more costly in the long run.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Any chance that the FS CT becomes the cheaper model CT? And the Non-FS CT is either a few grand cheaper or the same price without the perk accessories and FSD included. Only a thought because foregoing an invite to configure might be more costly in the long run.
The Foundation Series is what the truck is plus $20K of addons, including delivery this year.

Waiting for the non-FS model will get you something $20K cheaper than the Foundation Series.

We assume it'll be the prices on the spec sheet currently, although there's no way to know.

-Crissa

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Tesla could even remove the tonneau cover on the $61k RWD model and make it optional.

gc2488

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
software engineer
Country flag
We're certainly interested in the RWD Cybertruck! It will still have the awesome electrical outlets including 240V NEMA 14-50 connector in the bed, right? We'll see!

OP
OP
Makeodds101

Makeodds101

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag
We're certainly interested in the RWD Cybertruck! It will still have the awesome electrical outlets including 240V NEMA 14-50 connector in the bed, right? We'll see!
Imagine opening up the truck bed and opening that small panel just to see a rectangle place holder but no outlet. I think that would be too blatant to do on a lower model CT. But who knows, depends on if it's listed as part of the CTRWD.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
They've never done something like that before.

-Crissa
Removed features from cheaper versions? Typically they paywall them or something but they're usually physically still there lol

Known-Background

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ModelY, Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
They've never done something like that before.

-Crissa
They’ve never had a tonneau to remove before. Not all Model Y’s come with the tail hitch or 7 seats.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
I would think a RWD CT would be extremely inefficient due to the weight of the vehicle and having a single motor to drive it. Not criticizing anyone for wanting it by any means, just my thoughts on the subject.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I would be confident Tesla will keep the 120V/240V outlets in the bed on the RWD model.

But with the incredible demand for existing AWD versions of Cybertruck I would not be confident that RWD versions will be launching on schedule. I would guess 2026.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I would think a RWD CT would be extremely inefficient due to the weight of the vehicle and having a single motor to drive it. Not criticizing anyone for wanting it by any means, just my thoughts on the subject.
The RWD Cybertruck will likely be the most efficient configuration.

The Dual Motor Cybertruck is not that heavy (around 6600 lbs.) and the RWD version should be even lighter, under 6,000 lbs. It will have one less differential, one less motor and a lighter battery unless Tesla decides to give it more EPA range than original specs of 250+ miles (or equip it with an iron-based batter chemistry).

It will still have great instantaneous torque even if it's not meant for pulling trailers weighing 11K lbs. or winning 1/4 mile drag races. It will drive better than your run of the mill pickup truck by a country mile due to its better weight distribution with more weight over the drive wheels, and the instantaneous torque control. It will probably have the same locking rear differential as the Dual Motor.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Tesla could even remove the tonneau cover on the $61k RWD model and make it optional.
I hope people aren't thinking the truck is going to be the same as the FS just minus some badging, and a lower price. I don't see that at all in the cards. I count the cards

Amuma

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I would be confident Tesla will keep the 120V/240V outlets in the bed on the RWD model.

But with the incredible demand for existing AWD versions of Cybertruck I would not be confident that RWD versions will be launching on schedule. I would guess 2026.
Based all on demand + margin. With res, they get sneak peak into future demand

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
The RWD Cybertruck will likely be the most efficient configuration.

The Dual Motor Cybertruck is not that heavy (around 6600 lbs.) and the RWD version should be even lighter, under 6,000 lbs. It will have one less differential, one less motor and a lighter battery unless Tesla decides to give it more EPA range than original specs of 250+ miles (or equip it with an iron-based batter chemistry).

It will still have great instantaneous torque even if it's not meant for pulling trailers weighing 11K lbs. or winning 1/4 mile drag races. It will drive better than your run of the mill pickup truck by a country mile due to its better weight distribution with more weight over the drive wheels, and the instantaneous torque control. It will probably have the same locking rear differential as the Dual Motor.
I agree the truck is insanely amazing with, 1, 2 or even 3 motors. I think it will have great acceleration bc of Tesla's motor, but- 250 EPA estimate, add in cold weather and snow tires/at tires, I believe it will be a little lower. 6k is a good amount of weight, it's no Hummer EV, but- it's still heavy, and on one motor. I definitely agree with many of your points, I just don't believe it will be the most efficient, I believe that would be the dual. I say all this as a Beast resy, so it isn't my number one concern, but- definitely don't feel like one motor will cut it other than every day commutes and ideal weather, maybe I'll be wrong... At least we can all talk about it lol
Sponsored